What Are Your Top Most Wanted Improvements?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wilfred, Apr 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

REPAIR LOCKED ITEMS FFS

2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Is this an auction? I up the bid to the roll of toilet paper, a box of tissue, and a can of spam.

macnlos likes this.
  3. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

I appreciate the correction and I've made the correction in my other post. My greater point is it doesn't matter which he said as we have no data for what is currently typical in the industry for a free to play game (or for an mmo) as far as retention rate goes, so we can't compare it. And even if we did, none of it matters because Chris believes that 12% is good, whether we agree with him or not and he justified that by comparing it to other free to play games, a comparison we do not have enough data to make.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Another option might be to stop losing who you've got. Particularly the people who

like deco, trade, and hair styles. After all, it's the costumes and the deco that pays the bills, not the combat.

Buuuut lets put another year into combat tweaks, maybe that'll work this time?

majoria70 likes this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Um, since we're being quite precise here, what's that extra d's purpose ?

arcdevil likes this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I want private towns back.

Astirian, Cyin and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes. even if it's something you have to specifically opt into, like pvp flagging.

Echondas, Cyin and Lazlo like this.
  8. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Most important for me:

1. Remove forced-multiplayer for towns, outskirts, and Novia. (This is both a social improvement and a performance improvement; other avatars cause way more lag than overdecorated towns.)

2. Fix crafting pt 1: Go through ALL the recipes and adjust to use realistic quantities. You shouldn't have to kill a whole forest to make one little item. And because mat quantities are at the very root of crafting, no other crafting "fixes" can be properly evaluated for their effects unless this is fixed first.

3. Improved questing journal for ep 1, NOT just ep 2.

4. Improved avatars: at the very least, better hair styles and hair colors and a male body that doesn't look like a quarterback no matter how I dress him.

5. Fix crafting pt 2: Make recipes drop as a result of crafting, not killing! And review which recipes are on which merchants. Having some of them as regionally available is good, but too many that ought to be basics available everywhere are instead limited to regional merchants. This makes getting into crafting as a new player unreasonably difficult.

Yes, all these things have been said before. But I do think there'd be value if the forum community could at least find consensus on a few things that were non-controversial. If we were all clamoring for the same few things at a time, we'd have more chance of getting them to listen than if we're all clamoring individually for a thousand different things, some of which others are clamoring against. So it is worthwhile to try to identify what those few consensus things are.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  9. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

It is my desire to have our PVP system improved and made playable with goals to beat. New players come into the game knowing how to fight bunches of monsters due to playing other games and therefore they play often, gain skill in PVE but do not know how or understamd how to PVP. We need to have a queue system. Match current PVP skill of the player with another player of similar skill. Keep track of wins , loses, improvements and rewards so that the player improves and sees his improvements. In real life everyone is on a different skill level of anything one does. As one improves and competition continues then learning becomes a joy. We have no such system now yet we have Obsidian Trials and other areas designed for PVP. Why does no one or at the very best only a few even enter those areas? The Obsidian Trials would be a good place to start. Fix it. Surely it can be fixed or it will just end up a waste.

There are a few very good PVPers that also have ideas with much experience that if utilized could be of great help. The greatest leaders are the ones who not only have a goal in their minds but they open their minds to their mistakes so that instead of doing the same mistake over and over and over again they change and improve.

Improve loot and make it worth working so hard...even dying at times...to get. Even if it just a special item that can be hoped for once in a while would be great.

My greatest wish for our game is that all developers make time daily to play the game that others are expected to want to play. It is not possible to make a game that is fun and lasting without playing it. Not playing it is like learning how to swim while laying in your bed.

Student Teaching was designed so that a teacher would understand that just what you learn about teaching in a book is not enough.

Same with playing the piano. Practicing all alone in your home does not prepare you for playing in front of an audience. You need both.

We need bugs fixed not just left hanging in the air never to be able to be played again. What a waste of time and money done in the past when left in that way. It would be so much better to be able to play what we have due to the bugs being fixed rather than having more new stuff.

If I were working with such a hectic schedule as the game is I would make a schedule of not just what I must accomplish that month or week or day but I would allow certain amount of time for each...similar when in college and you not only had a job and a family to take care of but you had to make time to study.

There are always things that would be more fun to do but self control and organization of time must be used or none will be complete. All will just be started but goals never met.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Witcheypoo, Gustach, Ancev and 4 others like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

1. Fix the long-standing mouselook issue in the Linux client.
    2. Improve the framerate for Linux.

Bedawyn and CatherineRose like this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I agree with @CatherineRose . Play your game. That's my only request/hope at this point. Don't do ANYTHING for a month, just play your game. All aspects of it, not just combat.

12. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

And do it without any developer cheats.

Chatele, Mishra, Pifester and 4 others like this.
  13. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Bug fixes across the board
    Stability in game before it goes live
    Finish things that were started and never completed IE: Dungeon stuff. Spawners
    Improved Loot drops...less junk

Chatele, Galaxa23, arcdevil and 6 others like this.
  14. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Witcheypoo likes this.
  15. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

LOL.. tell me when they get to your stuff...

arcdevil and evillego6 like this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

1. Completed dungeon sets. The craftable foyer is in the ancient stone style, but the craftable segments (and most of the ones that drop) are in the "plain" stone style. The only foyer that matches the style of the craftable sections is a giant crown store foyer, that has a bunch of dumb lion statues in it. Also, many permutations of transition pieces do not exist.

2. Dungeon doors! Especially secret doors. Plus breakable walls. (And hopefully eventually, locks and keys.)

3. Plain jane dungeon entrances. Stuff that isn't blowing and flashy. A good start would be reusing the basement entrances to crate dungeon entrance versions.

4. The stone ruins (small, medium, and large) used to have deco surfaces. Then they broke. Fix them.

5. Oh yeah... Better/more tier 6-7 areas. I'm at the point where 5 is full, and 8-10 are usually too hard.

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

[​IMG]

18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Better... But I'd like to see a book that could be placed on a shelf with other plain books. Or a bookcase.

Or! The obsidian sarcophagus. The crafted entrance is that dumb ankh tomb marker, it'd be cool to get the obsidian sarcophagus too.

Belladonna Rose, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Don't forget dungeon interfaces. Like interface to see all player dungeons in the game and ranking system. Example of this is everquest 2 has one.

Powersurge45 likes this.
  20. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

I spy with my little eye something the begins with the letter "B"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.