Sequanna Colosus Lens Quest

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by AoiBlue, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I suspect I am not the only person who thinks that having to sit waiting around for shadows to align to get the lens at Sequanna Colossus is probably the worst quest in the game.

It is so bad it delays many players from getting the shroud due to the sheer annoying nature of the quest.

Not only that, the quest breaks for a lot of people frequently. Could we please have this quest replaced soon.

2. Toular

Toular Avatar

Delays by what ... 30 minutes at most? I kinda enjoyed the pause. I use the time to beat up on some air elementals if i remember right.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Just imagine how bad it would be if you were on a lower-end system and had shadows turned off for performance. You'd wait and wait and wait...

Lucky1221 likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Edited was thinking of a different quest. Deleted response

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

The key is timing it so there is no wait. I did that.

Anpu likes this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Arbitrary, pointless delay mechanics are one of the most annoying/frustrating features of this game.
    If we absolutely must sit there and wait for a shadow, at least put 10-12 nodes up there to harvest or something else to kill. Put it just out of aggro range of the shrine so that the people who want to just go afk and wait can do so.

Cora Cuz'avich and Lucky1221 like this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the notes everyone! Added as issue #66978

Witcheypoo and AoiBlue like this.
  8. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

?? I thought it was one of the neatest parts of the quest. I sat there, with it raining for 23 minutes wondering if it was true or just bs, then, lo and behold, the skies cleared, and here came the shadow and I sat there enthralled watching as it slowly crept closer and closer until I could open the crypt. I thought it was cool, even though I had to wait.

Just my 2 cents

ConjurerDragon, Sannio and Alley Oop like this.
  9. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

If you want to keep the quest, It would be nice if in addition to a bigger window of time, probably a good 5 minutes.

There should be a cool animation when it's time, such as something raising out of the ground. It should make the scraping stone sound so you can't miss it. Ideally you should have a small subterranean temple you walk down into.

There needs to be some real visual reward if we are to wait around a half hour for it. Something that makes it really look cool.

10. Lucky1221

Lucky1221 Avatar

I had a difficult time in completing the quest. I read forum responses saying that at night the quest could be completed. I think this was bad advice. I fought through the entire night and it was raining. No moon could be seen in the sky. I had to wait until day, then afternoon when the shadows could clearly be seen cast on the ground.

To future players who read this thread: I highly suggest attempting to complete this quest during the daytime when shadows of the player, the large statue and the ankh itself could be seen.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

First, and foremost, stop reading old outdated information. Only read accurate, and up to date information. Where do you find that? Ask us. Literally, just ask us.

So much has changed with this game, and if you continue to rely on old and outdated information, you are going to be experiencing many things that no longer are possibly working that way.

Just ask! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.