1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Functioning Maps

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by tolgator, Apr 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tolgator

tolgator Avatar

Can we please have functioning maps for every episode 1 zone? Half the zones have no map available, including zones that previously had functioning maps in the past until something got changed. Pretty please?

2. Gustach

Gustach Avatar

This is basic.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

On the radar and in the 2020 vision post. Definitely an important feature, and we'll get it in as soon as we can :)

Wilfred and Nick like this.
  4. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I saw an older post from Undone that said they were prioritizing the 50 most popular scenes. Please rethink that! The most popular scenes are the ones where players are probably already pretty familiar with the environment, are less in need of a map, and are more likely to be loyal players (since they know what the popular places to go are) and are thus less likely to give up in confusion.

The places that need the maps most are those most frequently visited by low-level players: They're more likely to be newbies who aren't already familiar with the scene and are more likely to either give up in confusion or respond with a "WTF? Why should I bother with a game where the devs themselves haven't bothered with such a basic necessity as maps?" Remember, newbies aren't going to be following all the latest news and won't know what the current excuses are, or that we used to have maps for many scenes that now don't. They're only going to care about what they see and experience in-world, not what promises are made or goals set by the devs. The most earnest promise to get maps working again in some vague future time is not going to matter at all to the new player -- or to all that newbie's friends or viewers who might have become new players but now won't because the newbie told them SOTA was missing a basic functionality that they should have been able to take for granted.

craftymethod likes this.
  5. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

POT, NPC and adventure zone maps are really in need of attention, big time.

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ugh, Tartarus for sure. I think I was lost in there for almost an hour tonightttonight to find the satyr maze.

7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I agree - I certainly don't need a map of places I go to all the time. Choosing popular places to make maps for is mistaking what we really need. It reminds me of two anecdotes I heard once in a marketing seminar. The stories intended to point out that customer needs aren't always what they seem at first glance. I don't know if the stories are true or made up, but they went like this:

Story 1: Hairnets: back in the old days women used to wear hairnets to keep their hair in place. A hairnet company decided to do some research into customer needs and asked customers to fill out a survey. The survey asked the customers what kind of hairnets they wanted: ones barely visible, colorful ones, ones with spangles and glitter? Shortly thereafter another company put hairspray on the market and the hairnet company went out of business.

Story 2: Armor for warplanes: Also back in the old days the Air Force decided to improve armor on warplanes and did a study of where the most bullet holes were on the planes that made it back to base. They were about to improve the armor on those areas of the plane until someone pointed out that the best areas to protect were those areas without bullet holes, because planes that were shot in those areas never made it back.

8. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Feels like Ep1 is being polished after the company was drastically reduced and EP 2 content is suffering. I guess the polish is now drawn out over the remaining episodes?

Bold move,

9. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Yes, please fix the maps system.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  10. CICI

CICI Avatar

Fix the maps ASAP #1! Please and thank you =D

FrostII likes this.
  11. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Yes, please! It's a sad day when you have to beg for a basic function that's included in pretty much all games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.