Old Question I know.....but it's been awhile ^_^

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ostvel, Apr 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

The Regular Blessings you can get from towns...

Which ones do you use mostly or situationally and why?

Thanks ^_^

2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Ostvel
    in Port Royal I have all devotionals placed by the town entrance so a quick blessing on your way in or out of town. It is nice to have a Metro size town. In other settings I have devotionals that have a crafting bonus near my crafting stations. Still takes a bigger town but I can swap them out when requested or as I need them. I did not use them before the Siege Bypass was added though.

Visit Port Royal (Boat at Port Titan) for front door Devotionals and will be adding crafting devotionals to Belly of the Snake in Misterndul in a few days.

3. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

Anyone?

4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Int and Str for me.

as well carpentry and alchemy from time to time.

Ostvel likes this.
  5. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

so my big question there would be, have you compared it to the health regen and focus regen one, and do you find the stat ones superior? or simply preference?
    I myself have just been mindlessly not paying attention to any buff but the focus and health regens, is why I ask this of the community if there is a better way or certain situations per se for one over the other? Thanks ^_^

6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

when I started I used the regens and or Adv buff all the time as it helped a lot. but once I got a larger pool of health and focus I got to the point where I did not require those as food and other kept me full longer. Int = regen as well str = more hp too. so in the end those two help me more now at my levels with a little extra hp, crit, regen etc. imo the main stats are probably the better options.

7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

honestly depends on what i am doing.....if i go to fishing tournaments i use the ones for those and so on. But i generally use the same two most times when out harvesting and hunting

Ostvel likes this.
  8. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

Thankye much I had been considering changing up my normal buff go too's and appreciate the feedback ^_^

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I use the Intelligence Buff and the Focus Regen Buff, those are the 2 I use the most, sometimes replacing the Focus Regen for Strength, but vary rarely.

Ostvel likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Focus regen and dodge. For the big 3 day buffs I use dodge and dex.

Ostvel likes this.
  11. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

Talk to me about Dodge? Does it noticably seem to help? I focus as much as I can on evasion depending on the deck I'm using, but haven't much on Dodge I think

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Dodge is a huge factor in my character's survivability. If you dodge then you take zero damage and it works against a lot of magic.

Ostvel and Violet Ronso like this.
  13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

If you use light armor, dodge is probably the best thing out of all the possible options for light armor users. Like Barugon said, if you dodge, you take ZERO damage, that is huge, even better than avoidance or anything else. the +5 from the devotional, and + whatever it is from the 3 day blessing is great as well. And if you ask yourself "Is the +5 better than 1.5 regen or anything else" remember that those +5 points of dodge can mean a lot in terms of getting the right rolls, and taking 0 damage instead of recovering more. Dodge > Regen.

Ostvel likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I also use Shield of Air, so I'm not sure about the efficacy of that health regen. However, I can say how satisfying that "Dodged" message is. :)

Violet Ronso and Ostvel like this.
  15. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

That's interesting. Is it better to get dodge bless instead of -10str/+30dex bless for light armor user? 2nd bless i use is durability boost, so only one left to pick, which was the dex bless. But now you made me wonder :p

Ostvel likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I get both.

Ostvel likes this.
  17. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

@Barugon That's not the option for me, i need as much durability boost as i can get. Let me rephrase my question. Will 30 dexterity give me more, than dodge, in your opinion? I guess there is some dodging included in dexterity too, right?

Ostvel likes this.
  18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I would consider DeX to be better. DeX affects dodge, crit chance, and many other things, meanwhile dodge only helps dodge, so you will gain more from the 30 points in dexterity than you would from the 5 in dodge. If you have to chose 1, I would say dex.

Ostvel and Chemeck like this.
  19. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

For the regular devotionals, I basically use the regen ones any time I'm playing something/somewhere that makes them useful. Otherwise I go with whatever boosts damage. For example, if solo melee, both health and focus regen are really good because you're pretty much constantly taking damage and spending focus. If using air shield or kiting or in a group and not taking much damage, health regen doesn't make much sense, so stats for more damage makes more sense.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Violet Ronso and Ostvel like this.
  20. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

I use the dex and focus regen

Ostvel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.