Fish Finder Contest

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Phamyns, Apr 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phamyns

Phamyns Avatar

The Fish Finder Contest
    The Fish Finder Contest, is 5 weekends of fishing in 5 different towns.
    This contest will take place in one town per week. This contest will last for 5 weekends. This Contest will change towns each Saturday. This contest will push you to the limits!
    Fish Finder Champions
    Flair Minamoto - 31 Points
    Taikee Vetrae - 29 Points
    Bee Striker - 29 Points
    Engel - 27 Points
    Serenia Mellorian - 23 Points

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18GQcQyP-RGQYp3mp9ScotxCq4Rs0RCCT70Xn7imemjE/edit?usp=sharing
    Crossroads - Town 1 -
    Date : April 11, 2020
    Start Time : Noon Central
    Duration : 8 Hours
    Water Type : Fresh

Prize : First Place - 150,000 Gold - Taikee Vetrae
    Second Place - 100,000 Gold - Phamyns
    Third Place - 75,000 Gold - Vectorgammar Marsdon
    Forth Place - 50,000 Gold - Serenia Mallorian
    Fifth Place - 25,000 Gold - Skathi Widsdohter
    Rules : Each contestant will turn in one fish, the largest fish they can catch during that time.
    At the end of the 8 hours, 5 winners will be awarded based off of the size of the fish they chose to submit. Once a fish is submitted the contestant is done for that day. Each contestant must have their 1 fish to me ( @Phamyns in game) via trade window or in game mail by noon central Monday morning.

Solace Bridge Outskirts - Town 2 -
    Date : April 18, 2020
    Water Type : Fresh / Salt
    Prize : First Place - 150,000 Gold - Bee Striker
    Second Place - 100,000 Gold - Engel
    Third Place - 75,000 Gold - Mizzgoofy Bestwoman
    Forth Place - 50,000 Gold - Flair Minamoto
    Fifth Place - 25,000 Gold - Taikee Vetrae
    Rules : Each contestant will turn in one fish, the largest fish they can catch during that time.
    At the end of the 8 hours, 5 winners will be awarded based off of the size of the fish they chose to submit. Once a fish is submitted the contestant is done for that day. Each contestant must have their 1 fish to me ( @Phamyns in game) via trade window or in game mail by noon central Monday morning.

Crossroads Alleys - Town 3 -
    Date : April 25, 2020
    Water Type : Salt
    Prize : First Place - 150,000 Gold - Flair Minamoto
    Second Place - 100,000 Gold - Serenia Mellorian
    Third Place - 75,000 Gold - Skathi Widsdohter
    Forth Place - 50,000 Gold - Engel
    Fifth Place - 25,000 Gold - Irishize
    Special Notice : @Strider99 Set a new Bluefin Tuna Record!!
    @Flair Set a new Marlin Record!!

Justice Hold - Town 4 -
    Date : May 02, 2020
    Water Type : Salt
    Prize : First Place - 150,000 Gold - Flair Minamoto
    Second Place - 100,000 Gold - Drachnyen Nurunodo
    Third Place - 75,000 Gold - Denny Crane
    Forth Place - 50,000 Gold - Bee Striker
    Fifth Place - 25,000 Gold - Irishize

Crossroads Estates - Town 5 -
    Date : May 9, 2020
    Water Type : Fetid
    Prize : First Place - 150,000 Gold - Drachnyen Nuruodo
    Second Place - 100,000 Gold - Taikee Vetrae
    Third Place - 75,000 Gold - Bee Striker
    Forth Place - 50,000 Gold - Engel
    Fifth Place - 25,000 Gold - Erich Ruhl

Each contestant will be awarded points based on their placement during each week. At the end of the 5 weeks an additional 200,000 Gold will be awarded to the contestant with the most over all points.
    If you require further information, please ask below, in game, or with DM to @Phamyns

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  2. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be there. I was lucky I checked the date, because I thought the 11th was Sunday not Saturday

Phamyns and Sonja like this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

@Phamyns Can you add a subsequent post to this thread and perhaps the Discord #events channel just prior to each new round as I just happened to notice the Solace Bridge contest in the looking for group as it was ending?

