Expired Houses Going Into Storage?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jayfire, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

Did this feature never roll out?

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is not something currently in the game, or a feature that was said will be added later. We would love if they would add it though.

Currently, any expired home goes to your bank and all items within it go there as well.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  3. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

It would have been added to Jira task system if its still being used.

Anyone got a percentage on wishlist forum items officially evaluated/implemented?

Im pretty sure Unity bugs and otherwise availability of programming hours have put some roadblocks up. This seems like a good thing to do though!

4. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I was pretty sure Chris had said in his streams that they were going to implement this, but that was months and months ago. It does seem like an obvious choice -- if life makes someone duck out of the game long enough for their house to fall, you want to make it easy for them to return, not throw up more obstacles that make them wonder if it's worth the hassle to come back.

@Elgarion, any further information?

Dollar Bill likes this.
  5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

He didn't say he was...he said he'd like to get it in at some point. Big difference.

Net, Bedawyn and Anpu like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

For some completely bizarre reason, people seem to think that content discussed on a livestream will then suddenly "magically" appear in a patch as content. Sometimes some of the content discussed is added, and sometimes not. Various things can happen when they do try to add content, or content they really do want to add. Or it may be related to something else and they can't get to it right away.

But you can always read for yourself when or if any such discussed content is added: Where to find information on patches to the game

7. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, definitely something we'd love to see in the game, but no ETA nor definite answer. This would be a nice QOL improvement for sure.

Mhtic, StarLord, nimueCW and 4 others like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think this is a really important thing. If you get booted from a POT or forget to pay your taxes then all your decoration work is kaput. That really sucks!

Wilfred and Bedawyn like this.
  9. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Agreed, it's more important than just QoL for existing dedicated players, it's about keeping casual players from becoming ex-players. We want people to be eager to return, not thinking, "oh, crap, all the time I put into decorating is wasted, I'm going to have to do it all over again from scratch. Might as well go do something else..." And if they do come back, and their first return session is flavored with frustration and disappointment from seeing their previous creative work gone and jumbled into the bank, then they're going to be less likely to return the next time. SotA needs to be a lot better at making sure that at least the first few minutes and the last few minutes of each game session have a positive emotional impact, so that even if a player is frustrated in the middle, it's the positive they remember. This would help with that a lot.

Wilfred, Micmatty and Barugon like this.
  10. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

Well FYI I was going to jump back into the game to check out some stuff. Now my bank overloaded to the moon and back. No point in going out and collecting resources or adventuring because I can't store anything. This makes it so the first thing I have to do is find a lot place a house place all the stuff in my bank (I had two houses by the way that both went into the bank) This at the very least is going to take hours, if i want to just randomly through it all over the house if I actually want to place it strategically for appeal it can take days. Then after I have done all that I can go explore the new lands. But that is such a huge barrier that I just opted not to play again because that is super annoying. Especially since I did have it all nice and the way I liked it. I know its my fault for not getting on in a couple months but its a huge punishment to returning players that just makes me not want to return until I see some MAJOR change worth all the time and effort it will take to get back into the game at this point.

11. Net

Net Avatar

It is not just expired houses, I wanted to move and claimed a lot with a deed that I used, thinking it will go to storage and it went to bank instead... Would be nice if moving the lot in storage was the default option.

Barugon and majoria70 like this.
  12. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Thank you for including these first-hand details. That's the point I was trying to make, but hypotheticals are never as convincing. @Chris, @Elgarion, Jayfire's post is exactly why this should NOT be considered a low-priority quality-of-life feature, but a small-but-critical part of player retention.

Wilfred, Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.