Lava sure is hot...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lazlo, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

The last few days I've been spending a lot of time in Northwest Blackblade Mountains, running back and forth between dragons and daemons to collect some artifacts. In that time, the thing that's killed me the most isn't ancient dragons or greater daemons. The thing that's killed me the most is hitching when running through a little room and getting my toe in lava.

After a couple of unfortunate deaths, I did come to discover that douse x 2 will remove the effect from lava, so at least you don't have to be an uber healer for it to not be guaranteed death, but it's still pretty obnoxious. I get that it's lava, so people shouldn't be able to just run around in it like it's nothing, but it's a bit much.

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Purify. And I don't think the lava is the issue; I think the room itself is supposed to be super hot. If I just step in there and don't even go near the lava I start burning. I just run through and hit purify once I get to a "safe" spot again. Because it's the whole room, it doesn't really do much while you're in there. In actual lava spots (like Oracle Colossus) just one purify after getting to close to the lava is enough, as long as you're not standing in it.

Witcheypoo and Lazlo like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I thought this was fixed? Anyway, water buckets work real good.

Witcheypoo and Anpu like this.
  4. Nubby

Nubby Avatar

Nubby just uses buckets of water, always puts the fire out

Barugon likes this.
  5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I think it's still a pretty ridiculous amount of damage, regardless of whether or not there are counters available to remove it. To put it in perspective, a couple of minutes before getting rekt for momentarily getting my foot in lava, I was face tanking multiple dragons without any problems...Otoh, spike traps , flaming arrow traps, fire, etc, don't really do anything other than maybe annoy.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Didn't know it was a bug. Weirdly, douse didn't seem to work on lava burns.

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I'm a water mage, Shield of Ice, Douse and Soothing rain, and I end up running through lava from time to time, especially during that 2nd floor of the Compendium. Obviously too long and I die, but I can usually survive a bit!

8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Here's the exact effect (for the lava room in northwest blackblade):

[​IMG]

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The bug was that it removed all fire dots. That was suppposed to be changed so that it only removes one dot. Douse works but you probably have to cast it more than once (because lava seems to provide multiple dots).

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I didn't notice multiple dots. But I was spamming the crap out of Douse and still died. As Laz posted, it's just one really long duration high damage dot.

I could be wrong though. Once I switched to purify I wasn't paying attention. And it was many releases ago. Last time I died in lava as in Bunker C, because I fell off behind a pipe and got stuck.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.