1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Getting killed by NPCs should cause ransoms

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by OzzyOsbourne, May 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Title says it all.
    Because of all the pvp hate, I thought we should balance things out and give death meaning again.

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Let's not

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ohh my got he actually posted it, guess the other Ozzy is back on this account lol! I agree with giving Death a punishment, but I doubt this is the way to go hahaha.

Crowquillz, Crowquills and Avatarskin like this.
  4. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

This is communism after all... dont we want to be FAIR?
    My wish is a good as everyone else's...

5. Mangar

Mangar Avatar

A great way to accomplish this would be to have a PvE Death XP Penalty which the player can work off within 2 hours of game play, otherwise permanently loose. Additionally the 2 hour mark would also give your stats a 5% decrease up to -20% with each consecutive death.
    Let me explain:
    1. You die, you get hit w/a XP penalty = 5% of full XP needed to you next level. So a Lv. 100 character needs 12,523,652 to get to level 101, upon death he would take a 5% Death Penalty of this Number (626,183).
    2. This XP amount can be worked off with the next 2 hours of XP gaining. As u acquire XP it goes into your pool & a separate "Death debt" pool until it is fully payed or the 2 hours have gone by.
    3. If you FAIL to obtain enough XP to pay your Debt pool off within he 2 hours, you loose it permanently.
    4. Any further deaths would simply open up additional "Death debt XP pools" & "-5% to stats" with their own timer that would need to be paid off.
    5. The "stat hit" would return upon one of 2 conditions being met. a) 2 hours have gone by from that death therefore returning a 5% hit b) you paid off your Debt.

Death needs to be a slightly nerve-racking experience, otherwise don't even call it death - just call it a minor inconvenience..

Fzol Morningstar

6. oplek

oplek Avatar

An ongoing myth is that "risk vs reward" is a PVP-only concept. I'm glad to see not everything thinks that way.

One thing I was thinking about was essentially difficulty levels.
    • Normal - standard XP gains, no item loss
    • Medium - +50% xp/gold gain, 25% of items/stacks destroyed (not dropped) on death
    • Hardcore - +200% xp/gold gain, 75% of items/stacks destroyed on death. Also, the remaining 25% of stuff manifests into some kind of apparition/skeleton of you, that others can attempt to fight, and gain that loot. But it's difficult.
    The exact values could be tweaked.

7. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

"Oh darn, I'm being ransomed by wolves."

Sorry, bad idea. No.

Girlsname and Cordelayne like this.
  8. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

The ransom had never anything to do with anyone other than the Oracle. Study the lore.

9. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

There is no meaning to dying in this game other than a number that keeps increasing for no reason. No risk, no fun. Spam it till it works. Botters are loving this, Mining bots are loving this. They trolled the forums to give death NO MEANING and they got it. Time to fix this issue.

10. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

What if someone plays 1-2 hours a day? What you say basically means you have to always have that 2 hours of spare time in case you die, or you will just lose exp all the time, or am i missing something? Even if the timer stops when you log out, it means the next thing you have to do when logging in again is grinding to regain the exp. I would just make exp from 'death pool' regained faster than you would gain it normal way, BUT if you die again during having death debuff you could just lose some of that death pool exp, so you can regain less, and less each death. That would make people reconsider if they actually want to try again beat something thats over their abillities without making them do anything they're not feeling to do.

11. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I 100% agree with you.
    But if you think about it, if you dont play much, you dont need 2 hours to recoop because the amount of exp lost will be minute.

12. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

True, but then, if you're low lvl, you just kill some low tier mobs, and not gaining milions per hour, so the exp gain is also not that great as long as noone is carrying you. But numbers aside, I was more about to not forcing on players what they should do in next 10, 30 minutes or 2 hours :) Let them decide.

13. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

It should be tiered, at lvl 0-80, no death penalty, at lvl 80-100, certain percentage, and farther up, the % increases. Could also put a bonus to regain at certain lvls, and you lose that bonus exp gain after you reach a certain lvl. Althought I would prefer a system that penalize everyone equally to avoid giving favor to botting miners. That is why a ransom system would be best. Someone mining for hours dies, loses all the stacked ore they got while botting... it would be EPIC. Because it would not be worth it for them to buy it back.... mouhahahahhaa

14. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

IMO there definitely should be some sort of penalty for dying in pve. It really ruins the lore and the immersion with the current system which reminds me of an arcade style system with endless extra lives, except you don't really even have to start the level over, just res and resume. If that's the case, why even have ankhs, why not just self-res?

15. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

I 100% agree - let's add some bite to death and make it painful. What better way to run off players faster so the game will completely die.

Rowell, Witcheypoo, Lockey2 and 7 others like this.
  16. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I was about to ask who stole Raven's account...

...then I finished reading :p

Cordelayne likes this.
  17. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

to speak to the topic, however...

No.

Witcheypoo, FrostII and Cordelayne like this.
  18. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

It would only be painful to those who bought expensive gear and have the gold to lose. If they got caught with a big stack on ransom, its because they can afford it. Noobs will barely get affected by this and it could also be curtailed by using store gear that has 0 value. I dont see how anyone other than botters could hate this ransom concept.

MasterSlave and SlaveMaster2 like this.
  19. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Please let us know "WHY". This is a forum for discussion after all.

SlaveMaster2 likes this.
  20. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

How about we remove the 10% PVP bonus because this is a joke.. Dont say risk vs Reward when those who PVP is less than 15% of the games population, add death penalty to all PVP deaths and you can kill them constantly to reduce them to zero exp..

My vote is HELL no.

Rowell, Witcheypoo, FrostII and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.