1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Need More Info] AMD GPU Crashes

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Abstrax Phoenix, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

04/02/2020 14:23
    Title: Crashing crashing crashing
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? YES
    Details: Been crashing a lot, most recent update that fixed hitching made it way worse, I cant even do ravensmoor, a place with very little going on. I would say I have lost around 200 durability on everything so far from crashing mid fight, im going to have to major repair armor that is not even a week old already, because of this. I would swear here, but I guess my last thread like this got deleted, so this has to be all family friendly.
    Steps to Reproduce: Crash, maybe crash mid fight, die while crashing mid fight, come back after you crashed, lose 5 durability on armor that took millions of gold to make, probably around 3.3m gold which equates to around $100.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor (24) System RAM: 32683
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU RAM: 8151
    SotA.Win.64.1156.Date.03.31.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Luna City
    Area Display Name: Luna City
    Loc: (158.6, 36.0, 262.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxMdW5hIENpdHl8KDE1OC41NiwgMzYuMDIsIDI2Mi44NzgpfCgwLCAtMC43MzcsIDAsIDAuNjc2KXwyNjUuMDU2N3wxMHwyLjYyMjEzNw==

2. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Update 1159 literally made it worse, cant go around in towns for more than 10 seconds without a unity crash.

3. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Have you un-installed the game (deleted the directory) then re-installed to try to resolve this?

4. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Yes I have reinstalled everything multiple times, it does not change anything.

5. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

6. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

There seems to be something happening with AMD cards specifically. Have you tried entering "crafter town" many of us on the RX series can't get in there. I was having a TON of crashes just like you and the one thing that fixed it for me was using the AMD software utility to turn off the AMD graphics features at the driver level. I you have all of these turned on or some of them turned on try turning them all off and see if that helps.

In the radeon software go to shroud of the avatar and click on graphics settings and make sure the following are OFF.

Graphics Profile: (CUSTOM) This will let you tune for this game only and not mess with global settings.

Radeon Anti lag: Off

Radeon Chill: Off

Radeon Image Sharpening: (I have this ON and it doesnt seem to matter, for your own use you can try off)

Radeon Enhanced Sync: Disabled

Anti Aliasing: Use application setting

Anti Aliasing Method: (Not sure it matters as the game is doing this per the driver but mine says Adaptive Multisampling)

Anisotropic Filtering: Disabled

Texture Filtering Quality: (Mine is high, but AF is disabled so IDK if it's actually doing anything.)

Surface Format Optimization: Disabled

Tessellation Mode: AMD Optimized

Open GL Triple Buffering: Disabled

Again, turning most of these settings off stopped the vast majority of my crashes on my AMD card... now I Just have the random crash in POT (I think there is some deco item or something that is conflicting with our AMD cards..) and I can't enter "crafters town" in any fashion (but everyone with our graphics card has said this so far.. again it might be that particular house deco item is at the entrance there?)

let me know if this helps, I am curious! Good Luck!

7. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

All my settings are already like this and ive tried using other settings and stuff, nothing helps. Still tons of crashes sadly.

8. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

Man hopefully they can figure it out, you aren't alone.. definitely something up with AMD cards. I have the same PC as you.. XD

9. Toular

Toular Avatar

Definitely seems to be something about AMD cards. I have Nividia and just ran around all over Crafter's town with no problems and little to no framerate problems. Even my usual "hitch" seemed gone.

Anpu likes this.
  10. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

The thing that sucks is that it hasnt always been like this. One day they did some update to apparently help performance or something, and that was the day my fps went down really badly and the day that I started crashing a crap ton. Kind of sucks. Probably just gonna take a break from this game until this all gets fixed. We are apparently going to go to unity 2019, a whole freaking year of updates. This game is probably going to become bug city once they update. cant wait for that.

11. Nocturnalist

Nocturnalist Avatar

I run a RX 5500 xt / 8GB ddr6, I can go crafterstown and reproduce a crash 99% of the time, other then that the game runs great for me, but my problem now is I can't get to my vendor!