Episode 2 early accesss

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoffer, May 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Can it be clarified what we actually get from purchasing the episode 2 early access add-on from the store?

At the moment it lists:

This upgrade includes:
    • FULL GAME ACCESS of Episode 2 when it is released.
    • Exclusive Title: Visionary
    • Exclusive Emote (exact emote to be created at a future date)
    • Early access to Episode 2 content as it is released

But breaking those down
    Full Game Access of Episode 2 when it is released - won't we get this anyway? Its not early access if its all been released.
    Title: fair enough
    Emote - not made yet, any clue what it will be? will it be teachable?
    Early access to Episode 2 content as it is released - The first episode 2 content that has been added has been given to everyone, not just those who purchased the early access.

So for clarity, other than the title, what did we get for our $19?

Chatele, arcdevil, Bedawyn and 3 others like this.
  2. oplek

oplek Avatar

It doesn't help that they seem to move the goal posts. The new continent is Episode 2.

Edit: Or are you saying the store description was false advertising?

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    arcdevil likes this.
  3. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Probably what we all got, a great big thanks for making it all possible. Nothing more and nothing less.

arcdevil likes this.
  4. Lained

Lained Avatar

That's always been the plan, each new episode introduces a new continent expanding the map.

5. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

So new episodes only contain a new continent? Nothing more or less? If that’s the case the new episode is released. No need for early access.

arcdevil likes this.
  6. oplek

oplek Avatar

I understand this. And the people who didn't pay shouldn't be able to go there.

Chatele and arcdevil like this.
  7. Lained

Lained Avatar

With new scenes and quests and extended story etc.

If I recall correctly that's the plan except if you live in a POT that's been moved in which case you'll land in the existing mainland upon exiting the POT.

8. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

So is episode 2 is out of early access when new scenes, quests, and extended story are released?

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Anpu, Lained and Fetid SirDidy like this.
  10. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

@Elgarion

Ruins of Ultheim - added in last month, is the only place that has a bard trainer, is an adventure scene on the Mistrendur continent ---This doesn't count as unique new EP2 content?
    Lachem's Bazaar - added in this month, is the only place that has new tech so you can scale mobs, is an adventure scene on the Mistrendur continent - This doesn't count as unique new EP2 content?

Bedawyn likes this.
  11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

No, Ruins of Utheim is simply the old Ulfheim that they added in here, not really UNIQUE and NEW EP2 content.
    Lachem's Bazaar is currently South Midmaer Way with new difficulties, pretty sure they put it on Mistrendur AND gave it another name simple to not disturb the EP1 content due to the testing nature of this test scene.

Elgarion said it, the currently first planned NEW and UNIQUE EP2 content should be Spindelskog, a new adventuring scene. That will be true NEW and UNIQUE EP2 content.

I thought Bard skills were supposed to be EP2 content, that caused a lot of confusion for me when it wasn't, but EP2 content will be coming, soon TM

12. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Ruins of Ultheim came in last release (so new). Its the ONLY place to find the bard trainer (so unique) and is on Mistrendur (so EP2). It was changed slightly when it was re-introduced so it wasn't just putting something back in.
    Lachem's Bazaar came in this release (so very new). Its the ONLY place that you can select the difficulty (so unique) and is on Mistrendur (so EP2). The fact that it was originally a clone of South Midmaer way is irrelevant.

From what I understand the only thing we know we are getting for "early access" to ep2 content is Spindelskog and that is assuming they get the flag in place to disable it for others who didn't purchase it.

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I understand what you mean, but you got to understand that Lachem's Bazaaar is basically a QA zone on live, not a real zone, it's a way for Chris to get testing done because he doesn't remember he has a QA server, he even said it, the extreme difficulty should not be staying, or at least not at that level or style. Meanwhile Ruins of Utheim has the Bard Trainer because they wanted the bard skills out asap but didnt have anywhere to place him in EP2, so dropped him there. All in all, it makes you "feel" like they are new and unique, but in reality they are simply botched up quick fixes that Chris did instead of going for the polished and smart way.

BTW, Spindelskog isn't the only place we knew we are getting for "early access". The is also the Lord British Castle's version of the compendium of pain and suffering which should be added when it is ready, which will be once again EP2 content.

arcdevil likes this.
  14. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I guess my main frustration comes from the fact that they sold early access to episode 2 and from what I've seen so far its been a complete waste of money. If you look at everything so far that can be classed as episode 2 content:
    New continent - everyone can get there
    New random encounters on that continent - everyone has access
    2 new scenes added to new continent - everyone has access to them
    Scalable difficulty - everyone has access
    Bard trainer added to new continent - everyone has access

Seems like lots of work is going into the new episode 2 but everyone is getting it for free regardless. Some of those things can be argued are not episode 2 content but its a thin argument since they are all related to the new continent in every case.
    I was sold early access to new content and at this point its cost me $19 for a title of Visionary

Chatele and arcdevil like this.
  15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I'm in the same boat, paid for it, possibly misunderstood, but I heard Chris saying he was adding the tech to block Ruins of Utheim from being accessed if you had no EP2 Content so I purchased it at that moment so I could access the bard trainer, and then alst week I learned he wasn't even blocked, so I paid to get access to something I didn't even need to pay for. I have been getting more and more upset as releases go by in 2020, so I 100% agree with you on this one, I was simply going with how I've figured out Portnip works.

16. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I had heard from the streams EP2 content would be locked. Not sure at what point or when.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.