Resetting Quest Line

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mhtic, Apr 19, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

Hello Everyone. I have been looking everywhere for that cogwheel to reset the quest line.

I remember resetting it 2yrs+ ago to test out the ''improved'' quest line, but I cannot find any new cogwheels.

I don't mind not going through the quests again, but that crafting xp is so hard to get it makes it worthwhile... Maybe those who has completed the quest line could get their missing xp, or a new quest line reset?

Hazard and OzzyOsbourne like this.
  2. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Hi Mhtic,
    By the sounds of your post you have already reset your quests once on that character.
    You can only reset once per character.
    The cog wheel thing is normally on the resume / world map buttons.
    Chris did mention he was going to increase that but no eta or details.

cheers.

OzzyOsbourne, Anpu and Mhtic like this.
  3. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Chris said that he gave everyone 1 more reset and I cannot find it...

Mhtic likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Where did you hear this information?

OzzyOsbourne and Violet Ronso like this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I remember hearing he would think about giving 1 more, never heard any confirmation, but I do hope he gives it to us!

OzzyOsbourne and Mhtic like this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Far as I know there was only the 1 time ever no 2nd every added. mind you I have not checked lol.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There’s been no additional quest resets added yet. Currently you have your one time one and that’s it for now.

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Yeah I know, but last week or so he did mention looking into maybe giving us one more, for those who have already used theirs, especially with the 10x which people who have already used it will be upset not getting. It's not something official, it is only one of Chris's thinking out loud moments

Mhtic and OzzyOsbourne like this.
  9. Asbury Baker

Asbury Baker Avatar

Wasn't the purpose of that quest reset to address the state errors preventing characters from finishing the game? Any player who reset the quests is out 20-40 million producer XP. It appears that a new toon will net more producer XP than all but the most avid producers (level 89/90) in the game, Those long-time players might as well make new producer toons to catch up to new players, and make one account per crafting tree as well.

Mhtic and Violet Ronso like this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I have not yet come across any quest that would not finish, though my character is from when the game was released.

Older accounts probably have stuck blue markers. Those are not quests. But if they still have the one time quest reset, they can use that to reset all the quests and any stuck blue markers.

And doing the quests now with 10x Quest XP is definitely worth doing now.

Elgarion likes this.
  11. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I don't have it either. I also don't seem to have the 40+ million experience I'd have if I had put off doing the quests and done them this week, using the reset and doing them again.

I'm really glad that I used my quest reset and struggled through the buggy, glitchy, broken main questline to help test the game when they did the reset at launch instead of sitting on it for two years to roll in a profit.

I don't really want to do the main questline again. Watching my husband struggle through it today (April 2020..) its still full of broken waypoints, nonresponsive npcs, glitches, bugs, disappearing journal entries, and twice now he's ended up with no journal entry at all only using my knowledege of having shoehorned my way through this quest and helped countless others through it to troubleshoot what he should do next. Yes, you can ultimately get it done, which I suppose is improvement from 2018, but its still a horrible experience. So no, I don't really want to do it again.

But with that significant of an exp increase, you think they'd award something to those who already completed it (twice) and can never do so again.

I have an alt I don't play often who has done that quest twice, again using the reset in early days in order to help test, and if she had the exp you'd get for doing it now? It is more exp than her entire accumulated pools for the last two years.

This is pretty ridiculous, I'd really expect to either have it unlocked so I can do it again, or be able to talk to the finishing NPC and get at least a piece of the reward - they've used that methodology to add rewards that were grandfatherer'd in after the fact, so there is precedent.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m going through the main quest and not seeing these broken waypoints, glitches or unresponsive NPC’s? Through I’m still in the early parts. I have finished it once before.

13. Asbury Baker

Asbury Baker Avatar

I ran through a few on an alt and found a few today. None are show stoppers encountered before, when I used a quest reset. /stuck spot at the boss geisseltern. Seems to be a quest state error - XP was granted for turning in geist heads, but the checkbox was still on the menu. The barriers were down on entry, but I could not leave the geisseltern room save teleport or /stuck (exit barriers still up). Other state errors in displaying quest items that are completed, but I haven't prevented any which prevent completion of quests.

