New player looking for guild and help

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Resinblast, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Resinblast

Resinblast Avatar

Been playing MMo's for a long time started with UO!! Cant get enough of that game. Im a little lost with this game if anyone could give me some help or show me the right direction

2. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Welcome @Resinblast!

I will suggest you the same thing I suggest to everyone before I plug my own guild (because why not :p).

My #1 tip I would suggest is to try to find some fun people that match with you, and then join their guild. If you use the group finder (Alt+F by default), you can find active groups recruiting for different kinds of activities that you can partake. You can also start your own group and try to find people to join you in doing something you would like to do, if someone wants to do the same thing, they will join. Last option is the universal chat (/u), although spamming will be regarded very negatively, you can still use the chat to try and find people to do something.

Once you partake in these group events, you are bound to bond with someone, and then join their guild, as you have a greater chance to enjoy the experience this way than simply joining any of the random guild propositions you can receive here!

But still, here I am, representative of the guild "Gardiens du Lys", a Bilangual guild, home to many french and english players (heck even an Italian! Dude is so fun!). We have two Player Owned Towns (a guild home and a market town on the new continent) and discord to chat offline and use vocal chat. We also do various activities, we have a few PVPers, people who love to exp, some who love dungeons, some who love decorating (we actually have 3 people I would call master decorators), and one guy who spends all his time fishing!

So if anything I just mentioned makes you want to join us, hit up me (Violet Ronso), Dax Legend, Terrence Phillip, Zurthock or Bjorn Dyonisys ingame and it will be a pleasure for us to set you up in our guild!

Elgarion and FrostII like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello and welcome @Resinblast. Do you prefer solo play or do you like to group up sometimes? I know it is perhaps difficult to solo because one thing this game does very poorly is explain itself. There is little showing what's available to do in this game while there are things available such as a housing/decoration system and 2 free lot deed from doing quests, a music system that can be solo play of songs or group playing of songs called syncing, quests and some dailies, various dungeons, control points and sieges, agriculture that allows some planting of necessary resources used in the game, a vendor system to sell and buy goods, and a crafting system to mention a few things.

We don't have level caps too much so you can try everything you want on one character. The deck system is a bit different. I usually lock a heal and anything I don't want scrolling. The y key takes you to decks you can create. You can even make one a costume deck, Also the k key to see your skills.

We also have a mail system and we can mail about anything we like. Anyway a bit of information for you. I'm Majoria in game if I can help.

Also I live in Wizards Rest behind Owlshead and I've tried to place informational instructions on my bulletin board and around town. Send me a friends request anytime. I accept all friends requests. Happy journeys to you.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Elgarion and Violet Ronso like this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

7. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Give us your in game name and we can add you to our contact (friend) list.
    That way you can tell when and where we are when in game, and can ask questions in chat.
    Also Discord (invite expires in one day) https://discord.gg/tvGbZt (general and hospitlar channel)

Have you done the three starter areas and their associated Outskirts and Mines?
    Lots of learning, loot, and xp available there.

8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome to New Britannia!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.