[Moved to the Wiki] The List of Once A Day Quests

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Anpu, Dec 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Please see this wiki page where I will be adding all quest tasks here: https://sotawiki.net/sota/Daily_Quests

THIS THREAD WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED. SEE THE ABOVE WIKI LINK FOR UPDATED INFORMATION.

I will not be updating this thread anymore and someone else will have to do this. I won't be adding anymore quests to this guide until I am able to 100% verify and confirm various quests are working and the way they are working. I have no way to check, confirm and verify higher level quests and how the work.

This list is current as of Release 88. These are listed by Difficulty.

I wanted to provide this information to people, as many people are not aware of the several quests that can be done, once daily. These quests can be done once, every 24 earth hours*. I will only be listing quests here that are set to a once a day. The XP and gold provided from these, may or may not be worth your time, but I will let you evaluate that for yourself....

Once you have finished any of these quests, one time, while you are on the Overland Map, a Blue Marker will be present in any of these areas where you now can repeat this quest, if they are available for you to repeat them.

Of note, doing quests gives you both Adventure and Crafting XP.

Please feel free to make any comments or suggestions for this post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The List of Daily Quests

Speak to the Oracle

While not an actual "Quest" I will list it here, as for New Players, this is something you should do. It will be very helpful for you. I have a quick detailed guide on this here: Player Basics - Speaking to the Oracle Daily. This can be done once a day.

Daily Extortion Quest

Head to the town of Broocash and go to the docks. You will see a NPC named "Street Scholar". Speak to him to start this quest.
    Click the help keyword
    He will then give you the name of 1 of 2 different people (it is random).
    Click name of person he says.
    Click "I'll scare the gold out of him."

Retrieve 5 Paintings
    Caravaggios Wolf, a Reputable Art Dealer or Stephanie Broadmeadow, a Shady Art Dealer, both located in Ardoris, will offer you a quest daily to give them 5 different pieces of art, you can find as drops from various humanoid creatures. Choose which one you want to give art to, depending on your own Avatars virtue..... These can be done once a day.

They both can be found directly west of the Public Vendor, Deng Zhou, in Ardoris.

The 5 different paintings needed for this quest can, on occasion, be found as drops from humanoid(?) creatures. These can be difficult to find all 5.

Give Dead Body to Davropos

Give Burial Coffin to Shimzu

Retrieve a Rune Bag

To be able to even find these Rune Bags as a drop, you MUST start the quest from Sigrunn at the docks of Noreach. You will NEVER be able to find these Rune Bag's as drops until you start Sigrunn's quest. So finish this quest first and then you can proceed to do this daily.

Once you have finished Sigrunn's quest, once a day*, go to South Boundless Forest and kill the various Barbarians there. Eventually a Boundless Forest Rune Bag quest item will drop from a Barbarian. You can only have 1 of these on your character at a time.

Go to Yew and speak to Pendro. Click on the rune bag keyword and give him the Boundless Forest Rune Bag.

You many need to kill between 1 and 27 Dyr Barbarians before this item drops.

Recover or Use Duplicate key(s)

Speak to Captian Marisha in Lord British's Castle (Invasion) scene and manually type the word key to receive this quest. Once completed (you can turn in 1, 2 or 3 keys, you don't have to find all 3), you can return once a day and find more keys and turn them into her.

Retrieve the 5 Love Letters

Head to the Necropolis Barrens and go to the West Entrance. You will see an NPC named Hyun there. Speak to him.

If this is your first time doing this quest for him, you can complete the quest and then do the quest one more time. After that, return to him and you can help him again daily.

4 of the letters can be found on the ground throughout the area with the Imp's and Ghosts. These are:
    Love Letter from a Child
    Love Letter from a Fiance
    Love Letter from a Soldier
    Love Letter from a Young Romantic

You can have multiple copies of these letters on your character. Occasionally an Imp will also drop one of these letters as well. They are easier to find from the ground though.

The Imp's in the area will drop the final 5th letter. This is the Love Letter from a Forlorn Wife. You can only have 1 of these on your character at a time.

You may need to kill between 1 and 27 Admiring Imp's before the Love Letter from a Forlorn Wife will drop.

Troll Toenails

Tarian in Tenebris Harbor will give you a quest to find the Left Troll Toenail and Right Troll Toenail. You must receive this quest from him first to be able to find the Left Troll Toenail and Right Troll Toenail. You will never be able to find these items unless you have been given this quest. You can only have 1 of each of these quest items on a Character at a time.

