1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Getting killed by NPCs should cause ransoms

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by OzzyOsbourne, May 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

I disagree Ozzy... .I am Adventure Level 120 and it will take me more than two hours to re-coop a single death. SotA is one of the ONLY games that had a death penalty and people LOATHED it.

Rowell, Witcheypoo, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

Why the Continuous Punishment of PvE players, Why? How about if you are marked PvP and enter a town you get Guard Wacked? After all you are a murderer and the Guards are just taking action. Then if you mark your town PvP you will be safe. Now nobody will visit your Vendors but who cares. The last time this game had an Experience Penalty, people left in droves. But then again maybe that is the goal? I hope all 25 of you can support this game. Good luck! I play this game for FUN not to be harassed or to have to deal with never advancing. NO THANKS!

3. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

People complained about the loss of Experience Points. Many Many people are only able to play 1 - 3 hours per day. Those people were dying in challenging areas and would not make that lost Experience back in the time they had left to play. They were basically stagnant with heir skills. What is the sense of Playing this game if you never advance? That is why scores of people left before they finally got rid of it.

Rowell, Anpu, Witcheypoo and 6 others like this.
  4. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

How about every time you die in PvP you lose 5% of your experience levels not just Exoerience. If you kill someone within 2 hours you can get the 5% you lost of skill levels back, if you don't then oops it is lost forever.. How about if you die a second time it becomes 10% of your Expereince Levels, not Experience. This time it would require you to kill 3 people to get your Experience Levels back. Why just PvE? The type of system you are proposing would drive a whole lot of people out of the game just like the one I'm Proposing for PvP. Most of the PvE players are footing the bill for this game . Of course maybe that is the idea, drive them all out. and then you can try and have nothing but PvP. Of course it would not be sustainable and the game would go under,

5. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

If they insist on bringing back the death penalty plus make it harsher. Then the pvpers need similer penalties, not only should anyone marked PvP be guard killed, they need to suffer a 40% adventurer pts loss plus a 50% durability loss on their gear. They must be restricted to pvp only towns, including PoT's. Also they should be limited to all of the large number of Ruins, Shardfalls, Arena's, Obsidian Trials, the Fall and Blood Bay as well as the PVP Tartarus maze.

Airmed, FrostII and Malimn like this.
  6. Lancell Lancermane

Lancell Lancermane Avatar

If I remember right at some point didn't PvP gets a 10% bonus when going into a instance/dungeon ... and if your in open mode dont you get a 10% bonus ... so unless this has changed if you are PvP you get a 20% bonus while you PvP in a PvE zone ... and what about all of the places that are for the PvPers .. like the shard falls and ruins ... the fall ... obsidian trials ... the arena .. blood bay .. pvp tar. maze its all now wasted space that further spreads out the PvP community ...

the Queue idea i dont have a problem with ...i dont care if you guys want to fight each other your choice ... but what bothers me ... is the population of PvE vs PvP community (API highest i have seen is 97+ PvP vs high of players 941+ 2/2019-5/2020) isnt even half .. even if you even double the PvP then its still not even close to half .. why if everyone wanted PvP then it would be at least half ...

stop trying to force the non PVPers into something they dont want to do ... if you want to PvP go PvP ... if you want to duel fine .. if you want to gank ... pk ... or grief me i dont want anything to do with that and i will say NO .... i have lived in a PvP shard (WoW) ... i have done arenas (WoW) i have done battlegrounds (WoW) so its not like i havent tried PvP .... but it wasnt forced on me and it wasnt a penalty ... and WoW wasnt the only MMO game i have ever played just the one before Shroud

7. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

That is just not true. Most of MMO games have death penalty, usually it's exp loss at least, often it's also gold you didnt put into bank or part of it. Less let you loot the corpses, but there are also games like that and they're popular. I'm not a fan of losing your equipment after death, but right now, losing that few points of durability is almost like no penalty at all. It's just 'happy, casual grinder'. But i get it some people got hundreds of millions exp stored in their pool and losing even 5% here is just too much. I would base the loss on the session exp earn, not whole exp pool. For example, you earned 4m exp during one run and died at the end, but you lose 5% of that 4m, not your whole pool. Making lost exp differ depending how high tier the scene is could also work. Like you would lose 1% in tier 1, but 10% in tier 10. With some higher % exceptions for spots like ERG.

