About star and planets effecting crafting.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Apr 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Carapace may be found spring/summer for sure (would have to test autumn)

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh I wasn’t dismissing his comment. I’m pretty sure he thinks it’s in the crafting system.

Thinking something is working correctly and the system actually working correctly are two entirely different things. Or maybe it is working correctly. Nobody knows.

arcdevil and Illiaro like this.
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Experienced crafting grinder may have this backwards. We might see this as an impediment for those newer to crafting.

But the fact that casual crafters, especially those newer to the game, might eventually … discover this feature …. is makes it special.

The best games have features within features within features that lead one to discover more depth as one becomes more proficient and familiar. This is one of those.

Illiaro likes this.
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The cabalist one made sense, I mean they are tied to it in some way, so it makes sense that their appearance is based on it too. This is something that brings the actual system in place though, so this is true, I had not thought about it!

As for the beetle carapace, I had no clue! This means there are certain weeks that you have a higher rate to find them?! Wow!

And for the reagents tied to night/day, I knew for black Pearl's, but once again, yes, a system is in place for this...

Guess this could be potentially true, but after all this time, no one would have found any actual traces/proof, and anyways this is one of those things that fall into the #JustBzusThings (is it crazy that my phone has that # memorized lol!), so yeah, it's possible, would be great to have some confirmation though, and my trust in Bzus doing things in the past year is down the drain, so I will await confirmation on this, but my gosh is this something REALLY shitty to have implemented with no clue as to its existence for all these years... I mean this has a potential impact on so many of the irritants the community has concerning crafting...

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The beetle carapace rate is something you can observe seasonally though. It’s not like hidden if you look.

6. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

7. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Time to use my Lord British Telescope on top of my house.....

*The stars at night are big and bright.*

8. Illiaro

Illiaro Avatar

The seasons do have an observable effect on gathering. But the celestial models that we were given don't match up to the outside. That makes them useless for a workshop. My take on this is that celestial effects on crafting aren't working or were never implemented.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

From today's Twitch stream:

1:03:17 chemec:
    !question do you plan to reveal details about correlation between astrology and crafting?

At about 1:15:40 Chris answered:
    No. We may at some point, but I don't actually know what it is.
    I know it was important to Richard, but I'm not sure what actually became of it.

Friday stream with Atos covering a variety of topic!
    (Today is actually Wednesday)
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/586656893

arcdevil and Rentier like this.
  10. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

So just to clarify, Richard said Chris knows best and Chris says he doesn't know what it is?

11. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

Honestly it’s scary to think that Chris doesn’t even fully understand the workings of the game he now owns and continues to develop!

arcdevil and bloodydragon like this.
  12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The very fact that no one knows if its in or not ---> its effects are so minor that they aren't worth fussing with.
    I think its potential wasted but, I'd rather they leave it pointless than ramp it up to where it DOES matter if you wait 19 minutes before pressing craft because the last thing SotA needs is more reasons to tab out and do something else while trying to play it.

Black Tortoise and Illiaro like this.
  13. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Also, a friend from a friend's uncle's cousin's grandfather's friend's friend told me that virtue also has an effect and that its not just on crafting, the stars+virtue affect EVERYTHING!

The Hendoman likes this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

[​IMG]

15. Numa

Numa Avatar

Just ask Lord British what the basic principles were behind the crafting & astrology synergy and test. It sounds like it was an least partly coded in but not documented.

Wouldn't be surprised if the dev who did it is long gone.

arcdevil likes this.
  16. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

From today's Twitch stream:

1:08:34 PandoraLLTS: !question
    Will we be keeping Astronomy linked to crafting? More info? Would like some transparancy even if just real time success chance %.

At about 1:09:40 Elgarion said (to Chris):
    I've seen this in the forums a little bit, people chit chatting about it, and I know we're waiting for you to dive into crafting more and learn more of the ins and outs, but there's been talk that astronomy ties into crafting somehow, and I just know that people are hungry for the details.

Chris answered:
    I'll tell you what, that'll be one of the things I look at because I get that question asked pretty much every stream. Now, let me point out, it's probably the exact same guy getting on every single stream, just like I hear "Big Cats" and "Bards" every stream from the same people. But I'll try to look into that early on and find out because I honestly don't know, and that'll be a pretty easy one to know if it's, how it's tied in. While it's kind of cool, it would also be a, I hate the annoying things where we're trying to make it immersive, but really what we do is make it really inconvenient for players. If there's like some aspect of it, you know like if you have to go to like some bad place for a forge or something like that so we're adding some difficulty to it, that's one thing, but if we're just making you wait and wait and wait for something, that can be, that might annoy the crafters a little bit. But again, as we've seen over and over again, many of the players, the more hardcore the more likely they are to hate it, but many of the players hate the stuff you can't tell what's going on, so it just feels buggy. And so we want to make sure, at least give players some exposure to what's going on with that if we have it.

Friday stream with Atos & Elgarion doing some Q&A and Prizes!
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/588557007

Rentier, Anpu, Numa and 2 others like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm pretty certain that this was never actually added to the game. It was talked about by LB, Darkstarr and others but I don't think anything ever came of it. What's really funny to me (and not in a humorous way) is that someone said "hey, how does astronomy affect crafting?" and now everyone, including the devs, think that this is an actual game system even though nobody can provide any details.

Anpu and Lained like this.
  18. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

@Barugon The reason i asked that question last time is what Elrond wrote above. Seems more than just a random question that started chain reaction. I craft pretty often and failing few times in a row with 95% chance is just making me wonder what is going on. That is my first clue since i started playing, instead of the most popular "It's just SOTA math, get used to it".

But during 3 times when i watched Chris streaming I asked that question only once :p Out of my curiosity. Nobody asked me for that. And most certainly I'm not "the exact same guy getting on every single stream" just to spam same question. There may be important system implemented and no details about it, thats where the questions come from i guess, not from some spamming troll that want to make dev's life harder :)

Numa and Barugon like this.
  19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Agreed, until LB claimed it was in the game, I assumed it was something that was planned but never implemented.

20. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Yeah , it's so not in the game. LB frequently was wrong during development.

arcdevil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.