Trollnails

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Apr 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

Some people are busy on repeating this quest today for the easy 160k exp. Hope they may roll back the exploited experience.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah, but sadly, probably wont happen.

I think the key to preventing people quest-spamming in this manner is to address the crux of the issue - producer XP acquisition.

Its really sad that a fresh character doing all the low level and main quests and then resetting, and doing it again, in 1 day, can already get more producer experience than early players got in over a year, without crafting a single thing.

Doing completely un-crafting related quests on a loop being the fastest (by a large margin) way to level crafting skills is, well, stupid.

Now, if we had CRAFTING quests, or work orders, or something, then that'd be different, but I don't really see how my ability to find a rune bag or swat a troll around is going to help me become a better cook. Its pretty frustrating as a crafter who has spent years collecting and making stuff to level,making things for 100 xp a piece for hours and hours (and days and months...) to see WHAM here you go, here's a million. Its worse knowing that if I don't get on board and do the same crap, I'll get left in the dust. I don't mind having to do it once a day, but this repeatability crap needs to be fixed.

3. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I would not have a problem if they put a three day limit on this. It does give you a three day buff after all - and I'm too busy adventuring to bother going back until it runs out. And it would help control the crowds.

Dollar Bill likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I hope they treat exploiters reasonably. I've turned in the quest a couple times each yesterday and today, but I wasn't doing it for the xp, I was trying to get the blessing.

Did not succeed. I can mention toenails, and he tells me he doesn't have the money. Exit convo, talk to him again, say toenails again, get turn-in window. Turn in toenails, get XP and gold. No blessing. Rinse, repeat.

Interestingly, I have to always talk to him, exit the convo, then talk again to get the turn-in. Even if I just turned it in. (I know you're not supposed to be able to turn it in again right away, my point is that the bug isn't that I have to exit the convo once and then the toenails keyword works continuously, but that I have to say it, exit, and say it again every time. Which I only mention in the event the information is helpful to @Sannio.)

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Anyone able to get the buff since today's patch?

[edit] Yay, it works! :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    Sannio and Anpu like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It does!

Sannio likes this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Can you still turn in toenails repeatedly?

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

No.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

cool. Just tried several times and ways to try and turn this in a second time. I could not.

The blessing did show up the first time I returned the toenails.

Sannio, Elgarion and Barugon like this.
  10. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

I just went to turn in the toenails. Unfortunately i got interrupted by a Fire Elemental. The conversation closed when i got damage and
    automatically went into combat. And after i defeated the Fire Elemental i could not turn in the toenails or finish the quest. I think the
    Quest only should be counted as finished for the day after you receive the rewards/xp.

Tarian: If'n ye have more troll twin toenails tomorrow, I can offer a *hic!* ...meager reward for your help. But only once a day! I ain't made made o' money!

Edit: I left the Scene, waited a minute and went back in. Second try was successful

Anpu, Barugon and Sannio like this.
  11. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the update! I'm glad it's working properly!

Anpu and Barugon like this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

FYI @Botocks there’s a back door into the building where you can avoid combat. Also the other (not default) entrance is closer to the house.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Use the northwest entrance to the town and you can go directly to the back door of the house without any encounters.

Anpu likes this.
  14. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

Thanks @Anpu and @Barugon ! I entered the Scene via the Northwest Entrance but ran into the house through the front door.
    Didn't even recognize the enemies up until they attacked me. Next time i enter the house via the back door.

Barugon likes this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

And now that we've brought attention to it, they'll probably remove the back door.

Anpu and Botocks like this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's broken again. :( Can't turn in the trollnails.

17. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

And add this to the situation, yesterday I was able to turn it in twice. I'll try again today and let this thread know.

Also, other 'dailies' were able to be done again as well. I did the arcane catalysts again, for example. For reference, I did the dailies around 11am and then again at around 4pm or so.

YAY bugs! :D

Perhaps the dailies are tied to 12:00, AM and PM lol... who knows...

Barugon likes this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They're all tied to midnight GMT.

Fister Magee likes this.
  19. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Well, I just tried to do the Arcane Catalysts, and he won't take em for now. So not sure what happened yesterday? Off to try the toenails a few times then....

20. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

GMT? Hmmm... well I better check my logs (I was estimating my times of quest turn-ins). But for the record, I cannot do the toenails quest either. So my dailies are done until 12GMT I guess? [heads to the time conversion googler]
    So no bug on my end, just user error or something.

EDIT: 12AM or PM GMT? I guess, noon or midnight GMT is easier to tell me lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.