1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

inactive Player Owned Town expired

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by CICI, Apr 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It doesn't matter. They paid for it. I personally have mine setup like an NPC town in case something ever happens to me. I even asked and asked and asked to make crafting tables usable as POT decoration for this very reason (and they eventually did).

Jikininki, Vaiden Luro, Cyin and 4 others like this.
  2. CICI

CICI Avatar

terms of service and the license agreement states that it can be amended at anytime. yep many games redo it all the time so does websites..

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  3. Hemnu Lightbringer

Hemnu Lightbringer Avatar

but not everyone has that foresight....there have been cases where people are found deceased long after they passed and even more cases where people don't set up a last will and testament, as well as many cases of people still receiving mail addressed to long dead relatives. the list goes on and on...there needs to be a login stipulation.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Actually, there doesn't.

Jikininki and Cyin like this.
  5. Hemnu Lightbringer

actually there does, as it needs to be made so that either.....A. If they don't login in within 2 years the POT is removed from the map but stays with the account, or B. If they don't log in in 2 years the ownership of the POT go to a trustee of the longest living resident and if no one resides in said town it's removed from the map and stays with the account. otherwise the rest of the players will suffer and the game will fall in decline.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why? So you can take their spot? Like I said before, if I decide to not login for whatever reason, my POT better damn well still be there. Why? Because I paid (a lot) for that. I could see, however, that they could hide the visual representation of the POT but if you walk over it then the information and enter button still need to show up.

majoria70, Cyin and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  7. Hemnu Lightbringer

once again that's why there's option A. If they don't login in within 2 years the POT is removed from the map but stays with the account. and when I say login that could even include the website if you can't make it to a computer. either way it would safeguard the rest of the players as well as the game.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, my POT better never be removed from the map for any reason. And what do you need to "safeguard" players from?

Actually, never mind. There's really nothing here to argue over.

Jikininki, Cyin and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The story of Shroud: Repeatedly shootung themselves in the foot instead of just fixing the UI so people stick around.

Got at least two toes left, so why not? Fire away!

ephialtes likes this.
  10. Hemnu Lightbringer

and as far as money goes people pay a lot for a house in real live but if you fail to pay your mortgage or property taxes you will loose ownership and that's far more money than a POT

CICI likes this.
  11. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

This is the real issue. A truly abandoned POT appears as a few flat stone spaces that are barely visible on the map even if you're right next to them. If you're not specifically looking for one, you'll probably never see it unless you literally stumble right across it. If you want to make the overworld look "less abandoned", it'd be better to complain about all the places where there are clusters of tree stumps; when I first started, I thought those clearly must be places where the forest had been cut down to make way for a future town.

As for opening up the spots for a "more active" community? If you like a spot, move into it. Then it won't be abandoned. If there aren't enough active players to keep the busy towns busy enough for you, further annoying more players -- especially those who put a lot of money into the game -- isn't going to help that.

Now, I will agree that overworld towns that are both abandoned and where all the lots are restricted, that's a problem. But only for those who seek to live there, who are probably people who prefer a quieter town or they wouldn't be checking out the ghost towns instead. Still, I'd like to see the restrictions expire. If a governor comes back later, they can always boot anyone who took a space they have other uses for.

But ultimately, the only person being "hurt" by abandoned towns is someone who wanted a particular town location and didn't claim it quickly enough. Too bad. Heck, I just spent several days exploring apparently abandoned towns looking for the right spot for my new lot -- people who reserve most of the lots, without posting any information about why they're reserved or how to contact them? Yep, that's annoying as heck. But still much less annoying -- and much less damaging to the overall game -- than people in busy NPC towns using their property rights to wreck the aesthetic and cultural ambiance the devs created for a region. Abandoned, even abandoned and reserved, towns are a minor inconvenience. They're not actually hurting anyone.

As for the terms of service? Sure, they can be changed. The fact that you CAN do something doesn't mean it's the moral or right thing to do.

Vladamir Begemot and Barugon like this.
  12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I'm honestly not concerned about what you agreed with on a forum post. I'm concerned with folks telling me how I should use my 9k PoT.

13. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Do you want to compare pixels to a RL house? Seriously........ too funny. Also, go knock on the neighbor's door and tell him you want to discuss his mortgage payments and by the way, no one stays there, therefor we should bulldoze the house or you must sell it another person.

Jikininki, Cyin and Barugon like this.
  14. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Sure, as long as your not talking about folks that have paid up to and over 10k for a product as described. Did that happen in those games or websites? What was the response of those that were affected?

Barugon likes this.
  15. CICI

CICI Avatar

POT yearly Maintenance fee?
    dev's can even add sharing of lot tax's (tax or tax free) up to 10%
    add a vendor tax of 1% if the gov wants too
    Sure I know some players paid 1-10k for POT's
    Love them to add more ways a Governor can fund player events or town deco ect

Just a suggestion....

16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I'm also not a fan of Governors charging any fees or collecting any taxes from the PoT to me. maybe wrongly, I see that as being seen as a money grab. It just doesn't feel right. I would rather see them add easier ways for folks to help Governors, some sort of in-game Governor donation chest. I would also like to see a way folks can see how that's progressing so folks can hold the Governor accountable for using the donations for town improvement.

17. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

No.

18. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

The way to profit is to grow the population, not take things away from people who have already bought into the game.

Jikininki, Cyin and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  19. CICI

CICI Avatar

Long term if you run a good town you can turn a profit to upgrade your town with COTOs etc. and you do not need to turn on the (1%) vendor tax but you will get a share in the lot tax's that is alrdy being use as a gold sink...

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thats a poor excuse to try to get your way. Empty abandoned pots will not make or break the game. As a matter of fact if game mechanics and systems not completed or improved was to be done this would contribute to the success of the game. Pots were one system that contributed financially to the ability to be able to even make this game. The only one who gets to say if that pot is removed from the overland map should be that pot owner or their families. If deceased it can be a ghost town and RIP to the owner. Going forward perhaps something can be done for new pots being bought but no touching anyone's pots already on the over world. Those spots were cemented in to create this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.