14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the exit for that is not through the barriers, it's the same way you came in: a mirror on the floor in the hallway.

Anpu and Paladin Michael like this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh. Highvale Outskirts. That area is a buggy mess.

None of the outskirts are tied to the main quest though. They do lead you to the areas you need to go to though.

16. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Unfortunately, players who tested that way you describe, haven't got a real kind of recognition. Even the special items were raffled.
    Compared to the fact, that people got 10,000 Crowns just for streaming a few hours, with no remarkable positive effect for the game, it is sad.
    Instead of investing hundreds of test hours we should have done 10% of our time streaming while online - and we would have received more recognition.
    [And, of course, more xp for not being on QA ;)]

Yes, people who finished the questlines before, should have a possibility to participate, too.

Well, I suppose, that's life ;)

So I am looking forward to what was promised about Quests and Journal for Episode 2 ...
    Hopefully, a few quests will start soon for having a good reason to visit QA.

Mhtic, Violet Ronso and kaeshiva like this.
  17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Most of the time you run into trouble with quests its because situations in which the player does not do exactly as expected can result in a glitchy state.
    If you follow them exactly as intended, you can usually get through without mishap - the problem is they don't cope well with deviations, at all.

Just from today watching Scoffer do it, several times we had to result to "keyword spam" on NPCs we 'knew' were involved but had no prompt to go to because the journal entries disappeared entirely (particularly in early path of love Ardoris steps.). He also managed to get into a state where both spirit talkers were 'hired' but neither of them would actually go with him. If you tried to hire him, he'd say he's already in your service - and when he went to necropolis, guy wouldn't go with him. At some points he had the same journal entry 2 or even 3 times (Enter the Necropolis showed up twice, and talk to Siranto showed up three times. He got a journal entry to talk to Yama after he'd already talked to Yama, because he knew he needed to talk to Yama and Yama was stood right there in the tavern in spite waving his arms around even though nobody said to talk to him - (this happened a few other places as well), but fortunately most of these erroneous log entries do clear up on relog, or shall I say, crash. He had no less than 4 full unity crash game meltdowns in the course of the quest, probably due to the 80+ load screens involved to get through it. In the truth path he was told to talk to the harbormaster and book passage, but talking to the harbormaster he immediately opened the trade interface asking for a black iron ore, which nobody's mentioned or asked him to go get. We had to "know" to go find the tavern lady who asks for it as journal never referred to it. Throughout this, waypoints for finished steps continued to blink brightly on the compass and often there were no indicators at all for current steps. On the path of courage, his quest said to go talk to Grannus, Grannus asked him a yes or no question and regardless of which answer he typed, npc said the same thing (I dont know what you're speaking of) and closed window until he did the kitchen sink keyword attack since obviously answering yes to a yes or no question was not what the dialog box wanted him to do despite how it appeared. Then there's the whole raft of leftover quest items that don't disappear (like the diplomatic notes ...I have two of these, they don't even have a destroy option). I think our favorite part was not having a way point of any sort to find Samael in Brookside, which in its eternal foggyness is impossible to navigate at the best of times. Had to resort to finding someone's old bug report with the /loc.

That's just broken stuff. Then there's just awkward/annoying/stupid stuff, like having to stand for 25 minutes at the top of the hill in Sequanna Colossus waiting for a shadow to be in a particular place (real fun if you play with shadows off to prevent lag) (fortunately, we knew what time to go there. Unfortunately, game decided to crash 30 seconds before and by time he loaded back in, he'd missed it. Hurray for that.). Then of course, NPCs going to bed and being unavailable (yay npc schedules) caused a few outbursts.

