4Booty - Obsidian Report lost at Islands of Wonders

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Net, Jun 5, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

It has been a while since I created an event... I wanted to test something new and make a treasure hunt-like event.

The event starts with a note Looking for help at the Bulletin Board just above the main docks of Islands of Wonders, governed by @Sole.
    The event is live now and at least for the duration of the Islands of Wonders being featured in the Catnip Games Weekly Fishing Tourney. I suspect the event will be live some time after as well. Being first to solve it will be an advantage for you, however anyone who follows the leads closely and diligently will be rewarded.

I have to thank @Sole for letting me use her town and many of her beautifully decorated buildings, as well as @Ravenscar who granted me access to several of his buildings as well. Also @Saesa helped me obtain several items and @Athanil and @Tsumo helped me to test the event and provided me with valuable feedback.
    And of course @Elgarion for organising Catnip Games Weekly Fishing Tourney and supporting player events.

Just a small hint, you do not need to spend any gold on this quest (though I will be happy if you do). Oh and there are several hidden eastereggs and there might be slightly more to this event than you think. Just slightly more though, it is surprisingly time consuming to run around island and think of a story to connect the landmarks:)

Oh and a large hint, there is a handy map below that might help you with the first phase of the event.

[​IMG]

I will be happy if you provide me feedback, but please use spoiler tags for any info that someone joining the quest late should not see.
    Code:
    [SPOILER="this is spoiler"]
    text or images containing spoilers
    [/SPOILER]

Sonja, Elgarion, Sole and 9 others like this.
  2. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Great Puzzle Net :)

Athanil, Ravenscar, Sonja and 3 others like this.
  3. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

Fun puzzle!

Athanil, Ravenscar, Sonja and 2 others like this.
  4. Sole

Sole Avatar

Really nice quest Net. I hope to see sequel soon :)

Sonja, Athanil, Elgarion and 2 others like this.
  5. Net

Net Avatar

Thank you all for the feedback and for putting the time in to do the quest:)

I will post some clues below and behind of scenes
    Most of the character names in the quest are anagrams, can you figure them out?

After visiting the Old Inn, check out the graveyard
    Beware, the book is cursed. There is a note near the book explaining the details. Those who followed the rules were rewarded. Those who will break them might find finishing future quest harder;)
    Check out the tent between Old Inn and the graveyard
    There are 2 notes at the Obsidian tower... one from Ned, one from Shadow dealer. Check the top of the tower as well as its surrounding to find both notes... and Ned.
    This one is hard to find, but if you look for printing press at the crafting pavilion in Little Ardoris, there is extra copy of the Obsidian Report
    There are actually two keys in the house rented by Shady Dealer placed as deco

Oh and the quest will continue. I am thinking about how the players could affect it in the future, stay tuned!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Sonja, Elgarion, Rook Strife and 3 others like this.
  6. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Ahh I missed the easter egg lol

Nice one

Sonja and Elgarion like this.
  7. Net

Net Avatar

Thank you for the feedback.
    I think people could have decoded the book even without going to The Brave Coast, but it would be really hard. Though the code used is used on the notes in Bunker C and I decoded those without any key:p
    And yeah the quest was meant primarily as part of the fishing contest, so I expected people to know the locations, but I suppose I might have been clearer about it. Then again, asking for help is part of the quest!
    Maybe next time the Shady Dealer will not be hidden at the very end of the quest in the PVP area and will sell advice from a more convenient location;)

You are good!
    Yeah, Adam Ned is Dead Man:)
    Shady dealer - I do not think this one is anagram:)

Missing ones:
    El Stone
    The Lone Sea Assailant - this one might be tricky for people who do not know my friends:p

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.