How much damage Skelrin deal to ya?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morgathys, May 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

I wonder how much damage Skelrin deal to you in ERG?

I got a none-crit at 335! and a critical of 722

2. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

I don't tell why im asking this question in my first post because I dont wanna look like a conspiracy theory freak but I have this impression that Skelrin Nayer doesn't care about player defense.
    140 in dmg resist + 320 in fire resist and I still get hit so heavely.

Please let me know if your damage taken is similar or much more or wathever.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What type of damage are they doing to you?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is that the boss lich? I've drawn his ire before and yeah, he does a lot of damage but I expect that from a boss. Shield of Air helps.

[edit] Oh yeah, dodge also helps.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Part physical so you can resist with good damage resistance, but the other part is special Skelryn magicsauce. @Spinok has termed it "Hybrid" damage. Thus he is meant to be something to simply be avoided through "cover" since his attack is a ranged attack. Not something to be tanked. Just like the troll stomp or the dragon bite. Need to learn the "tells" and avoid them. I've had him crit me over 800 when in berserker stance.

Morgathys, Violet Ronso and Spinok like this.
  6. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

What I know about it. For sure its not the full info but based on my heavy PVE experience. Also since I don't do CP for XP, all my thoughts are about Elwyn Nayer (who is brother of the "Lich Lord" you mentioned):

1) It's not a unique type of damage of the "Lich Lords"(looks like fire). Elven mages in Rise(looks like fire), tier 10 Kobolds mage(looks likeAir) attack have the same nature.
    2) Damage resistance or high magic resistance(fire/air) or both would not help at all.
    3) In heavy armor, you will get less damage than in light armor (don't care about of properties, only type matters)
    4) The cover works against it.
    5) It can be dodged.
    6) I`m not a shield user (prefer high DPS and heal ability) but If I remember right the shield would help too with it.

I think this is a special type of damage (probably dragon special ability has same nature but I`m not a pro dragon hunter so can't say it for sure)

P.S. I think that the more such things we would have ingame - then it is better for the game.
    P.S.S. @Chris if you will read this, PLS give back the ability for "Lich Lords" to resurrect undead.

7. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

Not trying to be sarcastic here but I have always had a feeling that damage resistances make little to no sense in this game. You need to have attunement in the school of magic you are trying to resist + resist gear + resist skills but you will still sometimes seem to get hit by a ridiculous amount. I think this is why stuff like the cover mechanic is in game.

Morgathys and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

Thanks @Spinok & @OzzyOsbourne to confirm that Skelrins deal a kind of "True Damage".
    I'm kinda disappointed that whatever the tank build im skilling up, the archer/mage will not get hit much harder..

The highest hit are listed as auto-attack probably because this is not defined just yet. That will be probably be visible on a incoming update when the devs will add more verbosity in combat logs.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

I am also curious how hard to death metal slimes hit you? But I don't know what type of damage those are doing.. I can typically die in about 3 or 4 hits from deathmetal slime.. in full plate/w defenses up. My bro in light armor also dies in the same 3 or 4 hits. You do suffer allot of penalty for wearing the heaviest armor in the game but there does not seem to be very much benefit.

Morgathys and Violet Ronso like this.
  10. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

I got 200-300 of damage per hit... Things start to be rediculous If there is 'true damage' everywhere...
    The slap from the troll in Ravensmor look like Skelrin in term of damage, maybe a bit less but not much.
    @Lathiari

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.