Catnip Games Monthly Fishing Tourney

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Elgarion, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'm sure fishing will get another pass of fun eventually :) More fish! Bigger fish! Not sure when though hehe. I won't have enough events to constitute having my own forum for it, so I'll just merge in with your events to give that forum some more lovin' and attention. I'll tweet it out etc. occasionally as well and spotlight in the update each week, putting it right at the top ;)

Rentier likes this.
  2. Elgarion

Fishing spot in Blood Bay:
    Loc: (276.7, 60.5, -220.6) Tiny tiny -- fight it out! Who will be the master Angler of Blood Bay this week? :p

Rentier likes this.
  3. Gridseed

Gridseed Avatar

2 tiny spots that i am happy to fight over ;) and does that mean people on lots fishing are cheating ?

Elgarion and Net like this.
  4. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

sorry no pvp fish from me as I was nude fishing and got ganked no chat just killed from behind. its these types of players that ruin the pvp element of the game and also areas of the game are off limits so therefore Dead content to people who do not wish to pvp yet PVP can be done in PVE areas I personally would like ALL of novia to be Pve and then all players will have a level playing field as players who wish to can flag for PVP at any time. I am not against PVP in the game I just feel it is unbalanced as if you go into a pvp area you are given no choice. I have made my point and I know it is a hotly debated topic so I will not respond to this post

Vaiden Luro and Elgarion like this.
  5. Elgarion

No worries Skeggy, still 2 other categories to compete in. Not everyone likes braving an open PvP zone.

I'm guessing you're referring to a dungeon. What does the tooltip say if you farm a fish in a player dungeon? I have time to rethink this for Friday for sure if it says "Blood Bay". If noone is sure, I can go test.

6. Lained

Lained Avatar

Caught in my dungeon in Brittany Wharfs.

[​IMG]

Perhaps a scene with more fishing spots and no player lots.

Elgarion likes this.
  7. Elgarion

Okay... ya, Blood Bay will have to be off the table since I won't be able to tell if it was from a dungeon or not. Gimme a sec, going around Rhun Ruins, they have a great coastline and its an amazing scene. Apologies. Some nuances to fishing I'm still learning evidently.

8. Elgarion

Rhun Ruins it is, nice long fishable coastline. Updating the weekly update, the Upcoming Events page and the main post here. Anyone who sent in fish from Blood Bay already (I have a few mails in the in-box) will still receive a participation trophy if that's the only fish they sent in for the week.

Sorry about this -- in any case, one good thing that did result, I got the smart guys to chat about Blood Bay fishing in chat. Perhaps they'll add some Blood Bay fishing areas for us in the future as a result ;)

Rentier, Anpu and Lained like this.
  9. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is why you have to set a water type for each part that way you will know if it is caught in a dungeon. Dungeon fishing is either fresh or fetid as an fyi.

Rentier, Elgarion, Net and 1 other person like this.
  10. Gridseed

Gridseed Avatar

So my fishes doesn't count ? i have many deaths over this :( lol

Elgarion likes this.
  11. Elgarion

That wouldn't have helped since that little spot wouldn't have been salt water for differentiation. I'll just avoid PvP scenes with player housing henceforth.
    Since I can't tell where you fished it, no sorry. I really didn't anticipate problems picking Blood Bay. Once I get data logging for fishing, we can do Blood Bay again. I'll know your fish sizes and everything without you even needing to send them in via mail. So who were your usual murderers while you were fishing?

12. Elgarion

And I can send a EXTRA participation trophy to anyone who had initial Blood Bay fishies caught before this time sent to me. It'll have a goofy title to indicate Elgarion's a dope.

Sean Silverfoot, Anpu and Lained like this.
  13. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

nice touch.. i hadn't mailed mine yet as i do at the end but all the same i hope to see the trophies soon from the first tourney and my fishes back. Should you need any more help with fishing contest you can holler at us fisherfolk any time we'd be glad to assist.
    Flair Minamoto

Elgarion and Aldo like this.
  14. Gridseed

Gridseed Avatar

Lol i wasn't murdered but i did die looking for that spot a few times :) and you can clearly see i was fishing there and it wasn't a large fish. But the effort i put in looking for them 2 spots wasn't easy :) and if you look at the fish and the time i was there you will see it in the picture what time i was there then look at my fish :) lol i was hoping to find a lava fishing spot but did not find :( And @Elgarion you doing a good job :) Get on discord so i can inform on the game :) lol

Elgarion likes this.
  15. Net

Net Avatar

I barely got one trout in Blood Bay, but I have not sent it yet, can I still send it for tiny participation trophy?

Elgarion likes this.
  16. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Hi @Elgarion ..add Crafters Town to the fishing list also...thx.

Elgarion likes this.
  17. Net

Net Avatar

I think there is bug in Leaderboards, because the only and the largest Large Tiger Shark caught in the last 30 days is Fiero Steele's 5.01 one. I think that some of my catches never appeared on the leader-boards either.
    Or is there a way to opt out from leaderboards?

Elgarion likes this.
  18. Lained

Lained Avatar

The cog on the top right of the leaderboard.

Net and Elgarion like this.
  19. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The participation can be gotten by catching a fish in any of the categories: Pot, pvp, lava. If the trout is the only fish you caught, there is still a question as to whether a fish that is not a mountable one would qualify as participation. My guess is that it will be. Just to be safe for this week, though, just catch a mountable fish anywhere and submit it. There is not a separate category for participation in pvp or any other area.

Duursyrras and Elgarion like this.
  20. Elgarion

Ahhhh ya, could be an opt out thing. I had several for the past contest that were larger than 5.01, but we're THROWING THEM BACK! :p

I didn't get to sending the fish back yesterday, so I'll try to get to that today.

Also @Engel, are you hiding your stats from public view? If not, then perhaps we have a bug. Yours didn't show on the leaderboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.