1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 67098] Items disappearing on transfer between inventory

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Jakkal, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Toular

Toular Avatar

This kind of sounds like something I've been seeing lately, where the left mouse button(s) seem to become "released" even though I am still holding down the button. I see that sometimes while moving items around in my inventory, but never get the missing items problem. In my case, I start dragging something - say a stack of nightshade - but then the game "thinks" I let go of the mouse button and re-clicked and I end up dragging some obsidian chips.

More commonly, I see it while charging an attack and while still holding down the mouse button I release a shot, then immediately start charging again. Even tried a different mouse (trackball, actually) and saw the same thing.

2. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Magnus Zarwaddim

Thanks for the post! The /note thing did not lead to any clues, but your explanation of what happened gave me some ideas about what might have happened, and I believe I have identified the issue in code. It likely won't be simple to fix, but I will work on a fix for Release 79.

Created issue #67098

3. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

The action described where the item being dragged is next to the item in inventory is the most common case (probably around 80% of the cases) but not every case. Their are cases where a totally different item, nowhere near the mouse or the item being dragged, disappears. It's also not always while the mouse is over inventory, it can occur while between containers or can happen when over the destination container and the item switches to another item that was in the source container, and the initially grabbed item disappears.

I've tried to figure out exactly what occurs, but even after well over 100 cases of this happening, I can't nail it down since it occurs randomly and in inconsistent ways. Some days not at all, but other days dozens of times. It has appeared to be better over the last while but I'm not doing as much inventory management as I was at the height of the problem.

The type of source / destination does not seam to make a difference as it's occurred with main inventory, chests, bags, crafting stations, and vendors.

4. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

I don't know if you did something in the latest patch but this issue is much worse. I constantly get items switching when I try to drag and drop an item into a chest, sometimes even multiple switches on the same dra. Typically items next to the item I grabbed but sometimes far apart on the list or nearby placed deco behind the inventory popups.

This is getting really annoying.

5. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

The disappearances continue. In the last 5 minutes 3 more items disappeared. A stack of cotos and 2 stacks of potions. They re-appear in inventory when I log out and in, but should I really have to do that multiple times every day I play?

6. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I'm not sure if this is related but today we were changing row lots and I had to move a bunch of stuff into my inventory. Normally we would have used property manager and moved it into a slot, but we were going to change houses so I needed to put all the stuff into a backpack and then replace the items into the new house.

Anyway, one of those items was a mannequin and it had 2 exceptional pine wands with no masterworks or enchantments. Every slot on the mannequin was equipped with something, but the wands were exactly the same.. same name, same components. pine wand +3. So we moved all of the items including the mannequin with it's equipped items into a backpack in my inventory, unclaimed the lot.. claimed the new lot and added the new house, then placed the mannequin onto the new lot and I opened up the mannaquin's inventory and noticed was one of the pine wands was gone. I searched all of the inventory and containers on the character, and searched the bank for the pine wand but it's come up missing. Did the server eat it?

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Pick up the mannequin into your players inventory. Then click on the mannequin to open it’s window. See if it’s in there?

Ancev likes this.
  8. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

OK thanks. Thought for sure we checked the mannquins inventory a 2nd time and didn't see it but I guess not - the 2 pine wands are in the mannequin's inventory and one of them just isn't being displayed. The mannequin's inventory says 8/8 items and first 8 is red. I managed to fix the issue by putting a 2h sword in the mannequin's main hand slot. This seemed to reset whatever was going on and now I can put both pine wands into the hand slots.

edit: the 2h sword is just a temporary fix for when you're in the scene, as soon as you leave the off-hand slot goes into an invalid state.. sorry should've created a new bug post instead of adding onto this thread

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Anpu likes this.