[No Longer Being Developed] MOD: Amalgamate!

Discussion in 'Player Created Lua Script Repository' started by DavidDC, Nov 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Small fix update for heal meters!

Anpu and FrostII like this.
  2. DavidDC

0.4.23 which is a fix from 0.4.22, removed spam from lua chat that i use for testing

3. DavidDC

Just uploaded the source code version of amalgamate on google drive. I didnt want to upload it before cleaning it but seem like i find no time to clean it so you can do whatever you want with it ;p i know some people wanted to traduct it in other language and all.

There alot of unfinished stuff in it, i was building it mainly to provide a way to pop UI quickly but there still some work to do.
    For those of you that wonder how its done, take a look :)

I wont be working on it for a while as im doing something taking all my time right now so feel free to modify or reshape it as you like!

Still maintaining shroudmods.com if you want to upload a mods over there and fill up the space!

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why not make a repository on github or gitlab?

Lorddread likes this.
  5. DavidDC

dont know how it work, plus its just a file :p

Anpu and Barugon like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

GitHub is great for devs, I guess. But every time a link takes me there, I never know how to actually download the file, if there's a single file installer, do I have to download all the files or just one, etc. Maybe I'm dumb, though.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

If there are a series of structured files, yeah it's great. But if as Devil said it's just one file, then the only real benefit is people can work on the file there by "pulling" the source and then "pushing" back changes to be approved by the owner (Devil, in this case). But it seems he doesn't have the time, so it would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

Just FYI, there is a link on the right side above where the files start where you can download a ZIP file if you don't know how to do source control - and it's a bit daunting to use anyways for a layperson like myself :).

8. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

Thanks after I finish my Long delayed Taxes (US). I will study this about how to do the I/O Part of LUA, the one part I was not able t0 see how to do from LUA documentation. It will be interesting to write code after 4 years of being retired.

Thanks
    Waldo Ptolomy

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It's weird. Sometimes it's actually not too tough to figure out, sometimes it isn't. Maybe there's a setting somewhere, that not everyone uses?

10. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

[on a new PC] i saw brief mention here of problems with the Virtues pane, which is less of a bummer than not having any Virtues pane...did i download the wrong version from this thread's Google Drive link?

regardless, thanks for making this and Shroud Mod!

p.s. i think you, SotAInfo, and OCX Tools need to combine forces and create the 'info mod' to end them all xD

11. DavidDC

Ability to see the virtues in mods was removed by the dev thats why i got it out. I dont think i will update this has its been a while i worked on it but i know OCX Tools is actively being updated, you might want to look into it!

Sean Silverfoot, Duursyrras and Anpu like this.
  12. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

hey, regardless...thank you...

13. Lorddread

Lorddread Avatar

I am getting a lua error when i open the xp thing using the button. I will have to look and post the actual error when i am on next to show it to you if needed.

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You might have missed that this mod is no longer being developed, and won’t be updated:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.