1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Needs More Info] Patcher won't start download

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Jesper Daelin, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Jesper Daelin

Jesper Daelin Avatar

03/24/2020 09:17
    Title: Patcher won't start download

Reproduction Rate: 100% after 1135 update

Blocker? yes

Details: downloaded 1134-1135 yesterday after applying patch, The patcher started to download 1137. download never starts. My ISP has blocked 50 attempts to connect to my PC on the port assigned to the patcher.
    Steps to Reproduce: try to update from 1135 using stand alone patcher

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16268
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11127
    SotA.Win.64.1137.Date.03.23.20
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Estates
    Area Display Name: Brittany Estates
    Loc: (191.1, 74.2, 458.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9Fc3RhdGVzfHwoMTkxLjEwMSwgNzQuMTg1LCA0NTguNjE1KXwoMCwgMC45NiwgMCwgLTAuMjc5KXwtMTQ3LjM1NTJ8OC42Mjg1Nzd8NS40NzkxNTg=

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

You can uncheck the option for people to pick up what you have downloaded from your pc (or at least you used to I’m not at my pc to check) however this is normal p2p activity. If your isp has now blocked things it would make sense you are having issues. You may need to ge them to unblock what they have done

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Another person was also having this problem. I think some port is getting blocked by firewall or the router. But when they switched to the steam version they were able to update and play just fine.

4. Jesper Daelin

Jesper Daelin Avatar

I don't think it is me or my ISP. #1, I've seen multiple people mention this. #2 never in the years of playing have I had to change firewall settings to get the patcher to work.

#3 I didn't change anything. it just magically stopped working after 1135 and my ISP started blocking the incoming port for p2p. I changed nothing, and 10 seconds before hand I downloaded a previous patch with the patcher.

5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Ok. But as you said. Your isp started blocking things. They may have blocked you going outwards too

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

7. illusive_allusion

illusive_allusion Avatar

Same issue here, I assume, although it isn't my ISP. Why do I say that? I have all of the torrents in my Downloads folder. (I didn't manually download them, so the Launcher must have?).

And yet the launcher still fails to apply the patches and throws an error saying "A newer version of the game is required to play. Please restart the game using the launcher in order to get the latest version."

Repeat ad infinitum.

I am at version 1182, according to Multiplayer tab, which means I have four torrents in Downloads waiting to be applied.

Went to check ports, just to be sure that was OK. The Launcher was blocked (twice) in Windows Defender Firewall. I certainly did not do that, especially not twice! I deleted the offending entries and added rules to allow both Launcher and game. Still no updates happening. Next step: disabled Windows Defender Firewall entirely. No joy. Launcher still fails to patch.

Hmm.

Is switching to Steam my only recourse?

8. illusive_allusion

illusive_allusion Avatar

I used a maul when a rapier could have done the trick, if only I had known where to lunge.

1. Uninstall Shroud of the Avatar. (Boo hoo, goodbye, dear friends!)
    2. No I'm not leaving, really.
    3. Link account to Steam.
    4. Install fresh through Steam.

Crude, but effective.

9. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Anyone still having issues with this? Trying to clean up some old threads. Thanks!