1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

Canticle Focus Loss Bug

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by Mhtic, May 14, 2020.

1. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

So on the Concussive Canticle spell in the Bard tree it says in red ''LOSE X FOCUS''. So, if i understand right, the caster losses X Focus.

I dueled this morning a bard, and as a Chaos Mage using Chaotic feedback, my Chaotic Feedback did over 750 dmg to me.

I did check the combat log, I did get hit by the bard spell, then it said I got slain from Chaotic Feedback.

(Since Chaotic Feed back hurts me for 1.5dmg per Focus spent/lost)

2. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

Reproduced it with Coswald Dirthmire, either on him or myself, the focus lost is onto the ennemy target. I don't mind it, but it's not clear at all, specially in red like it is.[​IMG]

3. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Try posting the bug reports with a clear step by step repro or they will get ignored.

The "Lose X focus" is definitely missleading. Its does sound like its meant for the caster but could also mean it does that as part of the attack and hurts the focus of those hit by the canticle in pvp (since mobs dont have focus). If that is the case, its working as intended.

As you can see, you took 104 damage + 141 = 245 HP damage
    You also took 104 focus damage.

Descriptions in this game need to be taken at face value. If they worded it as focus damage, everyone would of thought it was some sort of CF or Torpid torment. Its the first time there is a focus attack in the game and is worded poorly.

Last edited: May 15, 2020