Bard as a valid option for solo play?

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Dysis, Apr 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Your doing it wrong then. What you want to do is dynamic stack those skills cuz heat stacking them takes WAY too long. What I did was have one spot with canticle fire fist and flame arrow, then another dynamic spot with just the flame arrow, another with just fire arrow and another with the canticle. You then have a locked mind lock so that once you have the fire arrow and flame fist locked up you can keep them locked up. The once you start to cast the canticle, while thats going off you get up to a 4 stack again and once it cast you only have to wait the 5 second before the 5th card comes back to stack it one more time for the 5 stack and then your casting again. I guess the easiest way would be for me to make a video of this, I'll go do that now.

Numa, Violet Ronso and FrostII like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You forgot I play with one hand.... :oops: and quit using a dynamic deck a long time ago.
    But you're right.... with a dynamic deck the start to finish would be seriously reduced, so I totally get your point.

Mac2 likes this.
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If you using this in a party setting, and you dont have to move, you will still be able to do this with one hand. Here is the video

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I kinda want to see someone kill a dragon or some other huge hp beasty with that. Imean, that's a red dragon in what, 5-6 hits, assuming they're a little more resistant than a target dummy.

Mac2 likes this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

There is no resistance to the canticle, its hits EVERYTHING for that much.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I've heard you don't even use instruments when barding. That's so disappointing.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sorta. I mean, technically it's a "singing" skill, but it'd be cool if it were somehow modified by having an instrument equipped.

Numa and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I think the "tech" isnt there.

My only complaint with the latest patch is removing Chaotic Feedback and Spellbinder stances effects from bars skills, add a focus cost, that is it?! I mean if Canticle increases focus cost as you stack it now, someone could one shot themselves by using Chaotic Feedback! Add in focus costs and bring back duration reductions!

9. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

I have always sought to create a different character than wasn`t broken as fire or archery, was looking for something diferent but iually I consider that Concussive Canticle has been heavely nerfed. C Canticle is my main farm ability and all my character build are constructed around that spell, might be the only player is using it. I am Sun - Bard spec, I've even tried Bard - Focus. The max damage I can get is 800-1.100 1.300(rare) with stacking 6 spells (like mac`s video) and able to get 4.300 Focus from my gear + buffs with 300 INT.
    I consider it is not an option, I invest a lot of gold and EXP in it. Definitely needs more love, I know in PVP you think it could be deadly or over powered but no, you must have a good possition, timeing and stack at least 3x6 spells and try to stay hidden without making noise so its complicated in my humble opinion.
    A solution could be to do less % damage to other players and increase the damage in PVE
    Hopefully @Chris take a look at it and consider it appropriate to make any adjustments.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.