1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Update on a few things

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if you want to split EVERYTHING, you're going to have to figure out the no-trade items first. these are account bound. currently we can trade them within the account by either placing them as deco for the other to pick up or by putting them in the bank, but not all no-trade items CAN be placed as deco. presumably after a split things currently in the bank will be available to all alts until they're taken out, but that doesn't help with ones yet to be created/deposited. you CANNOT make any more no trade items that are not deco without making some arrangement to trade them between accounts, and it's not reasonable to expect people to pay to bundle them to trade with themselves, or to multi-box to actually make the trade.

2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

It is nice that crafting XP gain will be reviewed but please also review the cost and reward. Adventure XP is easy to get, you can make good coin with minimal cost, and training with Adventure XP is pretty much free.

Crafting XP is a slow process to gain comparatively. Training is extremely expensive and, as has been stated by Chris on several occasion, by design you can't make money crafting and selling to NPC vendors. I would simply be ecstatic to get an empty flask recipe so you can make a meager amount selling POTs. Or _any_ recipe that would allow me to earn a little coin while training crafting.

Bedawyn likes this.
  3. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

If you can buy something of an NPC then you should be able to make it, farm it, etc.

Tirrag likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Its not only xp, tho. Its that there is NO way to progress in crafting without adventuring. Every resource is locked behind combat. So to play a "pure" crafting character, you are 100% reliant upon having a adventuring character to go kill things to gather for you. And the things you make, even with the best resources available, will not cover the cost of purchasing enough resources to make more. Crafting should be adding value to what you gather, but its a bottomless pit.

Maybe just move the shared xp to offline. It doesn't matter there anyway. I know thats where I'm playing mostly anyway.

Rentier and Tirrag like this.
  5. Artomus Sumotra

Artomus Sumotra Avatar

That is more like it affirmative action clear reasons with resolutions! Explaining the origin of the prob sure... Making the hard choice to fix issues rather then working around it is great! Of course it will affect how many play but with proper notification I think they will deal with it. I personally like my shared xp for my alts but am not opposed to PROGRESS. I can adjust my alts accordingly with a little planing...
    @Chris My only question would be will this affect the Bank of all Alts?

6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Uploaded the new patch today.

Gotta say that crashing to desktop again when zoning into Brittany just isn't cool any more.

For a game so reliant on zoning, that is core tech that just HAS to work more reliably than it does.

CatherineRose and FrostII like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Actually, the overland Stag encounter (except forest and swamp) have no hostile creatures in the scene when you enter them. All the resources in there can be gathered with no combat.

It’s not an efficient way to gather resources, but just pointing that out.

8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Also some leadership advice after reading a few messages in this thread that I've seen similarly presented before, which raises concerns about team dynamics where none were needed.

Business leaders should never throw their team members under the bus publicly to their clients for errors and omissions.

It is incumbent on the business leaders to have the right supervision and QC checks in place to avoid those.

Ownership of team errors, including failure of leadership to quality check a team's work, when they do happen, should reside with the leader when presenting failures to customers.

Leaders can later discipline their employees in a private, internal action instead of doing it as a public client engagement function.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Mishikal, Greyfox, Aeryk and 9 others like this.
  9. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Especially when Massively OP has a clip showing that Chris both knew about this change and approved it before it went live.

Agreed leaders should not throw their team members under the bus - to do that when it is apparently not even true...yikes.

Mishikal, evillego6, Greyfox and 6 others like this.
  10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

So tired of the constant excuses being made around here. No acceptance of mistakes that were made, just constant deflections and disingenuous statements to pivot the blame elsewhere. Well here's what I say to that:

11. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yes I also noticed a lot of "other" devs blaming going on lately on the posts and streams. Pretty unacceptable really.

12. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    There are a lot of issues being discussed here. From the OP the only issue Chris was discussing was the abuse of the pooled Exp. I totally agree that these other issues need their forum post but lets keep it simple and try not to cover everything with hundreds of people that each have their own view. Also Corporate discussion of employees as well as Family discussions of family members should never be done in public.

As for the Exp issue.... To create alts to max exp to add to the pool and then kill the alt and do it again seems to be going against game mechanics. Also having 1 or more alts follow you around so they can level for "free" seems, and has been listed as, going against game mechanics. If you are here to play the game then follow the "Normal" way of playing. If you find an exploit that allows you to benefit from consider "Is this how I would normally play the game and how would it affect me if the exploit was fixed"?

I think @Chris idea is a good one that possibly does not punish the ones who took advantage of this by not deleting gained Exp but changes how Exp is earned going forward. Just like he did not stop people from adventuring out with several of their Alts but only the ones with focus gained experience. This meant that adventuring with friends or in groups could benefit from the group bonus, which helped people playing with other real people.

Anyway my mantra is "Play the game and enjoy. Do new things, craft better things, kill stronger things, explore, and meet new people."

Rentier, Urwendor, Mac2 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Alrighty, locking this thread. Points have been made and its simply becoming circular now. Thank you for the input :)

Rentier, Mishra, vulcanjedi and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.