MasterSlave, SlaveMaster2 and Peach like this.
  8. Toular

Toular Avatar

Seems like a good way to drive new players away.

Airmed, Anpu, Witcheypoo and 3 others like this.
  9. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

PvE ransoms fix this. Get gud.

10. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

The same can be asked about why the constant destruction of PvP. Althought I love your idea about town guards.
    Seems like I hit a nerve... all I am asking is to give death meaning again and to equalize it with the pvp ransom concept. There is no lack of advancement.... stop derailling the thread please with exp talk.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  11. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

If the Oracle took a price for being killed by any creature, player or npc..... it makes since! So yeah.
    The Oracle protection protects you from players, not her price for dying.

I mean hell, the imps flat out steal your gold, and that's freaking brilliant and a fun/unique mechanic.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  12. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

The pvpers all left because of the constant deraillement of pvp due to pve trolls. I am all for the 10%pvp bonus removal. I never flagged for the 10% either way. I flagged for roleplaying purposes, since lvl 10.

We already have death penalty (ransoms) to all pvp deaths.... I dont know what the hell you are on about.... are you trolling? or missunderstanding what the Original Post was about? Dying in PvE would yeild an ORACLE ransom and you would need to pay GOLD to get the items back. This can be NEGATED with low stacks or store bought gear that has 0 value or starter gear which is no trade no value and cannot be ransomed.

13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Do you know how many backers left the game for the time that the "XP death penalty" was here ?

PvE'rs don't play this game for punishments, especially punishments that steal our time.
    We're here for FUN.

If you PvP'rs love punishment so much, then implement your xp punishment concept for those flag'd PvP, and don't attempt to drag the rest of us into it.

We don't want it, and trust me, if it comes back then the game will be left with the couple of dozen of you PvP'rs - which, if Chris knows what's good for his future, won't pay anywhere near enough to keep this game running.

I mean, nothing seems to satisfy you PvP'rs short of finding a way to drag us PvE'rs into a world of punishment instead of a GAME.

Sorry, Fzol - nothing against you, but your concept of somehow boosting PvP and making death "meaningful" by punishing PvE - will do nothing short of putting the final nail in SotA's coffin.

Believe me when I say that I am FAR from alone in this regard.

So.... obviously I respectfully disagree with your proposal.

Rowell, Witcheypoo, Malimn and 5 others like this.
  14. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

+++++++
    Soooooo are you for the ransom concept? you know the ORIGINAL POST in this thread?

15. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Could even restrict my ransom idea to players over lvl 80. And instead of being x4 value like in pvp, they could make it x1 value.... something LITECORE for all the scaredycatz

16. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

For a punishment to be viable, there must be a reward meaningful enough to risk the punishment. I can't be bothered to login for weeks at a time right now. The lost time is punishment enough.

Rowell, Gorthyn, Anpu and 3 others like this.
  17. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

RMTing with all the bots is plenty of reward... time to nerf that cash flow!
    Its not punishment anyways. Its to add incentive on paying attention, to add thrill to the game again.

18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It's comments like this that drive PvE'rs even further away from any meaningful conversations regarding PvP.
    Nice touch, @OzzyOsbourne - typical tho'.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You keep talking about bots and botters, Ozzy...
    By any chance at all - do you have any actual proof for us ?

20. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

This isnt pvp discussion nor is your comment related to the topic of this thread. Please give me your thoughts on why a meaningful death à la ransoms are a bad or good idea. And feel free to give your own versions or points regarding having no penalty in death at all if that is your thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.