1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Explanation and update on balancing efforts for R74 and Q1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

This would be huge power creep imo, not balance. Now i can put these on my buff deck and gain more slots for DPS in my deck, I would not have to make any comprise between the amount of defensive vs aggressive glyphs.

Regards
    Spung

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

In ESO I'm a healer. A Warden with Animal companion and Green Balance (Healing) power. I don't get penalized there for defending myself. Especially while healing my companions and running for my life.

Oh and I'm a Nord with a Frost Staff. Nice weapon. I love it when I freeze someone into an ice statue and they crumble after a few moments . ;-)

Arya Stoneheart and Numa like this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

I've been reading about the ice warden builds in ESO, it sounds like a fun build! Wish we could freeze mobs too in SOTA it would make a lot of sense if fire kills things fast but ice stops the bad guys first - then kills them.

Trading off damage for frozen cc sounds like the perfect defining trademark of ice.

majoria70 and Sentinel2 like this.
  4. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

It would be fine to still require they be in your active deck in order to remain active.... assuming otherwise is just an assumption. This would be a major quality of life improvement to reduce immersion breaking micro-management of abilities that don't make sense to have to micro-manage. Even if it did create a power creep it's something that should be done and then balanced as needed imo (such as requiring toggled abilities to be on your active bar to stay active) want to deck swap but stay in current stance? then target deck also needs to have that glyph in it.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That seems a good compromise- I hate managing short buffs. Its one of the most frustrating things about combat in any game.

Chatele, Ancev, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I agree. I will wait till early in the next release to post the bug when dev attention is at it's peak.

EDIT: This is embarrassing! My quote and response to it were made in error here. I was responding to a post in the crafting forum regarding masterworking attributes on backpacks, or so I thought. :eek:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Mishras and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Dark age of Camelot did it.... and it worked out great....

Mishra likes this.
  8. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

LOL I really hope it all works out... I left the game Months ago because I've been having a hard time playing my purebred archer build solo. It keeps getting nerfed while the mobs get tougher... I play to have fun and just wasn't any more. ... I don't PVP nor will I ever... I solo, and don't care to group, unless it is my choice and not because I HAVE TOO. I still pay the monthly fee to support the game in hopes Episode 2 will be better and different and more solo friendly then it is now, and FUN. So I am waiting to see how EPS 2 goes.... SO for me, ep 2 will either make or break the game for me.... till then… Have fun yall. I only log in once a month to see if any of my friends are on to say HI, BYE.... but I never see them. SO HI to all my friends :)

Cora Cuz'avich and FrostII like this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Same. about two weeks ago I came back, sort of. I've logged in once a month to pay my rents, but I'm getting low enough on gold that I neede to actually play a bit. Also, my CPU cooler isn't working so well, and ESO keeps shutting my computer down, while SotA doesn't spike temps as high, so it's all I can really play until my new cooler gets here.

Chatele likes this.
  10. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

I really liked how you could use realm points to increase skills

Chatele likes this.
  11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yes that made it something to work for.... Like also Lotr, they have so many fun ways to improve your character, always , and I love the skirmish side game where you also lvl a companion to fight with you etc, that actually does something.... Shroud could use stuff like that.... etc

Mishra likes this.
  12. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

13. Ser Kyrlieon

Ser Kyrlieon Avatar

I see all these people complaining About not having in combat focus regen....did you not even read what he said?? That’s why Chris said don’t jump to conclusions. Take a step back and re read it. Go breathe a little bit. He said for the CHALLENGE ZONES for END GAME TIERED PLAYERS. Maybe that should clear it up to you that didn’t read it. stop hating on Chris. You asked for more challenge. Here it is. Keep up the good work boss! I have mixed feelings about things too but overall I see good things and a positive direction. The game improves all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.