1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Can't collect lens

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by AoiBlue, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

04/23/2020 22:32
    Title:I can't collect the Xanthous lens
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker? Yes, prevents completion of primary quest
    Details: It does not let me collect the Xanthous lens when the shadow aligns, like it should
    Steps to Reproduce: Go to the Xanthos Lens and try to collect it when the shadow aligns like it should. (It may be my account specifically that is glitched.) The bugrep was taken at the appropriate time so you can check if the shadow is casting wrong.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16009
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics (POLARIS10, DRM 3.33.0, 5.3.0-46-generic, LLVM 10.0.0) GPU RAM: 7991
    SotA.Linux.64.1182.Date.04.21.20
    Area: Novia_R4_POI_SequanaColossus
    Area Display Name: Sequanna Colossus
    Loc: (33.6, 133.0, -40.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfUE9JX1NlcXVhbmFDb2xvc3N1c3x8KDMzLjYwNywgMTMzLjAzOSwgLTQwLjA0Mil8KDAsIC0wLjUwMiwgMCwgMC44NjUpfDEwMDkuMTg4fDU0LjAzNDg1fDUuMjQzMTg0

2. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I was able to collect it last night when the shadow aligned. Initially I was there and other players had already collected it, I changed to s private instance and missed the next interval, but when I waited for the next time to come around I was able to get it.
    Waldo Ptolomy

3. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

So basically you wound up waiting an hour.

This is hardly something I find reasonable. They really need to do something about the quest.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

both the sun and the moon cast shadows.

Anpu and liz_the_wiz like this.
  5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Waiting is not a bad thing... and consider Alley Oops point, but, you dont have to just sit there, you can kill stuff and so on

6. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

There isn't (enough) stuff to kill up there. That's the problem. It takes several minutes to get up there. What stuff there is to kill is in aggro range as well, which can prove a problem and make you miss the window.

Anyhow, I think that at the very least there should be a larger window, of about 5-10 minutes to get it, going over the full period when the small platform that the shrine sits on is intersecting with any part of the shadow.

As a note, I did finally get it.

I noticed the window to grab it was running a little early according to the shadow as well. This is an issue as well.

Edit: added note about the little stuff there is to kill up there.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.