1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved 67029] Blood River Outskirts - Vigilante's Plan Stage 1

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by jack102367, May 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

1: Can't get vigilante's to drop the plan stage 1. I've killed 100 vigilante's and none of them have dropped the plan. I've talked to another person who is having the same problem.

2: Yes, talked to another and they are having same problem

3: Yes, can't continue the quest

4: See 1

5: go to blood river outskirts and talk to Albric in the elf camp to get the quest that requires you to find evidence of the vigilantes' wrong doing.

6: 32GB RAM, Intel i7-8700K, GeForce GTX1080Ti and Windows 10 64-bit

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What does your journal entry say to do?

3. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

Just worked okay for me on both of my new avatars. Monday 5th May. UK time 18:00.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I can confirm this is working correctly, with a new created character:

[​IMG]

05/04/2020 12:10
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1197.Date.05.02.20
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (360.5, 72.3, 150.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgzNjAuNDUxLCA3Mi4yNjEsIDE1MC40MzMpfCgwLCAtMC4xNDQsIDAsIDAuOTkpfC0zOTMuODI5OHwyNi42ODMxNHw1LjI4MDUzNQ==

Perhaps this person is confused about something else?

5. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

2 things in my journal related to this.

1st journal entry says: Vigilante Inquisitor = the leader of the elven camp Alberic, told me about the human vigilantes that attacked blood river and continue to torment the elven refugees in blood river outskirts. he requested that I find evidence of the vigilantes' wrong doing and bring it back to him. He was not specific in how I should do this, so it is up to me to figure out how. I suppose I can choose either violent confrontations with the vigilantes or perhaps a clever ruse to earn their trust within their camp.

2n journal entry says: Get Written Evidence = The somewhat friendly vigilante, Marcus, didn't believe that the vigilante's were the actual unprovoked attackers upon the elven village. He firmly believes that the blood river village elves were the aggressors and slaughtered an innocent caravan of human settlers. I think the only way to convince Marcus of the vigilantes true actions is to get something in writing from their camp.

Thank for the help Anpu.

Anpu likes this.
  6. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

I was able to do the resource gathering, recover heirloom for Vinicius, and banded forever quests. Not sure why I can't seem to get a vigilante to drop the Vigilante Plans Stage 1 paper.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok cool. If you have the actual journal entry, they should be dropping.

Not sure why the they are not dropping for you though.... :(

8. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

I'll go out tonight and kill another 20 and see if I get it...…….I'll post back here what happens tonight. I don't think I would need to kill more than 20 to know.

9. Toular

Toular Avatar

Is it possible that you already have it? Make sure you aren't filtering out quest items.

Anpu likes this.
  10. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

I did look and I had 'show quest items' on. I even went back to Albric to see if I could give it to him but he just keeps telling me to go get the evidence or something like that.

Anpu likes this.
  11. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

Well, I killed 20 more vigilante's and nothing. I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Think I need a Dev to check it out for me.

Anpu likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just to be sure, you do know this area is just a side quest area. It doesn’t block the main quest. Just in case you weren’t aware of that.

13. Silvermink

Silvermink Avatar

I am having this issue also. I wonder if it's related to speaking to Markus before getting it. I have both Vigilante Inquisitor and Written Evidence quests.

14. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

I'm glad that there is more than just 2 of us that's having this problem Silvermink. It might have to do with that, not sure. I hope a Dev jumps in and responds to this.

15. Silvermink

Silvermink Avatar

So, I was able to completely skip the steps for the vigilante drops. I went to Phineas, said help and finished and got the banner. The quest was removed from my ledger at some point. I don't know if or how much experience I missed out on, but with the 10x weekend it's not a big deal.

Anpu likes this.
  16. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

OK, thanks for the update. I still want to see this thru so others don't have this problem and the devs get this cleaned up so we have a quest that isn't and can't be broken by some people.

17. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and all the replies! Issue #67029

18. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

Thank you Sannio!

19. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

I had this happen as well. It turns out that I got the quest too soon. Got the quest but the items would not drop until another quest was done. Keep going back to the Elf leader, and even the Bandit Leader and ask them "Help". Type it out. Ask the Bandit Leader "Manifesto" as well. Again, type it out. Their quests do not appear to come up automatically. I think I had to get all the way past the elf scalps quest and even the food poisoning quest before this suddenly worked.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.