Old Question I know.....but it's been awhile ^_^

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ostvel, Apr 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━━┻

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Just for a little more information, I use all indestructible gear (including the shroud, bonesteel crown, heart of sorrows and a harp of invigoration) as much as I can and only switch to crafted gear when what I'm doing is beyond my capabilities in the indestructible gear. I've never tested to see which buff provides more benefit as I always get both anyway. Also, I craft my own gear.

4. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

Thank you all, this is great information! ^_^

5. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

So looking things up on wiki I see that damage avoidances main role seems to be your Chance to dodge, ie higher more chance to dodge. However in trying to look up dodge all I get is dht glyph skill instead of what the stat actually does ^_^ . so the reason I bring this up is.....if I have natural with no boost 27 avoidance and I get the 3 day boost for dodge (which is +20 dodge/-20 avoidance) I would now have only a 7% chance to dodge..........is that really better? or placebo effect, or are you using other things that counter that -20 avoidance? (long story short, dodge blessing ups dodge effect, but lowers chance to actually dodge according to wording?)

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Avoidance is separate from dodge and, given all negatives, is clipped at zero (meaning that it can never go below zero). My natural avoidance would be very close to zero anyway, so that -20 is not even worth noting.

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Basically the higher your dodge (which can come from gear, skills and buffs), the higher your change to dodge a hit. Avoidance is mostly used for glancing blows, but can play a part in dodge (That part is actually unknown, because sota math). If avoidance does play a role in dodging, it will, but not at 1 for 1 like actual dodge does, so once again, dodge would be better at this point.

Ostvel likes this.
  8. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

Also has anyone tried to bring others that have the quest to loot the twin trolls for the dodge skill, and does everyone get a chance to loot the quest rewards from them, or do you have to kill them again for each person brought along? ie is it a solo idea only, I ask because I usually announce I'm opening the other blessings so others can just wait at whatever last door and get it if they want ^_^

9. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

Thankye much for the helpful input! ^_^

Violet Ronso likes this.
  10. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

No, only the person that loots the trolls gets the quest items, i hope that this will change someday.

Ostvel likes this.
  11. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

what I forgot was that others could just come to the house when you activate it. heh

Athanil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.