Chris - just relax

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Apr 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Chris we appreciate the hard work.

Yes, I am always asking for things, along with so many others. But for a bit I'd like to ask you too just relax (once the new crashes/problems are undone), chill, spend time with your family instead of the game, and take a mostly staycation. Punch the build button if someone else checks in a thoroughly tested TINY addition, but just relax on development for a week or so and recover.

No more 20 hour days. They are appreciated, but detrimental.

If you look back on the last couple of weeks, it would have been (and still is) a great time to get nothing done. People are at home looking for a new game, now is not the time too be pumping changes and/or breaking things.

Be home, not in the office, for like a week. And don't forget to breath. :)

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I very much agree.

I want tons of stuff fixed and even more new stuff. But, I also want the game, the community, and the team building it to be here for many years to come.

We better be playing this game 50 years from now or I will be greatly disappointed. :)

3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and @Chris
    I also agree that you need to take a break and want to add that there are a lot of players in Texas so if we need to throw an "Intervention" we can. As long as you are willing to cook for the group. ;)

Scooby Doo, Lily Byrd, Prada and 4 others like this.
  4. KidTwist

KidTwist Avatar

Damn liberals.... Back to work!

JK, Chris. Stay focused on what really matters . Family. I've been gone a while, but I like a lot of what I see. Stay well bud.

Hexadecimal, Lily Byrd, Prada and 2 others like this.
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

6. Stellos Hayford

Stellos Hayford Avatar

Yeah, man. Look after yourself and the team, first and foremost. If that means no more monthly releases, packed with a bevy of content, for what sometimes seems like a very demanding community without any mercy, or cutting down (heavily, that's way too much) on 20 hour days, then so be it. Overworked, unwell developers means little or no development, at all. Many of us, (sadly, not all) once the laundry's aired, would gladly go without content releases for a while, until you and the team are rested, in good health, and come back with renewed strength to the project. Meanwhile, your loyal backers will continue to support the project as best we're able. *clicks the sub button once again.*

So if needed, take some time out, get a whole lot of rest and relaxation, do some things you enjoy, or have wanted to do for a while, pop in from time to time to let us know how you are (that's important to us, believe it or not), and implement a bug fix or three, and come back happy and healthy with a more relaxed perspective on the project.

You have friends here, Chris and team. A veritable army of them. We argue amongst ourselves, often and loudly, but the fact is, we're almost 100% united in our love for the project (and the team!), and seeing the things we often argue about being implemented in one form or another. Eventually.

<3 Those who care. :p

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  7. CICI

CICI Avatar

Take 30 days off :)
    P.S Add 12 mo sub for $99 =)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Prada likes this.
  9. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

That's easier said than done when you don't own your own business. He owns this game and the success feeds his family.

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If nothing but the new continent work (done by the world builders) had been done last month, we'd be farther ahead right now.

11. treehoofer

treehoofer Avatar

Yeah...I'll chip in all my seed invest profits to help fund your vacation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.