... just a little feedback ... what got better last releases? What is still missing?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Paladin Michael, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

What I recognized and happy about:
    - Heraldry on Cloak was fixed. Before when running, it was distorted. Thank you!
    - After last unity upgrade graphics look much more detailed and better.
    [Or was it just driver updates of my graphic card? ;) I don't think so!]
    - We got a new quest in an area where a quest was missing. Great work, @Sannio :)

What I am still missing and hoping will appear soon:
    - Quest Journal overhaul (again mentioned as very important here)
    - comeback of all former houses to shop (not talking about pledge houses!)

Is there anything else YOU recognized? :)

2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Improving quest rewards will be really good for me, even if the improvements are still only partial. And I'm really happy with removing the shared XP. Repairing locked items will be convenient. But that's it, of the changes still listed in the patch notes. I have a fuzzy feeling there was something else I liked earlier in the year, but the fact I can't remember what it was tells me it was an overdue fix rather than an improvement.

Meanwhile, the lack of maps is a serious downgrade, nontradable items still can't be put in containers (and they don't all get free bank slots), and the past few patches have been Lag City for me, in areas that previously worked fine. The problems that I see newbies having are the same ones they've been having since they removed the Isle of Storms as a starter area, and the quest journal and recipe book still suck. I still can't make a living as a crafter, I still have to hunt all over to find a recipe that should be buyable from any local carpenter, and I still have to cut down an entire forest to get enough wood for something that should have been craftable with a single branch.

I like some of the changes in the past year, sure. And I try to be positive, believe me, I just bought more crowns so I can afford a village lot for all my decorating, I WANT to be positive, rather than feeling like an idiot for spending my rare disposable funds on this game. But add all the changes up, positive and negative? For me, the game was in a better state this time last year.

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

What is still missing, for me, is new spells and skills. I for one enjoy thoroughly the combat in shroud, I am not really a fan of CP's (done them, sure, but my god I have trouble going through a whole session without telling myself I should be playing Rocket League instead), but when I go in dungeons and have FUN in those dungeons, I really tell myself that a bit more spell diversity for some schools would be so much more enjoyable, and that is what I am awaiting. Also, even though it is not a home that is used so much (due to its rareness), my Lord of the Manor Keep has some bad walls and ceilings to be fixed...

As for what changed for the better, YES, repairing locked items, my god is this a major improvement! There might be something else but I can't really think of anything that affected me personally for the better lately, so I can't really go too deep in this subject. Like I said, my main thing is the combat, everything else for me is fluff, even crafting is a secondary aspect of the game for me (but crafters do love my pockets ;) )

4. Paladin Michael

EDIT:
    What I am still missing and hoping will appear soon:
    - comeback of all former houses to shop (not talking about pledge houses!)

Today I recognized on sale 4 story kobold row house!
    So I browsed through houses and ...

4 story Shogun row house is also back!
    Thank you for bringing them back :)

Again: could we have similar prices for heritage items, please?

4 story Viking: 1700
    4 story Shogun: 4900 !!
    4 story Obsidian: 12000 !!!

Well, now we need 2 story and 3 story of them and all former town sized houses :)
    Currently most town sized houses are water / ship homes ...

5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes it is nice seeing the bundles row homes make it into the store permanently. The 2 and 3 story versions of the kobold, elf, shogun and obsidian variety will also be coming in before too long. We noticed there weren't many row homes available and figured it'd be best to leave them permanently there.

As for the price aberrations, I mentioned it to the team. We're planning a price review meeting at some point soon, and these do look off. Thanks for the nudge :)

Anpu and Paladin Michael like this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Quest window still looks like you're using MS-DOS.

Vendor UI still rewards with carpel tunnel.

6 years? 7? And the UI is the worst one I can find on Steam. How is this even possible?

