Obsidian chips drop in player dungeons.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by necronut, Apr 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. necronut

necronut Avatar

So the new hotness in making money quickly it seems is to set up a bunch of troll rooms in a player dungeon, lock it down, and hard farm for obsidian chips.

And they drop a lot more than obsidian chips. The loot getting farmed in those player dungeons seems like it might have a chance to throw the economy for a bit of a loop.

Am I missing some details here or am I completely off base?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  2. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

You can obtain that stuff from other scenes also. Would you consider those economy breaking?

Lord Aventine and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

You can setup multiple troll rooms in a dungeon though cant you? So you could have tons of trolls in a dungeon vs some trolls with the highest concentration in ruined keep, I'll admit, I have no clue how dungeons work (but would like to have a run in a troll infested one if someone has a location for me :p)

That is my guess, no real idea.

Dhanas likes this.
  4. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

not seeing a lot of obsidian chips on the market to begin with......and since its one of the ingredients for potions (now that potions are better) and those potions give decent xp, obsidian chips have been creeping up in price for months. So..imo - not economy breaking, since very few crafters are going to pay the prices those hand sanitizer salesmen are putting on them. If they are not selling, they are getting used.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

How? (I've been away from the game for several months.)

Rentier likes this.
  6. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

a little more bang for your buck than what they used to be

Rentier likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The amount that all healing and focus potions restore was doubled. I keep asking for them to increase the duration of the other potions (because I believe that then more people will use them) but they just ignore me.

8. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I don't know about that. Does it matter? You can farm any 'PvP Ruins' scene and get tons of that stuff. Does it matter that avatars create rooms filled with trolls?

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

If people's dungeons are providing a superior amount of them compared to the world, then they should adjust that.

10. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

If it can be identified that people are getting any amount of anything in a dungeon compared to anything else, I'd be surprised.

Cordelayne likes this.
  11. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

I've not farmed dungeons, but ive killed in them (lvl 1/2 troll rooms) There is loot, but its nothing that you cant get in the same qty as the one ruin with torc's. No difference that I can tell (not that ive done multi hours of rinse and repeat tho)

12. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

They surely provide more obsidian chips than any pvp ruins, ad usual in sota risk mean less reward than a safe zone ( like a private dung in basement)

Violet Ronso likes this.
  13. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

Farming chips for money is actually an issue of crafting imbued potion of restoration during the double crafting experience period. This issue also occur when people soloing lich waves. If it makes too much money, they could nerf the experience gained by crafting potion or remove the double crafting experience.

If dungeon loot is dropping too much, they could implement a loot attenuation. Because players can still solo bosses in other scenes and earn much gold than farming in dungeon.

Nerfing dungeon loot is not a fair solution for those who invested for a big dungeon as SOTA only impose a soft cap on dungeon points. They could revise the dungeon point cost for placing multiple spawned dungeon room of same type if they should have some kind of limitation.

14. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

This is only economy breaking if they are selling the chips to the NPCs. No gold is being added to the economy if the chips are being sold to players.

If it is to players, i see no problem from an economy point of view, player economy working. Supply increases, price will drop, only if the player price drops below the NPC price is there a problem.

The solution if this becomes the issue is to just decrease what NPC will buy the chips for.

Regards
    Spung

15. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Risk? All of those people waiting to gank you in the ruins? lol!!

16. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

LOL. Considering how much ruins are empty, risk is near to 0 right now, but yes, someone waiting to gank you is a risk that deserve an higher reward than someone sitting in his own dungeon without risking :)

Violet Ronso and Dinsoo like this.
  17. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Yes, I totally agree. I have hope still :)

Dhanas likes this.
  18. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

The only reason I have spent any time in my level 1 troll room is working some skills and testing new decks. The drops seem much less than anything out in the wild.

So I might assume with higher level totems it would be the same. But you still use regs and potions so the cost would be higher wouldn't it?

vj

19. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Yes, the drop can be very good in Troll dungeon, but don't think it is out of the line with other profitable activities.

20. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

In my level 2 troll room, the trolls literally drop 5 gold and 2-5 obsidian chips. Maybe a troll essence once in a blue moon. So, they dont drop 'alot more' sorry. Trolls in Ruined keep drop a lot more.

Maybe in a higher level troll dungeon they drop more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.