1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Change font used in the in-game books.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Thore Gundi, May 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thore Gundi

Thore Gundi Avatar

Let us change the font to something more human readable. When I try to read an in-game book the font is so terrible that I cannot read it!

The readability is terrible, it actually scares me and made me upset! I cannot have this as I have a bad case of anxiety and I just had a panic attack had to go to the hospital, and I went to relax and play some Shroud of the Avatar game, because someone in my neighborhood got beat up for walking down the street, then I went to play the game and tried to read a book and it set off my anxiety! and I took a step back and thought! oh my how in the world.

So I did some digging and found out why, Poor Readability causes fear and anger in the reader. This is a very bad thing! Most people wouldn't recognize this and it just happens on the sub-conscious level . I believe it affected me so much because of how bad my anxiety is!

https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/03/10-principles-for-readable-web-typography/

Readability is one of the more important aspects of typography. Readable text affects how users process the information in the content. Poor readability scares readers away from the content. On the other hand, done correctly, readability allows users to efficiently read and take in the information in the text. You want users to be able to read your content and absorb it easily.

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

There is a lot of reading here. A clearer default font would really help.

User selectable fonts would be perfect.

3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Vaiden Luro and Vladamir Begemot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.