So yes, the quests are -functional- you can get it done, and if you're following a step by step guide that's up to date with all the changes and additions they've thrown in over the years, you can successfully complete it. I haven't heard of anyone getting 'completely stuck' - only appearing completely stuck (ie, no journal entries, not sure where to go) but usually I can give them a list of names of npcs / keywords to try to get them back on track. If you're trying to do it organically, by actually reading and following the instructions - not so much, because if you deviate even slightly it just breaks. Unfortunately this causes bad habits which exacerbate it further, ie using the keyword indicators below the npc window to activate bits of the quest that you actually haven't been told to yet because you've resorted to spam-clicking (as with Min in Ardoris) - he had the spirit talker journal entry before he was told to go to shuttered eye, which was out of sequence, and so on.

At the end of it all, despite the absolutely absurd amount of experience that it gives with 10x and double (producer wise, its nuts!) Scoffer said to me that if there is ever a 'next time' I should log on his char and do the quests, and he would log on my character and MINE me the 25 million producer exp just to not have to ever, ever do it again.

18. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

An indication of the day I've had after i reset, just to go through this one "get the lens" step....

I'm in Sequanna, someone said to climb onto the top of those floating rocks and run across the bridges to find the altar.
    I climb up and run around for 20 minutes but can't find an altar.
    Turns out I'd climbed up the completely wrong bit and these 4 floating rock things with bridges don't link to the OTHER floating rocks that I need.
    For this i need the east entrance, that bit of crumbling wall here which is in no way indicating a path, i need to climb that.
    Fine, i climb up and stand on a big stone circle which is apparently an elevator.
    I can't find the switch for the elevator.
    Oh that big stupid looking slightly pointed rock is apparently a switch so i push that and the elevator goes up.
    Great!
    I'm at the top, I run around and across the bridges while the air elementals try to gust me back down to my death.
    i found the altar (which looks like a blue glowing penis) and there is a guy next to it. Says he the oracle servitor so i talk to him.
    he says he will do bad things to me, do I want to do it?
    Sure, might as well since i'm here.
    3 random skills (banish undead, offhand attack and sympathy of stone) drop from 120 to 119 but hey, I got the quest done right?
    Recall out because there doesn't appear to be any safe way off this floating rock.
    Crash when trying to zone.
    Relaunch game.
    Start on world map
    Randomly ask why i lost the xp for the quest and it turns out that isn't the quest, thats for some "other" quest and he just happens to be in the same spot that took me 40 minutes to find.
    Find my way back up to the random broken wall that i have to bunny hop up while all the skeleton archers are shooting me in the ass.
    Question why I ever decided to play a melee toon as I have no way to get rid of them.
    Click slightly pointed rock again to use elevator and run across bridges avoiding the gusting elementals.
    Finally get back to the blue shiny penis altar.
    Can't click the altar, ask someone why and its because its just after midnight and you can only click it during Midday.
    Check when midday is going to be and apparently I have to stand here for 25 minutes.
    Can't be bothered waiting so i go do one of the ruins which takes me 15 minutes.
    Climb back up the stupid wall, click the stupid elevator rock, run bridges, find the blue penis.
    Yell with excitement in guild chat that I made it with 3 minutes to spare but can't understand what they mean about a shadow.
    Someone tells me to enable shadows in my settings.
    I turn it from "None" to "Medium" for shadows so i can see the thing move.
    Game freezes for 6 minutes before crashing to desktop.
    Log back in
    Can now see the shadow and the quest makes sense now, wait until the blue penis is under the shadow!
    but now the shadow is already passed the altar and I missed it.
    Now I have to wait an hour?
    Go do another ruins while I wait.
    Complain about stupid wait for an hour mechanic because of the shadow.
    Guild member says he randomly saw on a forum thread some other guy telling someone else it also works at midnight...maybe...its untested but supposed to work. No one can confirm but it should....
    climb stuipid wall, curse at skeleton archers while they shoot me in the face, click rock, run bridge, find blue penis
    wait until midnight.
    Spam click the altar
    after approximately 1257634 clicks i got my lens. Apparently I had to wait until 3 minutes past the hour before i could click it. Its midnight and there is no shadow but this works apparently?
    Ok, great.
    1 Lens down.
    2 more to go.

so technically...yes, the quests do work.

19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

20. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.