Quest XP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, May 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

Disappointing. Based on those numbers, the Siege/Cabalist was an increase of 2624XP. That is a long quest that requires a decent Adventure Level to complete. Much longer and harder than the others.

On the upside, the gold numbers seem a little higher, which was unexpected.
    Edit: Strike that- That is LESS gold than we were getting. Did this quest really need a nerf???

@Sannio - Maybe consider 80K or 100K XP and 800 Gold for the Siege/Cabalist quest?

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Charon and Barugon like this.
  2. Charon

Charon Avatar

I was surprised. not in a good way, when I turned catalysts in. I didn't expect to receive anything like the 480k it was giving but I had hoped for more than the ~26k reward we're getting now. I was also REALLY surprised that it gave less gold now.

Barugon likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, I'm over it. I'm back to only doing the trollnails and that's only when I need the buff.

4. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

The xp reward for giving those arcane catalysts is such a joke that feels like a belated April fools day prank. How can people be so out of touch? If you are going to stick with that reward then at least make it a repeatable quest.

Adam Crow and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

Update for Patch 1201... The patch notes state "Quest rewards have been adjusted up. Based on team feedback, they need to be increased again but this is a step in the right direction" However, the daily quests do not appear to be updated further.

Still seeing:
    Oracle: 5000 XP and 500 Gold (easy quest)
    Cabalist / Arcane Catalyst: 26624 XP and ~650-900 Gold (hard quest)
    Runebag: 12800 XP and ~ 500 Gold (medium quest)
    Troll Toenails: 26624 and ~800-950 Gold (medium quest)
    Ulfheim: No clue! (extra hard quest)

Still unchanged:
    Love Letters: 8000 XL and 250 Gold (medium quest - due to ghosts)

I also completed two Encounter Quests. I am not sure where these were recently, not what they were pre-10x:
    Undelivered Letter: 800 XP and 25 Gold (medium quest because you have to complete an encounter)
    Bounty Slip: 12800 XL and 500 Gold (medium quest because you have to complete an encounter)

@Sannio - Is there any update that you can share with us? Is there still a plan to make daily quests a competitive alternative to earn XP? I still feel the 10x (actually 20x) was a bit too much. But where we are at now are 5 to 10 times too low. Please consider 25XP for an easy quest, up to 100K XP for the hard quests and 250K XP for the extra hard quests. That's my two cents, anyway! Thanks.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It would also be great to have some dailies progressive type of quests for doing multiple times with improved rewards of course.

Smegatron and Vaiden Luro like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is an easy quest.
    This is also an easy quest. you don't have to do an encounter, just go to North Midmaer Way and look for the body near the side of the road.

Bedawyn likes this.
  8. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

Yeah, you are right about those two. But the points being made here are:

1) The XP and Gold received do not match the effort for some quests.
    - For example, the hard cabalist quest is only twice the XP of the easy rune bag quest.
    - For example, the medium toenails quest is the same as the much harder hard cabalist quest.

2) The XP given is currently too low to be a competitive alternative to earn XP. Especially for the harder quests, where the XP given is less than trivial.

I am suggesting that we take a better look at this with these two points in mind. Assuming that we want quests to be relevent in Shroud! And I hope we do - I like questing!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.