Relief from the Virus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Asclepius, Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Avatars - are you going stir crazy being cooped up at home? Is isolation getting to you? Why not listen to the radio and chill out for a while?
    Radio Oz with the Doctor is returning - DJ Asclepius will be here for the regular monthly set, with a brand new set of tunes to lift your spirits. And what's life without reference to the current COVID-19 crisis - some fun, some serious. So tune in to Virtue Radio WEDNESDAY, 7 PM Central US time for a couple of hours of fun.
    Avatars Radio link on your aether device, or https://zcu.io/jXP8

Innascual Inch, Nick, Rentier and 6 others like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks Asclepius for your show and attempting to lift the spirits of the community :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Asclepius, Mimner, Barugon and 5 others like this.
  3. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

And silently... the comments disappeared into the void...

4. Stellos Hayford

Stellos Hayford Avatar

...Except for this one. I'm sure it's appreciated by the community in general, myself included. I personally don't listen to radio in general, the noise gets up my ass, but that is quite respectable of you.

5. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

When in someone's home you respect the rules of their home.

Personally I didn't see any politics being discussed. All I posted were some facts along with their source. The SOTA community was unique in that it's a global community from many parts of the world. Mostly a mature community. We all united with this game. Having the ability to discuss a global pandemic that is a threat to us all on the game forums was a nice treat. Its not as if these forums are active with discussions of the game.

For those who would rather not read about COVID-19 on their gaming forums. This information isn't pushed, you have to actively pull the thread to read the information.

Again, I respect the rules of the house. Just remember how threads like this are handled is just one of MANY reasons, so many previous very supportive visitors now choose to visit other homes. Having been in this community many years I also know the blame doesn't lie with the community manager, but within the core of the organization. My idiocy is in believing one day things will change.

Stay safe, healthy, and remember this virus clearly demonstrates just how closely we are ONE.

6. Stellos Hayford

Stellos Hayford Avatar

I didn't see what was edited, but if it's forbidden to discuss the virus with peers, friends, and community members, who you share your experiences with, that's dogshit. Totally feel that way. This is a community forum, a global thing like the virus that's ravaging all our nations, and if -mature- discussion, (and I hope it was), is being moderated, that's complete bullshit. That said, if it needed moderating, by all means, moderate.

~ Note: Apparently it isn't. We're not allowed to discuss a global issue apparently, nor name anything, or our pets after it. Illegal. Not that you'd do something as juvenile as that. Feh.

If people are making childish jokes, maybe moderate the user.. But threads are locked, it would seem, mature or otherwise. Global issues are a no-go-there. Crap.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  7. Helverian

Helverian Avatar

I think it was deleted too much. but ok...

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Some people were making partisan charged remarks, whether they want to admit it or not. Keep that kind of rhetoric out and your comments won't get deleted.

9. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

And now for something completely different.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.