Is meticulous XP for skinning still broke?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spainchaud, May 16, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

Huge Corpion - 1000
    Darkstar Corpion - 500
    Yellow Dragon - 1000

The XP for getting a meticulous seems to be inconsistent, and out of line with what is given for mining.

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Hmmm... I only got 500 from the dragons... @Bzus ?

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Same, 500 from a blue.

4. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

Maybe I remembered wrong, but 1000 or 500 b0th seem too low?

5. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

It is 500 xp for meticulous on yellow dragon.

6. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

XP depends on how many time you meticulous

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

When the change was announced, if was stated you would get the same xp for each meticulous as the initial harvest. This is how it works for all the other types. But the devs have not come out and said the amounts would be different for skinning, so we have no idea if this is a bug or working as intended.

8. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

From my observation, I noticed I get more XP from harvesting Higher Tier Mobs. If I harvest a Large Brown Bear I get 500 XP every-time I Meticulous, and 1000 for Obsidian Bears. I'll do some research when I get home.

But I have noticed I get more XP Harvesting Trees vs Skinning Animals, but not sure on mining.

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So far they've been the same. If you get 1000 for the harvest, you get 1000 for the meticulous. At least, for mining, chopping trees, and harvesting cotton. It'll vary based on the node, too. So if a copper node in a tier 3 scene gives 200 xp, you get 200 for the meticulous. In Elysium, I think the ore nodes give 1500 or 2000 now, I can't remember what they bumped it up to. But meticulous are the same there. Only skinning seems to give unpredictable amounts.

10. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Tbf, skinning is also the only thing that has bosses that give larger amounts. OTOH, equal meticulous xp would be nice compensation for the times that you don't even get to loot a boss because it has to be skinned and it's with a bunch of other mobs that you may or may not beat in time.

11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't think they drop more becaaue they are "bosses" but because they are higher tier corpses. Just like the t6 ore nodes in Tartarus give 5k while the t5 in Elysium give 2500. (I may be wrong and they just arbitrarily set the skinning xp per beastie, but it would seem more likely to use the same system for other harvesting nodes.) Either way, the main issue is we need a dev (@Elgarion ) to weigh in and say one way or the other if skinning meticulous is supposed to work the same as other harvesting and is bugged, or that they deliberately made them give less xp than all the other types of harvesting. I am leaning toward "bugged" for the simple reason that a meticulous of 500 on a 10k dragon feels low, even for a game that seems hell bent on making rewards generally unrewarding.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  12. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I put some of these examples in chat for the team to gander at. More to come :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.