[SOTA-70672] Change the default crafted mage staff skin!

Discussion in 'Queued for Review/Processing' started by Merv DeGriff, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I agree that the Knurled Staff with or without the gem on top is the basic for wizards. I have my 6' knurled staff at home in my closet ;). But I would like to remind you that there are a few Telethon/Livestream staffs that do not have skulls on them. My favorite is the thorn staff that really should get a bonus to bleed when used as a bludgeon. Here are the pictures and all have eternal patterns.

[​IMG] Thorn Staff 2017 Spring Telethon

[​IMG] Darkstarr Staff R51

[​IMG] Electric Staff R53

[​IMG] Black Ice Staff R61

[​IMG] Jester Staff R62

[​IMG] The Ornate Elven Mage Staff

[​IMG] and the Royal Elven Mage Staff

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Elgarion likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes, there are more than that, too, but this is about changing what the DEFAULT is, not about patterning it with something else after.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I miss hockey. :(

4. Toular

Toular Avatar

If I remember right, the current 3-skull staff asset was simply one that came with Unity. There was a lot of talk about making a better one, but that never happened. Just take the skulls off and it would be ... okay.

5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Yep. I wouldn't mind a gnarled version, but it is called the "simple" staff after all -- a simple, unadorned quarterstaff would work. Just a plain old big stick. Heck, right now I'm looking across the room at a bamboo staff that I use in real life as a walking stick, and it's literally just a big straight stick that I picked up out of someone's yard debris. My previous walking stick was also just a big stick, that I picked up out of the woods. After all, a medieval world, mages may use fancy staffs, but a whole lot of commoners are going to have big sticks that they use for hiking through all those areas where they gather resources, and all the better if it's handy for bashing aggressive wildlife too.

A simple staff should be simple. Just a big stick will do.

6. Merv DeGriff

Merv DeGriff Avatar

I have a pine stave/walking stick that would do as a reference model. You can even tie a feather on it if you want.
    (This is a walking stick, not a fighting stick. I've not had a proper cored and treated 2m oak staff in a while.)

Thanks for taking a look at this finally. :)

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

note to self: the hockey-stick staff is already in the database AND set up with a pattern, it's just that it's not dropping from any mobs, sold by npc merchants, or craftable, so players have no way to get it.