Both Toenails can be found by killing the 2 Twin Trolls in the NEW Trolls Bridge scene located by a pass in the mountain area South East of the Sawtooth Thicket near the town of Etceter.

This quest can only be done once per day.

Find the Beast's Lair

Search for Missing Bone

Spirit Wheel

After you have finished the Missing Bone quest, speaking to any one of the various Guards will give you a daily quest you can do involving the Spirit Wheels. Speak to any guard, after you have finished the Missing Bone quest, and they will ask you for your help.
    This area is only available to players with Chapter 2 Access.

Get Dragon Tooth
    Go to Ulfheim and at the default entrance is the NPC Kaiser. Speak to him to get his quest for the first time. Once you have finished his quest, you can return to him once daily and return a dragon tooth to him.

Collect Arcane Catalyst

Bag of Runestones
    Speak to the Shaman Elder Bodil in Tanglemire. Manually type the help keyword in the dialogue window. Click on the bag of runestones and I'll help retrieve them for you keywords. You will receive the Get Bag of Runestones task and journal entry.

Speak to Skarde in Spindelskog. Manually type bag of runestones in the dialogue window. Click on the Spindelskog Runestone and Yes, if I find one keywords. You will now need to find a Spindelskog Runestone in Spindelskog. Once you have found one, return to Skarde and give that to them. Click the bag of runestones keyword and he will give you that. Return back to Bodil. Give him the bag of runestones for a reward.

You can return to Skarde once a day and get a Bag of Runestones and give those to Bodhil once a day, after finishing his Spindelskog Runestone quest.

Spindelskog Runestone
    You can find and return a Spindelskog Runestone once a day to Skarde for a reward. See post above how to start this, or you can just go in the Spindelskog scene and try to find a Spindelskog Runestone and return it to him.

Recover 3 Encoded Cards
    Speak to Captian Marisha in Lord British's Castle (Invasion) scene to receive this quest. Once completed you can return once a day and get another set of all 3 encoded cards. Of note, you will need to find all 3 encoded cards to turn in this quest.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Repeatable Quests
    Along with the above once a day quests, there are also several other quests that you can repeat as many times as you wish!

Outskirts Areas

Solace Bridge Outskirts
    Find a Solace Bridge Outskirts Heirloom and give them to Corporal Heloise or Hartley for a reward, depending on who you feel you should give these to.

Blood River Outskirts
    Find a Blood River Outskirts Heirloom and give them to Vinicius for a reward.

Highvale outskirts
    Find an Elven Herbal Tea Leave and give them to Esmeralda for a reward. You will need to first get her Get Tea Leaves quest to be able to even find these.

Find a Special Animal Hide and hand them in to Sven the Hunter.

Roving Encounters
    Roving Encounters are the various creatures you can encounter on the Overland Map. When entering these various scenes, you can eliminate all (or some) of the creatures within them to trigger a Wave Battle. This Wave Battle usually consists of various higher level creatures.

If you are able to defeat all the creatures in this wave battle, you will then have a chance of a special NPC that might appear in the scene. They do not always appear.

The Ecology Researcher, Bounty Hunter and Pilgrim's that might appear, will give you a quest item you can then turn into other NPC's for a reward when you speak to them.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *The Once Daily flag is reset around 7PM Central Standard Time. I'm not 100% sure that is the exact time though. But once that flag is reset, you then can do these quests again, one more time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bugs:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Updates:
    12/14/19 Added OP
    4/23/2020 Updated Rune Bag Quest R76 Patch 1182
    7/7/20 Added Troll Toenails and Retrieve 5 Paintings as of Release 79.
    7/19/20 added the daily Outskirts quests.
    7/22/20 added Hartley option and Speak to the Oracle section.
    8/10/20 Added new section Other Quest Related Activities
    8/27/20 added Search for Missing Bone
    10/1/20 added Lord British's Castle quests and edited the Troll Toenail entry with the new scene.
    02/27/21 Added the Bag of Runestones and Skindelskog Runestone quests.
    03/28/2021 Davropos quest
    04/272021 No longer maintaining or updating this thread. This information is old.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  2. Toular

Toular Avatar

Nice. Just completed the rune bag quest and the love letters. A dragon tooth is a bit beyond my capabilities at this time. Did the extortion quest a long time ago - I took the "no virtue hit" route.

