Bandit armor questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cora Cuz'avich, May 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

1. What makes it so good for archers? I've heard this a bunch, from people who know the ins and outs of SotA way better than I do. And I don't doubt it's true, so presumably I'm missing something. I mean, it does have some built-in dex bonuses, which are nice. And the poison bonus. The base DR is a bit more than regular leather. But if you're doing an air/tactics archer, you're running around with -50 DR from berserker stance (and probably also -20 DA from the Dodge blessing) so the DR is pointless. (Admittedly, I have yet to find a bandit chest, so I have not been able to use a full set yet, and I don't know what bonuses come with the chest, so that could be a missing piece of the puzzle.) Am I not understanding how the set bonus works? My recollection is that if you have a light armor chest and 4 other pieces, you get 10% extra DR. The full bandit set presumably makes that 20%? Which again, I get would be good if you're not using berserker stance. But if you are, it seems that it would have no real effect. I'm sure there's something I'm missing, I'm just not seeing what it is.

2. Are the chest/leggings just more rare than boots/gloves/helmets, or do they only drop from certain types of satyr? In a few days, I've gotten about 4-5 of each piece, but only one leggings, and no chests. Just curious.

Rentier likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if you have the chest, it triggers an extra set bonus just for that armor set. a full common set is +40% base weapon damage.

Atos 11/02/2019
    Hands will only drop off archers, head off mages, feet off warrior, legs off the miniboss that will be added next week, and chest only off the boss

Rentier likes this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Follow up: it ocurred to me to RTFM. so I looked it up, and it says you get an "x%" bonus to that skill tree. It does not say bonus to what. Skill cost? Effectiveness?

Skill cost wouldn't seem to make much difference, I don't really use any active light armor skills except dodge. Effectiveness would seem to maybe have an impact, if the bandit set gave a 20% bonus to Swiftness and Acrobatics.

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ah, okay. The chest was a missing but of information.

Damn, though. I was part of a group doing the tower battle tonight. I think we only got to the boss maybe four times in a few hours. Getting a 1/8 shot at a chest if one happens to drop kinda sucks. But I'm not surprised, Chris seems to feel that making everything good a group activity will somehow get more people in the game. :rolleyes:

(Mini boss- I'm guessing that's the Aether Warlock? I know I got some leggins before the group thingy, and that's the only thing close to a boss that I killed.)

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    FrostII and Rentier like this.
  5. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

The chest drops from the satyr fighters. Archers and mages each can drop 2 parts. I think leggings come from the archers... Not sure about the rest

FrostII and Rentier like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, now I'm super confused.

7. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

Trust me

FrostII likes this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

9. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

I haven't said that I know what I'm doing ;)

FrostII, Alley Oop and Cora Cuz'avich like this.
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Somewhat off topic, how do you get to the mines/cavern area from the upper area? I know how to find it from Savrenoc Stronghold. I ran all over the caverns for an hour or so the other day, and found the PvP area, but never found a way up to the upper level. I ran around the upper level (elf areas and zombie area) but never found anything up there. Breakable wall or secret door I'm missing?

11. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

Teleport to tartarus.
    Break the wall and go straight across the room. Follow the hallway and whenever you have to chose a direction, turn right. Do this 3 times. After your 3rd right turn there's a secret door on the right side at about the middle of the hallway. Open it by clicking on a stone right to the door (green cursor). Again follow the hallways until you have to chose the direction. First one is straight ahead, second is right, run through the room with that skeleton captn and the next time you have to chose, turn left. You will see a teleporter to the maze.
    Hope this helps

12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ah, a teleporter. That explains it. I was avoiding the pirate skellie's room. I figured it might be on the other side of that. I thought instead I could find the route by going the other way, coming up from the caverns.

13. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I can confirm you do not have to do the event to get the chest piece (or any of the pieces for that matter) as I have looted it and I just kill things mostly around the edges of the maze. Don't know who dropped it though. And it is much rarer than the others.

On a related note can someone tell me how the wave event is triggered? I want to avoid doing that :) I assume it has something to do with the tower in the center. When I find myself there I run away and try to find the edge again.

14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

To spawn the wave battles, you need to sit by the tower for a little while, and then you will see some small 1k health satyrs start running towards you (actually they walk, pretty slowly at that). If you do see those 1k buggers, run back out of it! But basically as long as you do not sit in the center you will be fine!

15. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

just had a successful run:

[​IMG]

didn't know that there were wave battles...i just go there and kill :)

Rentier and Violet Ronso like this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, the waves get pretty intense. Then the giant satyrs show up.

17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

From what I have understood (and experienced), The archers drop Boots and Legs, the mages drop gloves and helms, and the melees drop the chest, no need to do the wave battle, although the wave battle spawns lots of them, and high level ones, so I am guessing that the drop rate must be higher on those, but up until now, killing around the outer walls or in the maze looking for ores gave me all the drops I got!

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.