I hear there is going to be a second PvP town, to handle the overflow of residents from Blood Bay though. /s

Sulaene Moon likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Lol, as if that was close to reality :p No, there will be a second Dev owned POT, which is going to be PVP, for Dev hosted events (Or really more, Elgarion hosted events). Common, lets try to compare orange with oranges, not oranges with firetrucks Vlad :p

I hate my Combat UI though, so I will give you that, basically every single bit of the UI in this game is trash, 100%. At least now Lua gives some nice dudes on these forums the tools to help us have it a bit easier, but I still want my buff CDs in an easier way to see them, and would love so see an even bigger difference between my hits and my party's hits, Who just got thast crit? Did I? Can I cast Aetheric Feedback now? Ohh wait, that was someone elses Crit, after spending 15 seconds looking through by bars of buffs, I found Aetheric Feedback and it did not give me the focus regen... Welp, time to wait for the next crit, hope it was mine, and lose another 15 seconds!

Anpu, Vladamir Begemot and Cordelayne like this.
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Just going off what I saw on Twitter:

Hello Avatars! Going LIVE 9AMCT: https://twitch.tv/communityoftheavatar… -- Setting up a developer PvP town today, come check it out! (Community Manager) PRIZES!!!

But no matter, Blood Bay is already a custom PvP Dev run POT, and now it's time for a second one? Where's the Dev run story POT?

Anyway, this is just more writing on the already heavily written on wall for a lot of us. It's pretty clear what will get the attention from here on out. Eventually it'll just be you PvPers left, but unfortunately for you, your interface will still suck because somehow the most important part of software development is totally ignored,

Chatele and Sulaene Moon like this.
  9. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

Journal and maps are like first thought of most people as far as I can see, so i will skip to next changes and features i would love to see.

I liked the 10x exp from quests. Not saying that it should be back, but also not saying it shouldn't :p Just, during that event my guild and friends was doing all the dailies in groups every day, that was also the first time for many of us to even enter sieges, for example. We had more activities to do. Now, after 10x bonus is gone, nobody even bother anymore. Improving quests rewards would probably help here, so I'm all about it :)

Also I agree that user interface looks a bit 'ancient'.

I would love to see better difficulty diversity when it comes to control points. There is Hilt Fortress for weaker players (if it's even considered a control point) and that's it. And it would be good to find a way to make every CP worth visiting, not only ERG (maybe unique loot?).

Difficulty scaling on some of the existing, low tier scenes would also be great. Some of them are really great, but players wont visit them once because before they discover it they're way above tier 1-3 mobs. It's good that team is polishing it on one, EP2 scene, but after it works as intended i hope some low tier scenes will also get attention, not just new ones, that are going to be added in the future.

10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Now, Elgarion, Community Manager hosts a Fishing event, takes care of wishlist requests, hangs around asking questions, showing off new things like quests and such, and decided to build on his own a PvP town to host multiple kinds of events and games, and all of a sudden you act as if PvP was now the sole focus of the devs?

If we look at what the devs are working on right now, there's a few devs working on bug fixes, and on the Unity Engin Upgrade. Next on the list is List and Sannio, working on quests and PvE zones (Spindleskog(?) And the Lord British Castle which will act as a Compendium of Pain and Suffering 2.0), meanwhile Chris works on this new scaling zones system, along with planned Crafting work, and some bug fixes, balance passes and exploit fixing here and there. The only actual PvP thing going on is the COMMUNITY MANAGER working on a PvP town for events and games, 1 person in the whole team, who isnt even a Dev, doing events and games, to try and bring back dev events, and it isn't as if it was his only style of events, he has been continuously hosting a Fishing event each week for a few weeks now...

Seriously it is infuriating how some people see 1 PvP thing going on and all of a sudden Shroud of the Avatar is now called Shroud of the PvPtardnow...

1 community manager... a single community manager, not the entire dev team...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Anpu likes this.
  11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

During the double exp event, my guild tried several different control points, and one thing we noticed was that for the Kobold one (can't recall its name), we were getting less exp per hour, but far better loot! Supply bundles and artifacts, we were 9 or 10, and we each got at least 2 things (artifact or yellow bundle+) within those 45-60 minutes we were there!

Chemeck likes this.
  12. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

I NEED THE NAME :D

13. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I hope you're not thinking that fishing tournaments are PvE events. Vlad is correct the only events are PVP geared.
    There hasn't been any PvE events since Traviern (sp) left.

