1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Player owned towns (Marketplace)

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by CICI, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CICI

CICI Avatar

Player owned towns (Marketplace) Safe way for players to sell PoT's
    Many players have more then one town an may no longer need them =D
    • Town must be on the same (game account/forum/governor of town)
    • Seller must also post price/town name ect. within the sell post
    • Buyer posts that he or she is buying it within the Forum
    • COTO's Must be sent to the governor of town your buying (Maybe some way of locking the COTO's till the town is move over to the buyers game account and or send to the dev's)
    • Seller pays for the Transfer Voucher
    A more automatic way for selling a town
    Marketplace on the main webstore where players can list it for sale
    Buyer: Pays cash for it (game makes money)
    Seller: Gets COTO's (Seller does what he or she wants with them)
    listing fee of $50

Just a suggestion.... =D

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Witcheypoo, Nick and Bedawyn like this.
  2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

There's no way I can afford my own town, but I can dream, right? At least, I COULD dream, before they removed RMT from the forums. But not any more.

Currently, even if I could afford it, there's no reliable way for me to connect with a player who might want to sell a town; the new TOS bans even discussing it anywhere on any official channel. I can't even monitor the general going prices, or how long it takes for a sale to happen, or how often they're liable to be on the market. Dreams die when they're placed not just out of reach but out of sight too.

No, I'm not going to remember to regularly check third-party forums that I have no other business at, when I've no real way of evaluating who or how I'd be exchanging that much money with. Who would, unless they were already friends with the people running the third-party site? And if they were already friends with them, they'd probably be selling, not buying, right?

Anything as expensive as a town, the trade needs to be fully transparent and moderated by Portnip. Without that... nope, no stimulus checks spent on POTs now, 'cause we can't find any to buy.

3. CICI

CICI Avatar

An we do not need new towns (I think we have 450 PoT's) just a safe way for players to sell ones they no longer using an maybe they can use the COTOs for other things in game etc. or what ever they want to do with them =) players that cant afford a POT can just live In them =D

Witcheypoo, Bedawyn and Vaiden Luro like this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Oh, man. So many times I almost pulled the trigger on one. Once somebody had a holdfast listed for only $500, that was hard to resist. Eventually I chatted with the governor of the POT I settled in, and discovered it wasn't nearly as cool as I thought it would/could be.

Bedawyn likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

But, to the OP, yeah, it seems like maybe selling POTs could be an exception to "no RMT on the forum."

Witcheypoo likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Avatar

Maybe also let catnip buy back the town with cotos. Then re-list it for sale as a holdfast for $500. :D

Witcheypoo and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Municipality is , $7600 USD, I tried to sell it back. But gathering 760,000 Cotos will not do anything for me.

Would be nice to have a safe place to handle these kinds of trades.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  8. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I'd like to see some automatic way of handling this. I'd love to see something in game for trading towns as well as allowing new nested towns to be purchased directly from an in game vendor as well. However, I think there are far more pressing things that the dev team needs to spend their time on.

For an "official" marketplace for high ticket items, I think the easiest thing to do is for the dev to point people to the Trusted Trades. The TTs had to go through a process to gain the trust of the community and the devs. They kinda got shafted a while back when nearly everything was moved to the in game store. So, why not throw them a little business to make up for it.

Anpu, Bedawyn and Dollar Bill like this.
  9. CICI

CICI Avatar

yep maybe they can get Markee Dragon to help with selling used towns =D something needs to be done with all the unused towns in game! it's a big issue... vs selling new towns

Witcheypoo, Tailz and Dollar Bill like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.