Sonja and Phamyns like this.
  4. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

Sorry I missed today's event. I was busy giving my computer a tune up. It's GPU fan had started making a little noise, so I gave it a nice cleaning.

Phamyns likes this.
  5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hope the event's been going well. I'll get it updated again for this week's update -- happy fishing!

Sonja likes this.
  6. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

A plea to all those that fish during these tourneys, please display your fish caught on the leaderboards!

Gives all those who fish a target to beat everyday!

Elgarion, Aldo and Sonja like this.
  7. Engel

Engel Avatar

Hello a big thank you to Shawn and Phamyns for this incredible contest
    one day a week was perfect and the prizes so generous

I enjoyed every Saturday !

8. Elgarion

Grats to the winners! And yes -- thank you Phamyns and friends for running this series of events!

Drachnyen, Redhammer, Engel and 2 others like this.
  9. Peach

Peach Avatar

Hi there

What im wondering is why the fish finders cloak was not announced ?
    Why was it a secret participation prize that all the fishing community "veterans" probably all knew about .....
    The worst part is i participated for several hours, 2 out of the 5 weeks.... but after finding out that i had zero chance i decided to not submit my random useless fish (mostly amberjacks and mahi mahi ).....
    IF i knew that there was a pariticipation prize ( maybe advertised somewhere HERE ) i would of absolutely entered my fish no matter what ....
    Just like i do in the catnip weekly fishing contest. I submit my entries to receive the cute little spinning trophy....
    of course i would of entered these fish to receive a + 12.5 BAIT RECOVERY cloak to wear while i fish ... :(
    I think this is unfair, especially since there is no other way whatsoever for me to get this cloak..... and it sucks because i do enjoy fishing very much but now its like i feel like im on the outside of this inner fishing circle where only the elite are aware of stuff like this ....

I dont know how this can happen. This is NOT a consolation prize..... a cute little trophy/thanks for participating in the phamyns contest , this is a fishing game changer, its an item that helps you out while fishing .... I find it extremely suspicious that this cloak comes out right before they remove the allowance of wearing two pax rings....

@Elgarion @Phamyns @Phamyn @Chris

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    Net, Sonja, OzzyOsbourne and 9 others like this.
  10. Elgarion

Sorry, I'm unaware of any fishing cloaks for this contest, but @Phamyns will have more knowledge on this since this was a player event. Perhaps their just new copies of his old streaming cloaks back when we did offer unique enhanced ones. Maybe if you sent in fish late which were caught during the timeframe of the contest, he could hook you up, but that's up to him since it was his contest. Also, these cloaks have nothing to do with the Pax rings changes.

No conspiracies here as far as I can tell in any regard.

Net, Sonja and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  11. Lained

Lained Avatar

I had no idea, it was a nice surprise to find the cloak in my mail box, thanks @Phamyns!

Sean Silverfoot and Sonja like this.
  12. Serenia

Serenia Bug Hunter

To my knowledge, no one except Phamyns and Atos knew about the cloaks. The rest of us just participated because we enjoy fishing and being social in the game.

13. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i won the contest and i had no idea there was a cloak until the contest was over.... and if it was such an advantage why am i not winning the catnip contest every week. If you fished enough you would know that your bait really doesn't add much advantage at all and most of fishing is luck and rng if anything. We have had folks catch bigger and better fish using nothing more then minnows and having less then gm skill. So having the ability to not burn your bait doesn't really give you any advantage at all or all of the folks who have been fishing the contest from the beginning who were not using bait would be winning every time and that is just not the case. For the record most of us fishermen didn't need the fish finder cloak nor the second pax ring to not use bait as we all had bait recovery skill, a legendary pax ring, and the buff.

Sonja, jjchick, Anpu and 6 others like this.
  14. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Wow. You know, I don't think Phamyn's had any ill will here. But yet you guys want to tear him apart. Folks who run these events put in a lot of time and effort and aren't out to screw anyone. I think you will find that the fish finder cloak won't make that much difference, because the efficacy of rare bait itself is questionable. It's not a conspiracy and I wouldn't blame Phamyns for never running another event again if this is how folks are going to react.

Sonja, jjchick, Anpu and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.