1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] BunkerT "Reclamation Unit Parts" Broken

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Jakkal, Mar 19, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

After completing Bunker T I received the quest to "Talk to Yngvar" to check about returning the key. For whatever reason I no longer have the key in my inventory so I am unable to complete this quest.

I have the Reclamation Unit Parts but not the key.

I've watched tutorial videos on this quest line but I am unable to perform these steps since I don't have the BunkerT key required by Yngvar.

Reproduction: Unable to redo this chain to test reproduction.
    Blocker: Yes, unable to continue quest chain.
    Scene: Aerie Graveyard
    NPC: Yngvar
    Steps to reproduce: Talk to Yngvar and attempt to return the key

User Specs: Windows 10; Steam

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If I am recalling correctly, you entered this scene many times, and then the key that Yngvar gave you eventually broke?

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

This quest has some variables. There are multiple "key" scenarios and it might be that you have a different one than the one(s) shown in those walkthroughs.
    1. Do you still have a related task you can't clear? If so, what is that specific task?
    2. When you say "hello" to Yngvarr, what does he say?
    3. When you say "key" to Yngvarr, what does he say?

Anpu likes this.
  4. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Yes, I still have the quest and it still won't clear, or give me the next quest in the quest chain.

Task is: Talk to Yngvar. I found a package labeled Reclamation Unit Parts in a pack room off the Reclamation Room in Bunker T. Hopefully it's of value to Thibadeaux. But, before I turn the package in to her, I'll first check with Yngvar about the key I borrowed from him.

I have the Reclamation Unit Parts in my inventory but no idea what happened to the key, as it has long since disappeared from inventory. I can no longer open the gate in Bunker T that uses that key. I had previously used the key in Bunker T dozens of times running the dungeon solo repeatedly for xp before I attempted to turn in the quest.

When I say hello, Yngvar responds "Greetings and well wishes to you, traveler. You are always welcome here."

When I say key, Yngvarr responds "Did you lose a key? I'm sorry, but I haven't seen any."

5. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

I have no idea what happened to it, but its gone so I can't proceed with the quest to speak to Yngvar about the key that I had borrowed from him.

6. Sannio

This is great information. Thanks for the details. I've added it as issue #66854 and I'll take a look into it as soon as I can.

7. Sannio

I submitted a fix. I saw that it was possible (and sometimes easy) for players to acquire the Reclamation Unit Parts package without already having Yngvarr's key. This would block the quest in the way Jakkal described, so maybe he never got the key in the first place. At any rate, I changed it so players must be on the quest (and have accepted Yngvarr's key) in order to obtain the package. Also, I added a safety response for Yngvarr. Anyone who has the package but not the key can say "hello" to Yngvarr and he'll give them a conversation choice. If you mention the package, he'll secretly clean up your quest data and put you back on track to turn in the package to Thibodeaux. The journal entry may not exactly match the player's experience, but that's because I'm using the old journal(s) with some text tweaks so as to not add extra pieces to the quest. I'm not sure when the fix will go live, but it's in the update pipeline.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.