14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Then why not suggest some to Elgarion? The PvP community speaks load because they are a forgotten part of the game, and Elgarion loves PvE in a PvP environment (his two personnal POTs are PvP no ranson). PvP has nothing for them, the only reasonable thing they have is ONE very dangerous zone that has decent rewards, that is it. PVE have a bunch of em, from the very easy to the very hard zone, from the high exp to the high loots, with a new Scaling difficulty system being worked on for them, with artifacts, T3 components and whatnot. PvE have everything they could need, meanwhile PvP has 1 zone, and that is it.

Please note, ask anyone from the PvP community who I am, and pretty much only two guys could give you a real answer, Crow and Anthrax, because I ask them build ideas and to comment on my own ideas, but no one else knows who I am because I don't even PvP, I went to the Fall for my first time yesterday to help my bud tame a Spider, that was the first time anyone PvP actually saw me in a real PvP environment, so it's not as if I was a PvPer crying for more, I'm actually a PvEer who wants to get into PvP but I realize that PvP have nothing except that one event Elgarion has postponed for weeks, the community driven ones, and 1 single zone that is even worth mentioning.

Dont act as if PvE has it rough, PvE gets anything the community wants, maybe not as soon as people want it, but PvE still gets tons and tons of love.

If y'all want a PvE event, once again I'll repeat myself, Ask @Elgarion

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Didn't come for the PvE, didn't come for the PvP. I am with so many like that.

Haven't had an update that made a difference to me in years at this point, other than the occasional scrap like bigger batch sizes.

Anyway, since you're here campaigning so hard, you can look back and find that I recently went on record saying that since combat is the only point anymore, they should (and are) go full on PvP attention. Fine.

But that doesn't mean I can't grumble that the game has an MS-DOS quest interface, garbage combat UI, terrible inventory UI, etc. I paid enough (expecting that the interface in 2014 was not the final product), I can complain that it will never happen.

16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Oh, and it's totally stupid to make another PvP town with a generic template. Utilize Blood Bay, for pete's sake. It's already there. It's a POT. Months of work already went into it.

17. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Blood Bay will not afford me the flexibility I need. I cannot place deco there or additional lots, and I don't want to take lots from potential residents. Also, loot is turned on, and the fully customizable, fully enabled POT "The Barren Shores" has loot turned off. Also, we'll be level capping and skill capping the new one, and not Blood Bay. (Once Chris gets that in). I'll also have greater freedom to assist event holders who want to reserve portions of the new POT for their events. It'll be more of a PvP playground, capped at Adv Level 100, Skill Level 100. I have many event styles I'll be brewing up there that'll take advantage of decoration concepts to add some flair to potentially a monthly event, while hopefully others reserve portions for their events and spin-off concepts to my events (as they're doing with the fishing competitions). Blood Bay is there for its residents, and I will not be tainting it with my intrusive efforts when I can simply have another town via a template plopped down in a jiff.

Yes, I'll be making a lot more events as time permits, but my round of effort was PvP focused at the moment. Next up with be get a routine deco contest event on the schedule as another non-PvP option. I'll be doing the weekly fishing contests (hopefully indefinitely), probably a monthly PvP event, and a probably quarterly decoration contest (trophies have already been made). I'm thinking too of doing quarterly story events (all PvE for max participation), but I'm going to have to study up on Sannio's new story plans, so likely not this quarter. All of these events I hope to encourage the concept of event weaving/spin-offs which seem to be popping up already in the fishing tourney. Simply encouraging folks to have spin-off events related to the main event, but with different objectives and perhaps even prizes.

18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok I take it back. Good luck with your events.

19. Paladin Michael

R78 Update:

Many thanks to all involved for the fair adjustment of the prices.

Hope we'll see town sized (ex bundle) houses coming back next releases :)

I save every crown to buy at the next sales marathon ...

Elgarion and Violet Ronso like this.
  20. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

What got better: Fishing

What I'm hoping for: Something else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.