1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Fishing Cloak/ Bait Recovery

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by ultimaonline77, May 31, 2020.

?

Should this be available to everyone?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultimaonline77

ultimaonline77 Avatar

Good day,

Whats the chances we could get a Cloak of Fishing / Bait recovery? It would seem mining has a few items and so do the other resource gathering skills. Fishing would get a boost it you could get a cloak...maybe by fishing it up?
    I believe that there a are a few that do exist in the world but are very very very rare. Please look into this it would be good for the game.

2. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

This would be ideal that it is made available either via fishing or in an orange bundle. Personally, I also think that there should be a [very] rare chance of getting beetles from fish during butchery as well.

3. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

would be nice to get some fishing-related artifacts through fishing.
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Streamer_Cloak this one is (was?) only for people who stream the game...not fair imo, as not everyone has the chance to get it

4. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

It could be a great quest and worked into a story. Get a quest from a fishing master to bring him x many rare baits, he gifts you a cloak that aids in bait recovery for your trouble and hard work and knowledge you’ve gained in finding bait through your adventure. Fish Finder cloak is already in game. A very small handful of people have it and it’s not able to be acquired by anyone else.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  5. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Giving out power only to a select few is a sign of a dying game.

Delete the items or make them attainable by everyone, or remove the oversized exaggerated fishingkiller buff on them. Who the hell wants to participate in any contest when an elite few are able to use the best bait at will without fear of losing them and you are stuck with red worms because you run out of your best bait?????? Imagine having unlimited HEAVY GEMMED LURES.......... or UNLIMITED BLOOD LEECHES.................. or BAIT SQUID...................................................................

This is SICKENING.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's achievable with a pax ring, humility blessing, and enough points in bait recovery. it's not limited to those who have a special rare item from the devs.

7. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I will never have enough crafting exp to do that.

Net and ultimaonline77 like this.
  8. Peach

Peach Avatar

That cloak is equal to over 70 million crafting XP ( 12.5 bait recovery)
    Are you joking or you just feel like talking ?

9. Alley Oop

not joking. i have 60 million in the skill. i don't need the cloak.

Lained, Redhammer and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  10. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

That still doesnt change the fact that items like that shouldnt be given to a select few, regardless of how. This isnt deco we are talking about. How about you actually address what I said:

11. Alley Oop

okay,

full bait recovery is attainable by everyone.

Redhammer likes this.
  12. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

100% Bait Recovery shouldn't be achievable when one of the good finds from fishing is the rare baits

lol....

Arkah EMPstrike and Net like this.
  13. Peach

Peach Avatar

yea i dont understand anything

ultimaonline77 likes this.
  14. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Not by me. I will never have enough exp to do that. Giving items that directly increase skills like this should be lootable/craftable in game. Not by only brown nosing a GM.

Fetid SirDidy likes this.
  15. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Wrote up a big explanation but decided to save it for the Friday stream. Here is the short version:

I've never rejected a special item requests from anyone who runs an event and asked for an item. I came up with the stats with the goal of it being something only a new person would find helpful.
    You want a unique item to give away, run some events and ask me. You want to get some of the unique items, take part in the events.
    The output from fishing to the economy is far less than 1%. Even if I gave an item that has 100x the benefit the actual result from this would still be zero and is also achievable through game and the result of the fishing economy would still be less than 1%. Fishing is about socializing, bragging rights, and trophies. The gold and recipe ingredients that come out of it are a rounding error.

I think some might be upset because I haven't been able to make enough cloaks. That was due to a bug where items with spaces in their archetype names can't be created with the GM commands. I've just fixed that. Very sorry to those who didn't receive theirs early on and especially to Phamyns for that.

It seems like people are looking for the most negative way to frame this. Again, in actual game terms, you can talk about how you could measure this as something huge in terms of XPs or the cost of saving 1/8th of a special bait but the reality is, it is just fishing. The only real output from this is supposed to be fun.

Again, I'll make this a topic tonight but seriously, you can only see this as valuable if you only look at the inputs and the optional gold costs and ignore that the real cost is time and ignore that the only real output from it value is fun, socializing, trophies and bragging rights, just like real fishing. You might make a tiny bit of money but literally anything else in game is more profitable.

Wilfred, Anpu, Redhammer and 6 others like this.
  16. Restless

Restless Avatar

did you just write up a how to with the reason behind it for wearable gm made pvp gear?!

17. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Not sure of the accuracy of that. I've made more fishing then I have making gear, but then most of what gets created there isn't sold. Heck, I make more selling the potions from my replenishing boxes than I do making gear. I'm really looking forward to some more of your forays into the crafting system.

18. Phamyns

Phamyns Avatar

130 in Bait Recovery + Legendary Pax Ring + Devotional = 100% Bait Recovery, Imaging That UNLIMITED HEAVY GEM LURES!!

Redhammer likes this.
  19. Net

Net Avatar

How?
    For me 130 bait recovery would be +43,4% bait recovery chance, does it scale with fishing level?
    +45% Pax legendary, 8% blessing that is 96,4% recovery
    Very nice, but not much better than 89,7 % I have now (+36,7% from the skill).

20. Phamyns

Phamyns Avatar

Sorry its 140 BR
    was busy with about a dozen things when i wrote this, plus fat finger issues first thing when i get home

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Lained likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.