Gathering XP inconsistencies

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Botocks, May 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

I ran around in Ulfheim since the last patch and found some inconsistencies with the new crafting xp.

Before the Patch and the XP events you got 1k crafting xp from almost everything there. Animal, Cotton, Ore, Wood...
    Some things gave more like the Razorback, Wyvern, and the T6+ Animals like Ferocious Bears and so on.

Now it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

I believe not every "node" has been changed and/or got additional xp with meticulous collection.

Royou, FrostII and Violet Ronso like this.
  2. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

bug report it?

FrostII and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I had a suspicion that skinning might work differently somehow. (Not really sure what that thought is based on, though.)

Regardless, I have not yet gotten any XP from meticulous skinning.

4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Looks good to me. Skinning is the only gathering profession that can be highly exploitable for xp..... while other gathering profession respawn nodes are usually tied to a long timer for respawns, creatures are not ...you can go to areas and just skin creatures non stop without any breaks ...you cant do that with gathering as the respawns wont allow it.... So yea skinning should yield less producer xp....because over a period of time it can yield alot more xp then any gathering proffesion even if its just 1k xp/ metic.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

If that is the reason, that should have been stated up front, rather than implying all meticulous results would award additional xp.

And I am fine with skinning meticulous giving less than the original skinning, but it ought to reward some additional xp if other types do.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  6. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

I think a it would be a good idea if a skinning meticulous would do something completely different then give bonus xp. Why not make it so that rare crafting materials only have a chance to drop when hitting a meticulous while skinning. For example, skinning a dragon could drop dragon scales. So many possibilities.

7. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

True.

So if thats the case then Obsidian Wolves, which have more health than a Obsidian Bear, should a leats yield the same amount of xp. And the higher tier wolves and bears should giv a bit more.
    I am farming a lot in Ulfheim. Even when i completely ignore all the animals i never have to stop because there are plenty of trees, cotton bushes and ore nodes. So i cannot completely agree with you Elrond.

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Or, even just a full additional loot roll. skinning meticulous was the one that made the least sense; as Elrond said, with the respawn rate in most areas, you can just kill and skin all day. The occasional extra animal hid wasn't really worth the time, you could get so many anyway.

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Onyx nodes in Elysium give xp for meticulous, diamond nodes do not.

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Is there any post where devs are asking for testing on this? Just checking I didn’t miss that.

11. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Th way i see it anything below 10k hp should be 1k xp ....everything higher then 10k hp should yield 2.5k xp +( thats where the destroyer , mutilators so on comes in ).

12. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

Would be ok for me if there were the bonus xp for meticulous + chance of getting the special item when meticulous hits. And if it were consistent for all animals

13. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

There's another issue with the Meticulous Collection XP. If you are in the middle of Meticulous and you get attacked, the node is finished and you can loot it but you then lose the XP you should have gained. The entire coding needs to be changed so that you gain the xp as the meticulous is made rather than at the end of the exercise.

Also we should have had a chance to test this on the QA server before the release. This was the promise Chris made on his stream that nothing apart from critical bug fixes would go live, all other development would be in QA and tested before going live.

I really hate these low hanging fruit development approach that are favoured by the team. It’s not professional and it makes them look incompetant and the consumers of the product just become disillusioned to the entire product. It sucks to say this but our needs are not being met at all.

14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think that's working as intended. You can loot it because you completed the initial harvest. You only get extra stuff (before it was just mats, but now mats and XP) if the meticulous completes. If it gets inerrupted, you lose the extra stuff.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.