3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

1. Go find a siege encounter.
    2. Talk to a scout - near the entrances to get the quest.
    3. Fight the siege engineers there to collect enough arcane catalyst - 18.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  4. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I guess the repeatable random encounter quests should be added to the list too.
    After fighting the last wave in a random encounter there is a chance that an NPC appears. Either a merchant or one of three NPCs who are offering a quest.

Ecology
    Delivering a certificate of attendance to one of the by the NPC mentioned Magic Shops. E.g. Britany Estates the magic shop southwest of the north-gate
    At the shops merchant you have to answer 3 questions about the ecology of the scene.
    Just as a hint you have to click the keyword "question" to continue. The NPC is not automatically continuing after you answered the first question.
    I think 4000xp and 200 gold is the reward

or

Headhunter
    Delivering the bounty slip to one of the by the NPC mentioned Headhunter offices. E.g. Britany Estates south of the west-gate
    You are asked if you did it alone or in a group to split the reward or keep it just for yourself.
    I think 4000xp and 200 gold is the solo-reward

or

Pilgrim
    Delivering the membership card to one of the by the NPC mentioned pilgrims. E.g. Brookside at the harbor
    I think 4000xp and 200 gold is the reward

As far as I know you can do these quest multiple times a day and you can have all three quests simultaneously active but you have to finish e.g. the headhunter quest before you can get another headhunter quest item.

Rentier, Graemalkyn, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The siege quest pays good exp and gold. Turn in 18 arcane catalyst a day. You can collect 18 per pass through, or 17 if you want to avoid an encounter with a cabalist.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

As stated specifically in this guide, I'm only going to list quests that can be done once a day (in general). The specific quests, from doing Roving (Overland) Encounters can be done at any time endlessly (as long as a random NPC does appear, once you clear the wave battles). Those are not once a day. But that is some good information to know (if a person didn't know that). :)

I will however probably put that in a separate guide, a list of repeatable quests. As well as any others.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's a pretty short list and some are subject to minuscule chance. Disappointing.

Mal Hari and Anpu like this.
  8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Here's another list I have... perhaps you can add from it. This was provided to me by @kaeshiva

Rung Bag
    Troll Toenails
    Prayer Card
    Survey Ticket
    Bounty Slip
    Arcane Catalyst
    Oracle
    Love Letters
    Undelivered Letter
    Package/Note (Broochash)
    Dragon Tooth

Mal Hari, Sole, Rentier and 2 others like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The Prayer Card, Bounty Slip and Survey Ticket are repeatable quests. The are not daily quests. I just haven’t gotten around to doing that guide yet (overland encounters).

This specific thread is for once a day quests.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, about the dragon tooth quest: once you have the quest, what is the chance of getting a dragon tooth? Do you just automatically get one for killing a dragon or is it a 1 in 1000 chance?

Mal Hari likes this.
  11. Tristano Sforza

Tristano Sforza Avatar

you always get one from dragon and one from Blodigmun (a named mob who spawns when cathedral wall collapses) if you don’t want to kill the dragon

Mal Hari, Sole, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is it only from the dragon in Ufheim or any dragon?

Mal Hari likes this.
  13. Tristano Sforza

Tristano Sforza Avatar

only in ulfheim

Mal Hari and Barugon like this.
  14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

It is also only 2 drops per run, so in a group, you will have to take turns doing the looting, as you only get enough for two people at a time.

15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Of note, with 10x Quest XP these are probably worth your time now to do for now.

No idea when/if that will be removed though.

Mal Hari and Barugon like this.
  16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Mal Hari and Anpu like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm hoping that the bugs are worked out and it stays.

Mal Hari likes this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have to say that, even though there's a limited number of them, doing the dailies is much more fun than solo grinding.

19. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

We should get this list into our Customisable NPC's! Maybe create a standard where this information can be found in any good local Tavern/Town Hall?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Mal Hari and Rentier like this.
  20. Royou

Royou Avatar

@Anpu are you sure that the rune bag is repeatable and not daily? I've been told it's only a daily, and as I do not want to get banned for using an exploit! would be nice to have it confirmed that it's repeatable.

*edit*
    I've just tried to hand the bag in, did it earlier today, so thought I would test it, the NPC says that he does not need another of those today, but will reward you if you bring him one tomorrow, so it would seem that it is infact a daily.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    Mal Hari and craftymethod like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.