Podcasts and poetry - What the...??

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Asclepius, May 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

You may have seen a notice in the weekly update recently highlighting our latest venture (thanks @Elgarion) So what is it all about?
    Well, for the last 5 years or more, many members of this great community have been busy composing short stories and poetry with a SotA flavour. We at the Caverns took these (with the authors' permission) and rendered them in audio form. And now well over 200 are safe;y archived over at the Caverns site.
    Lord Baldrith was my co-conspirator for a long time, lately he has relinquished the role due to RL stuff, so it's mostly been me. I have managed to get a few community members do do some narrating as well; makes for a nice variety. BTW, the stuff I record is high quality storytelling!
    So I am dusting these stories off and airing them in a weekly program. Typically there will be around six short stories in the hour, together with two or three musical tracks. Some stories are self-contained, some are chapters of a much longer story.
    Now you may think that listening to stories being read aloud is about as exciting as watching grass grow; yep it's not everyone's thing. But I still invite you to drop in and have a listen - you may find that you actually like it!
    We broadcast on Virtue Radio at 7 PM every Monday (NBT, or US Central time). You can find us by clicking the Avatars Radio link on your aether device, or point a browser to https://zcu.io/jXP8.
    I look forward to tickling your ears with community stories!

Datendrache, FrostII, Sonja and 5 others like this.
  2. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Woo hoo!

3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

That archive of stories you guys have accumulated and worked on through the years is one of the greatest treasures we have, Asclepius -- I hope you never stop! You and those that helped in the past have done a wonderful job narrating the fan fiction for the game, and you've given so much recognition and support to those writers. Thanks for doing this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.