1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[No Response] Deliver Evidence to Bearfield

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Lord Merlin, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

04/23/2020 21:30
    Title: Deliver Evidence to Bearfield
    Reproduction Rate: 3/3 for me only
    Blocker? For that questline for me only
    Details:Bearfield will not open window to let me give him The Cleansing Manifesto, so questline cannot continue
    Steps to Reproduce: Do the quest to this point. Just came from Alberic after giving him the manifesto and his returning it to me.
    This is happening with Tom Merlin. Other people at same time are not having this problem.
    Other details: Checked inventory. Item is present. Tried all keywords that Captain Bearfield has, and the following also - cleansing - manifesto - alberic - phineas - vigilante - vigilantes - warrant - a few others that I can't remember. I logged out and returned - no difference. I restarted client and returned - no difference. I changed zones and returned - no difference. Then, I dropped the "The Cleansing Manifesto" and then returned to Alberic and he gave me another. I then repeated all the variations that I tried the first time. Note also, I did give the manifesto to Markus, and it completed that miniquest with no problem.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 12244
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.Win.64.1182.Date.04.21.20
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (514.3, 73.3, 280.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCg1MTQuMzI5LCA3My4zMjMsIDI3OS45OTQpfCgwLCAwLjk1MSwgMCwgLTAuMzA4KXwtMTQ0LjA3MzZ8MTcuOTk3Nzh8My42Mjk5OTY=

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Are you saying you gave the manifesto to Markus and are trying to give a second manifesto to Alberic?

3. Sannio

Another question: Do you have more than one manifesto in your inventory? If so, try deleting all of them except for the one you want to give to the NPC. Please let me know if that helps.

4. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

OK, in answer to your first question, the first line of my bug report is quite clear. Try reading it. Second question, no.

I noticed today that I already had a WARRANT in my inventory. I'm sure it was left over from a previous attempt to perform this quest, and was not cleared out at some previous, appropriate time. I have deleted the WARRANT, and will retry the quest step.

It is really disappointing the lack of understanding the and attention to reading that the troubleshooting team displays. It is one reason I stopped funding this game, and stopped playing for a long time. I would not be back if it were not for the friendships that have been created through this game.

5. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

I talked to Captain Bearfield after deleting the WARRANT that was in my inventory, and the trade window opened immediately, allowing me to finish that step of the quest. On the negative side. Captain Bearfield did not give me a warrant to allow me to continue the quest. That is just an FYI. I don't care. I do not want to do any more of these broken quests. Feel free to close this issue. I might say, though, that there is a bug here. If I am on that quest where I was stuck, there should be a check of the inventory to ensure that the WARRANT is not present. Your whole questing system si so totally broken, but I know the team is aware of that.

6. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

It is sad we have to troubleshoot the bugs in the product ourselves. Totally disappointing.

7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Lord Merlin
    So actually the first line of your bug report is "04/23/2020 21:30". Details are always helpful. As for the issue there are several things I would try before getting support in on it. Are you trying to give Alberic the The Cleansing Manifesto so he can give you the warrant and if you had a warrant already did you go to Phineas and show it to him? As a last resort a lot of issues in the game really can be fixed/reset by logging off and back on so the games support files and info can be reloaded.

I have done this guest on several alts and have had some problems but I have been able to resolve them all. I would be happy to help you if I can. Port has admitted that the quest system needs to be redone but it is a process that is going to take longer to recreate than some of the other bugs and when you are a small company (development team) not one of the Bethesda or Blizzard size companies things do happen slowly.

Hang in there with the game it is always improving and there are other things you can do or work on until the quest system is recreated.

Sannio likes this.
  8. Sannio

I'm sorry, but your report wasn't completely clear to me. This may be because I have extra information that you don't. For example, behind the scenes there are actually 3 manifesto items. They are all named the same, so I wasn't sure which one you had in your inventory.

Also, your details were good and I thank you for them, but while I could have inferred you only had one of these manifestos in your inventory at a time, you didn't specifically mention this fact, so the question (and answer) is still important because details like these will help me approach how I fix your issue.

I didn't create this quest, but I'm the designer who intends to fix the issue you experienced. All the details you give will be helpful to me, and I appreciate them.

Great news! Thanks for sharing that detail and I'm glad you were able to get the quest to progress.

I know you're frustrated right now, and I apologize for the problems with this quest, but from the information you've given me, I think you might be able to say "help" or "warrant" to Captain Bearfield to get the warrant.

Also, if you'd like me to, I can log in with your character at a time when you're not playing. At that time, I can check your quest status and if the quest won't advance on it's own I can force it to advance for you. Please let me know if you'd like me to log in as your character.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Sannio

I forgot to mention: Added to my to-do list as issue #66988

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.