Magic Shields

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Micmatty, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

I know it will never change and I know people have gotten it to work with their builds so I don't expect it to change but I just want to know am I the only one who finds shield of air way out of place when comparing it to the other shields.

1. Shield of Crystals and other skills make sense to the buffs you get in the earth tree health,str and damage resistance.

2. Shield of Ice make sense because a layer of ice would reduce damage etc..

3. Shield of Fire you are surrounded by fire so anyone who comes near takes damage again makes sense

4. Then you have Shield of Air who decided to not follow the pattern and be something completely random and
    not what you would think of when looking at the air tree you have dex buff and speed buff/lighting which usually represents speed in alot of things so to me it would of made complete sense for shield of air to add bonus to dodge.

I could be wrong on this but has anyone else thought this or is it only me?

Me personally I would love for it to have added a dodge bonus instead of what it is but that is just me.

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

And then have the Shield of Air current effect go to a new shield spell in the focus tree! Great idea!

3. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

I agree 100% totally makes sense for it to be in focus tree and could be called something pretty simple like Shield of Focus.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Violet Ronso likes this.
  4. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Focus tree sounds reasonable for the current shield of air

Net, Violet Ronso and Micmatty like this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

"Shield of Ether" would be a interesting change. I'd be good with just moving it around.

Micmatty likes this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I tend to agree. I never found Shield of Air that compelling. But maybe its because I focus more melee and like the earth skills anyway.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think think Dodge should be in air as its already in Light armor. if anything the air shield should be an Arcing shield that if you get too close it shocks. could make it so that its more powerful if only one thing touching it and as more things gather around it hits each but weaker per mob in the field?

I like the idea of air shield current form under a focus shield that would make more sense to me.

mind you for Air mages which I use to play the current is prefect as its what keeps us alive. no good in pvp though as there is one spell that destroys it in a single hit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.