1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Specialization tweak

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Barugon, May 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here's my wish: allow people to have one specialization in each category (Combat, Magic and Strategy) or two specializations if they're in the same category.

Violet Ronso and Cora Cuz'avich like this.
  2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Couldn't you just make yourself better by spec'ing both Death/Sun (OP suggested 2 in one category), and then either choose to do more damage (Focus) or to be a little bit less hit-able (Light Armor)?

I chimed in on another post today and suggested just this, like 3 or 4 specs for players. My suggestion, however, was to limit players choices outside of those specializations in terms of gains - i.e., outside spec gains are harder for skills, within spec they remain normal.

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, it sounds like you'd still be able to do that according to the OP. You'd only get three if you spread them out. He's suggesting you'd get to take EITHER one combat spec, one magic spec, and one strategy spec; OR two specs in a single category, like two magic trees or two combat trees. So if you were death/sun, you could still be death/sun under his proposed change.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  4. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I very much doubt this. Unless, of course, we are talking meta and everyone running similar builds. I am at 111 or so, and I can say unequivocally that I cannot solo anything major in this game as a Death/Air mage. You might say, "Change your build." And you wouldn't necessarily be wrong if this were WoW, FFXIV, ESO, etc. I started this game as that build, and I'll pretty much be that build when the servers get shut down. It's about choice. My choice is gimped. Yours apparently is not and can solo all content in the game. Kudos.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Also... I watched a player on Twitch soloing the spider queen, with pretty much the same build I have. At AL116, I'm not pulling that off anytime soon. Either I'm missing something in my build, or that guy is way over 120.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm AL 121 and I can't solo everything. In fact, I don't know of anyone who can hold a control point alone. Anyway, don't worry about it, it's just a suggestion and I very much doubt that it will get any traction.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

What sort of build?

8. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

Pfft Abstrax, you can't even solo a skeleton mage :p

9. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

I have to be against it, it would hurt balance again so much, and most fighers are already part mage/fighter, so they would be the only one gaining an additional spec, and would be so OP !!

Violet Ronso likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Can you hold a control point by yourself?

11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Hey Abstract, I would live to see a video one a few of these things you do, how about you prove everyone in this thread wrong by posting a video of you holding a CP for 30 minutes, doing the middle of Tartarus, and the spider queen. No need to show us all of your stuff, just your Adv level before starting! I believe you, 100%, but ai would love to see what I am doing wrong in terms of gameplay for struggling to hold more than 5 Satyrs at a time, and not being able to do the Tartarus maze middle in a group of 3... OBS is free, allows you to record, and is not heavy on your machine so it should not make you lag if you record!

12. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I think the hidden nugget in here is "god tier gear". And it's likely that many of us have to chase that dragon of getting similar type gear to be able to do what you do. Unfortunately, most of us can't get there either because a) we don't have the gold to buy such good gear yet; b) we can't craft such good gear yet; or c) even if we had the gold, we can't find the vendors with such gear. Can I ask if you crafted or purchased your gear? And would you mind posting some of it to help us get an idea of what we can shoot for in terms of goals? Thanks.

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I tried death early on as a secondary skill to ranged, but so many places had undead it felt wasted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.