1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

I wish that the Alcohol System...

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Alleine Dragonfyre, May 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

mattered.

Sorry to be snarky but a lot of us, including my husband, were ver excited for the alcohol system. It's great crafting it. But our extensive cellar full of spirits, beer, and wine is collecting a serious amount of dust.

Why?

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I hope interactivity and synergy between systems gets paid attention to some day.

You can have a billion shallow systems, and the game will still be shallow.

Start hooking them together and you've got something special.

3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

100%! However, all we have ever seen is to the contrary.

An endless implementation of new systems that never get finished and certainly have no synergy between them. It's honestly disconcerting that despite a vocal outcry to fix current game design we keep getting the introduction of half-baked ideas.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Yes, but what would we want the alcohol system as a further game loop?

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  5. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

It should be used as in other games and what it was originally built for, to complement food, potions, and other buffs. It could be used to give almost if not better buffs than devotionals have. Buffs you could use for adventuring, crafting, fishing, etc etc.

Anpu, Lord Aventine and Dollar Bill like this.
  6. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Me too!! i am using all of my resources to make whiskey casks. I heard Chris metion +4 adventure level for 25 year whiskey shots that last 4 minutes. Not an end game consumable, but this is great for new players.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

4 minutes is hardly worth the effort, especially if it makes you drunk as a side effect. It literally takes a whole real life year to make 25 year whiskey. New player or not, as someone who's made 25 year whiskey it feels like that would be an awful waste of my time. Especially when you can get a similar buff from shrines (a buff I've never felt the need to use)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.