Pvp Que...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhunon, Feb 26, 2020.

?

Would you use the PVP Que

1. Yes.

32 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. No.

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Waste of resources.

23 vote(s)
    37.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I usually die when I PVP but......I love doing PVP. The reason is because when fighting a monster in the game you can begin to learn how they move and eventually win most of the time. However, in PVP it is completely different.....one gets to fight against a human brain or Avatars brain to be more exact. This brain thinks, plans and reacts differently each time which is what makes it exciting and fun.

The reason for a Queque system is not so we can sit around and do nothing to wait on another person to come along to fight with but it is so we will have the opportunity to fight against another one similar to OUR ability in PVP. When learning anything at all you must start from where you are not from where you will be in a year. There is no Golf pro, no Tennis pro, no Football pro , no little league or big league anything that became a pro the very first time he picked up a tennis racket or baseball or golf ball. There is no swimmer or track person or pianist or any kind of anything that was exceptional and needed no further training the first time he tried something. The PVP Queque will match you with another so that in the doing of the fighting over and over you will progress to maybe even become a great fighter. You may not become a great fighter but by doing it over and over you will find fun ....because you had a goal to learn to PVP and you did!

The Queque system does not stop there that is only part of the equation. You soon have brackets that will pair you with others of your ability just like Tennis or Football or Swimming. Soon there will be compitions for the winners to then make progress and move to the next bracket until one day you may become the winner of that bracket. By keeping a permanent leaderboard you will be able to see you progress as you grow into a PVP person. You will be able to win points and prizes and feel your heart swell in your chest as you can know you accomplished your goal.

The perfect goal is not to win against the ones on the very top, The goal may be to do that but the primary goal is to become a PVP fighter that does not die every time he fights but sometimes you win...always having fun.

Keep you eyes on the goal and run toward it!

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I mean, it is hard to have more PvP players in the game when the PvP elites don't even want to participate in dev organized events, and publicly announce that they WILL come during the even, unregistered, to make sure people who want to try and make the event happen and be fun will have a bad time. Some people come to PvP events and Anhk camp, some come to simply ruin it. Meanwhile, almost every PvP who speak up on the forums only have negative things to say about PvP, so why would anyone in their right mind be interested in joining in, if it seems to be the most atrocious thing any game has possibly made.

1 thing is sure, Chris needs to give PvP some attention, ask Dhanas, Ozzy, Anthrax, and all the others what needs to be fixed, that is 100% sure, but they need to actually join in on the discussion and not have it turn into a 1 sided yelling rant about how every single system surrounding PvP is trash, things need to change, @Chris has to step up, but the others need to be civil once it happens.

Googolplex owns you likes this.
  3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I don't want to be rude but not sure what you didn't understand. First of all what @OzzyOsbourne announced to do is simply what you and Elgarion asked
    If there isn't any PVP player to kill people gathering the stuffs what is the point of having other player defending? Ozzy is helping you to make the event be successfull otherwise there is no PVP part, as you claimed, in the event.

It is clear that you don't know what are you talking about, have been 3 years that me, @Antrax Artek , @OzzyOsbourne and many other experienced and active PVP players talk and give suggestions and feedbacks to Chris and other in the dev team, I don't know how much time I spent here typing in this forum, or in Blood Bay discord channel or in Chris's stream talking with ATOS and others about PVP and trying to give them suggestions and feedback, I was always got replied with " hey cool idea, we can do it", but nothing happened. 1 years ago we talked a lot with chris about factions, he said they were working on it, but as every pvp related thing i never heard anymore about it, same as the castle sieges that should have come out like 2 years ago, following patch notes and devs plans. When they added Obsidian Trial we used and tested it a lot, giving feedback how to make it more useful, like adding a queue you can join from anywhere, instead to ask people to wait endless time doing nothing into the map waiting for people to make the event start, "we will add a queue soon" said Darkstarr during a stream replying to my question about if a queue for obsidian would be added, and nothing happened til they totaly broken it, since the vendor now doesn't work at all from like 1 year now, me and other player endless reported in the forum but of course, still bugged.
    Not talking about the fact that atm there is no point to do PVP because ppl can get bonus of being flagged (10% more xp) without being flagged, just joining a group with people unflagged, reported to Chris and Elgarion endless times by different player and didn't get any fix or attenction.
    We had a guild war where people could unflag during the war ( this is shouldn't be possible since the downside of the war is that it force flag the whole guild PVP) still abusing the group system, making someone unflagged group them. The war didn't deleted and the bug still not fixed making impossible to make guild wars ( that already give a shitty a reward, a stupid plaque, of course we talked about this too with devs but nothing changed).

