[Poll] If there were substantial changes would you do it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antrax Artek, Jun 24, 2019.

?

Would you do PVP if there were changes to make it meaningful, rewarding and less punitive for all?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2019.
  1. Yes

47.0%
  2. I already do it

5.9%
  3. No

47.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

I am not against PVP in any abstract sense. It can be fun if it is done properly. I know LB is a big fan of it, at least vocally, as it was a HUGE factor in UO and one of the mechanics that made that game as popular as it was. SOTA is NOT UO. It is barely the "Spiritual Successor" other than some names and vague lore. So trying to force the PVP system that worked in UO onto The SOTA platform is a rather profound failure. I used to date a girl who was a gymnast. That was really cool. We had to part ways. My New GF is awesome too, but she is not a gymnast. No matter how many times I try to get her to excel at the balance beam, its just not her thing. I had to accept that and focus on the things she is great at. Maybe Sota should do the same.

Dollar Bill, Cordelayne, Cyin and 3 others like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

IMO having no queue and getting 1 shotted is what kept most of us out of the trials.

3. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Many good suggestions was made in this topic. But we need a way which will be simple to implement.
    Guys who plays both pvp and pve knows that I`m top PVE player not top PVP.
    And as PVE guy who has big experience in grind PVP zone for mobs, I would like to say an easy thing, which many of you who had not have hardcore grind experience in PVP zone don't understand:
    Even if loot will be much better in PVP zone than in PVE, overall igg per hour rate will be less. - Its a fact. Why ? -
    1) Its hard to grind there for a long time, pvp zone force you to be in concentration. Its hard to grind for many hours there even if you haven't got a single fight.
    2) You cant go AFK so again you cant grind for a long time there.
    3) If you get a single fight it significantly affects your IGG rate per hour (its make it much lower)
    Fall has good loot yes, but not better than best PVE zones.

If DEVs would make loot in PVP zones better than PVE zones it would not force you to go there, because igg per hour rate will be still better in PVE zone.
    After understanding of what I wrote here, the easiest solution for both devs and us will significantly raise loot in PVP zones(most of them have soo crappy loot btw)

P.S. Also dont forget the better loot in PVP zone the more guys come there, the more guys come there the less will be overall igg per hour rate for each of them.
    P.S.S. Nobody will camp those zone by party of 8 120 level+ because if you will check igg per hour rate of such party divided by 8 it will be ALWAYS crap no matter wha loot devs would put in it.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Devs should really do some "A/B" testing of specific things.

Such as ransom. Turn it off for one month, world wide. Put it in the notes. See what happens!

After the month is over, see what everyone thought.

5. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

This is best, easier and faster solution imo. It is realy hard it will be implemented cause people are scared of it, but i perfectly understand your point and i , like you, understand there Will be no unbalance and it will not force pvers to go there, cause they will still get better loot in pve zone ( considering the risk).

6. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

So at the end a crazly high number of people would have participated in the PVP if there had been any changes, unfortunately there has been no change.

Violet Ronso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.