After years of time wasted giving feedbacks to Chris and having discussion with him about what would be a good PVP system to please anyone making it worthwile, you come here to tell me
    To be honest, the main reason why I didn't register to the Elgarion's event is because i am barely playing, why? Because after 3 years waiting for a good PVP system I am bored of all the false promises, and i moved to other games; I was excited when i read Catnip was doing an official PVP tournament, but then i read it was just an event based on griefing people killing mobs, exactly what in 3 years people have complained about, while i love the world PVP mechanic mixed to PVE, I know most of the Sota left population will not have fun at those kinds of event, I and others even suggested some alternative events that could please everyone, like capture the flag, or control point PVP, but i got attacked by you in that and in this tread for doing so.

I am bored to be attached by other players everytime you touch the PVP argument, it is clear that this game is totaly against pvp and pvp players, indeed there are like 3-4 PVP active player left, while 2-3 years ago there were atleast 100 active pvpers, because this game is reign of antipvpers and there is no chance to change it.

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Don't worry, I didnt take any offense, but I think you misunderstood a bit about my post.

First off I said Ozzy wants to make sure the event is no fun, you can clearly see that with the way he posted, never said it was against the rules, on the contrary, it is a go for being unregistered, no need to be a **** about it though.

And second I never specifically aimed at your for being super negative, what I said was 1. Chris needs to actually WORK on these things and take input from people like you and the rest, but some of you (not calling any names but yours wasnt one I was thinking about) need to tone down on the aggressiveness of the message you're trying to get across and actually participate in a constructive manner, because some are way past that stage and are on full out rant mode which wont help when the time comes.

I am sure time and time you guys have tried and devs did not do their part, heck maybe 90% of the systems in this game have had this treatment so I am sure as heck PVP got some of the worst, but if Chris does step up, let's try and work with him and not against him when he decides it is time.

Googolplex owns you and Dhanas like this.
  5. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

If its done correctly yes, if not no.

Done correctly (the base, there is alot of place for more): Not so random matching, dont put a level 20 against a level 120. Rewards after winning matches, it could be a instant reward, could be a ranking and at the end of week or month you get a reward. If its related to obsidian trial currency, something you can buy with the rewards (is the obsidian trial vendor fixed yet?)

Dhanas and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

And why not give a smaller reward, like mentionned previously, so that simply participating is incentivized, but then winning is rewarded that extra bit. That could bump up numbers

devilcult likes this.
  7. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Dhanas my heart is sad over the PVP situation. As you know in the EVL PVP tournament I died so many times. Even tho you were so great in helping me at least try to survive in PVP it was very hard teaching me yet you always gave pointers anyway. Thank you for that...to you and to @Antrax Artek . It is like helping a young child learn to ride a bike. Some catch on quickly and some take a very long time. Although both you an Antrax have been so helpful I am still unskilled. But...that is ok because it is still some of the most fun to be had. The reason is because one must THINK (I'm still working on that step) when fighting in PVP. It does not matter if one dies. Your death is not forever...it may seem like it when you can't find the opening to get out of the arena in order to rez. That is ok also.

I really want the full Queque system where we can que and find a match in order to learn how to PVP, in order to have a permanent Leaderboard in order to see our own progress but also to see our rank as we learn and do PVP over the year, in order to have rewards for being 1st, 2nd,3rd, 4th and 5th place over the years time. We need to be able to have matches like in golf, tennis or any other game and play against the levels and try to move up into the next level....even if it takes us several years to finally move into the next level. I am not talking about Adventure Level. I am high in Adventure Level because I have been killing monsters for 6 years now. Killing monsters for 6 years does not make me be able to to PVP. It is the practice with another person that improves PVP.

If you ever have the opportunity to watch @Dhanas , @Antrax Artek , @Fzol, @Gradios, @Gia2 , @Booklinair, @devilcult, @Hemswal The Descended , @Kinetic Fed, @Alexander John and many others that would still be here if we had a platform for PVP. .. If we had a real queque system.

I do not understand why PVP is so far behind other activities in our game. Because I do not understand why is one reason we have multiple PVP battles where most of the time we have had fun to at least try to stay alive. Sometime my objectives fail miserably but sometimes someone says "that was fun"! So the battles will continue and we will continue hoping and asking for PVP until there is no one left to pvp...at least I will...it is just too important to not continue asking and hoping! Because.....I want Shroud of the Avatar to be going strong for many more years.

8. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

First off... signing up to a pvp event is the antithesis to pvp... (excluding of course perhaps a structured tournament)
    If you cant handle that concept, pvp just isnt for you.
    Consider me a red mob that thinks 100000000x better than any mob you have ever faced in ANY game.
    I wont be there to make the participants "have a bad time". I will be there to generate excitement and risk for the players that seek to have a great time.
    This concept cannot be swept away for pvp. It is the basis of pvp.
    If you actually read my post, I mention that they should fix all the mess-ups they did to pvp before planning pvp events. It's like planning a pve fishing event when bait doesnt work properly...

Googolplex owns you and Dhanas like this.
  9. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Also this is off topic, but pvp was EPIC and BALANCED (imho) BEFORE @Chris made bandit gear and allowed legacy/heavyweight masterworks on 2handers.
    Who the hell wants to fight someone using this? And you cannot reproduce it...
    [​IMG]

Something a PVP queue can fix is giving me something else to do with my time other than farming EXP and continously get stronger and stronger (but soft cap, which most people forget about but wtv). At least with a fleshed out pvp system, lower lvls can catch up cause I will be so busy pvping.

10. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Been participated in constructive manner for 3 years and go NOTHING but sabotage.

Dhanas likes this.
  11. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

So everyone can join and stand still just to get their deco.... that would be ridiculous and everyone will do it... just for pixel crack...

12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Hey, if 1 item costs 100 coins, and you can get 1 for joining in the queue, and 10 for winning, at least those who absolutely suck at it can get something after a while, just makes it more fun for you oponents who will get destroyed, and means you will have more oponents.

Gefionious likes this.
  13. ultimaonline77

ultimaonline77 Avatar

All MMO's need PVP to survive. If you don't have that in your game it will die. Just because you don't PVP don't have it removed from the game. its necessary.

14. Thodin

Thodin Avatar

I voted waste of resources because there is simply no real reason, or risk vs. reward so to speak of that would make one want to Queue for. I would LOVE to vote YES if there were actually a reason to PVP, but there absolutely is not any stimulating, meaninguful reason to pvp,.... still.... in the year 2020.... *whispers: mounts either....*

Googolplex owns you likes this.
  15. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

I would use the que, and in my opinion it is badly needed and LONG overdue. Part of the reason this game has next to zero population is because there is practically zero quality pvp content in this game. All of you who are so anti-pvp, why? what difference does it really make to you? quit using your own inadequacies and low self esteem to try to deny people content that you would never participate in anyway. It's really sad, given the near death state of this game that you continue to cut off your nose to spite your own face. Get a grip and enjoy the game and let others do so also, or it won't be long before no one will have a game to play at all.

Violet Ronso and Antrax Artek like this.
  16. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

This is great for ambush(and PVP it's not only about ambush), but it is well known how polearm build is countered nowadays with like almost no chance for polearm player. So if you want to say that having such a weapon is must have to be competitive in PVP now its not.
    The only problem of PVP in Sota is EXTREMELY BAD drop in PVP zone, make drop in pvp zones comparable with best PVE zones and we will get PVP renaissance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.